Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Savannah Willis

Evelyn rubbed her head as she took in her surroundings. She was in a small, stone brick room that was damp and had the most foul smell. The only way in or out was through a wooden door that was far out of reach. Evelyn bolted up right when she remembered what happened.

She stood up only to be pulled back down. Her ankle was chained to the wall. She looked around to see if there was anything near her that she could use. Nothing.

“Emma!” Evelyn yelled when she realized that the young girl wasn’t with her. “Emma!” She tried again but received no answer. A tear formed in her eye.

“Mrs. Ashcroft?” I heard Emma say.

I sighed with relief and replied, “Yes, where are you?”

“I-I don’t know. Some kind of room. It’s cold and wet. I’m chained to a wall, I can’t get up. I’m scared!” Emma informed me.

“Are you alright, are you hurt?” Evelyn asked through the wall.

“I’m fine. What’s going on?” Emma finally asked the million dollar question.

“Emma, I need you stay calm when I tell you this.” Evelyn replied with a sigh.

“Tell me what?” She asked clearly afraid.

“Emma, we were kidnapped.” Evelyn stated.

“We what! Who would have done that?” Emma exclaimed.

“It’s a long story…” Evelyn said and began to tell Emma about Scarlett and Stella and who she really was.

“So, you’re telling me that Scarlett is a princess and she has an older sister named Stella who tried to kill her when they were younger because her mom who’s a queen and you supposedly loved Scarlett more and because she’s more powerful than Stella and because she tried to kill Scarlett their mom sent Scarlett away with you to protect her but Stella found her and is trying to kill her but took us instead?” Emma repeated summing up everything that Evelyn had just told her.

“Yes.” Was all Evelyn said.

“You’ve got to be kidding me right? Any minute someone’s going to come out with a camera and say ‘got ya’ because there’s no way any of that is true. I know Scarlett and she is not a princess.” Emma replied.

“I’m glad somebody finally sees it my way. How could my little sis possibly be a princess? I thought the same thing for six years until I decided to finally make my move and kill her but of course Aunt Evelyn and mom had to get in the way because they love her more.” Stella said bitterly standing at the door that now stood wide open.

“Stella, leave her alone she has nothing to do with this. You can’t benefit from her.” Evelyn yelled through the wall.

“You see, that’s where you’re wrong. I wasn’t sure if Scarlett would come after you or not but her dearest friend, now that’s a different story.” Stella replied.

“What are you going to do?” Emma asked with a shaky voice. Stella walked over to her and bent down to eye level.

“Nothing, for now. But, if it takes her to long I’m going to have to speed up the process a little to make her come quicker.” Stella informed her with an evil grin.

“Don’t touch her, she hasn’t done anything to you.” Evelyn called out.

“Maybe, but still, I want Scarlett dead and the only way to do that is to get her to come to me, that’s where she comes in.” Stella said referring to Emma.

“As for you,” Stella began as she walked through the wall into Evelyn’s room. “I’m not letting you go. You are going to die in here mark my words. You and my “mother” kept me locked away for two years. Who does that to a child?”

“You tried to kill your sister we had no choice, we had to protect her.” Evelyn protested.

“You don’t get to speak!” Stella exclaimed bringing a knife to Evelyn’s throat. “Do I make myself clear on that?” Evelyn gently nodded too afraid to respond.

“Good. Now, back to what I was saying. You say that you and the queen loved me but you didn’t. So, I’m going to take away the one thing that means the most to the both of you and I’ll make sure you’re both there to watch. Then, when she’s taken care of, I will kill the queen and take my rightful place as queen.” Stella said now walking back and forth proudly.

“You aren’t going to get away with it. Scarlett is going to get the help that she needs and when she does she’s going to kill you and save us all.” Evelyn said. Stella lifted up her hand then brought it down striking Evelyn in the face with the back of the knife leaving it oozing dark red blood. Evelyn winced in pain.

“Evelyn, are you okay?” Emma cried out from the other side.

“I’m alright darling.” Evelyn replied through gritted teeth. Stella went back into Emma’s cell and bent back down.

“I’m going to have fun with you.” Stella laughed grinning that same sickening grin. “Oren, get in here.” A moment later a guy with blue, spiky hair came in.

“Take our guest here to my room and chain her to the bed.”

“Yes your majesty.” The guy bowed and went over and started to undo the chains that bound Emma to the wall.

“Stella, you don’t want to do this. She has nothing for you.” Evelyn yelled.

“I’ve had enough with you.” Stella implied taking a small pouch from Oren and walking over to Evelyn. She took a hand full of the black dust and flicked it into Evelyn’s face and just like that she was out.

“As for you,” Stella began once again coming face to face with Emma. “I have other plans for you.” With that Oren took her away.


Stella paced back and forth in front of Emma. “So, you’re Scarlett’s best friend.” Stella said more as a statement rather than a question. Emma simply looked at her too afraid to speak.

Stella realized then just how afraid Emma was and grinned. She bent down in front of Emma, leaned in and whispered in her ear, “Why don’t you tell me about your dear friend Scarlett?” Emma looked up with fear in her eyes, Stella mere inches from her face.

“Well, she’s smart but she doesn’t act like it. She’s funny and loves to read. We’ve been friends for years.” Emma informed her.

“Is there anybody special in her life?” Stella asked raising an eyebrow.

“No, she doesn’t really talk to people.” Emma stated.

“You mean nobody wanted to hang out with the almighty princess?” Stella laughed.

“Well, Scarlett didn’t even know she was a princess and even if she did she’s not the type of person who would tell everybody. I’m not even sure she would tell me.” Emma said with a sad look on her face.

“How does that make you feel?” Stella asked.

“It kind of hurts knowing that she probably wouldn’t’ve told me but she didn’t even know so I can’t hold anything against her.” Emma shrugged.

“There’s something that she knew that she didn’t tell you. She saw me yesterday at school.” Stella said.

“She what?” Emma questioned with hurt in her voice.

Stella grinned when she realized she found something she could work with. “Oh yeah, she saw me in class then again in the library.”

“Why didn’t she tell me?” Emma said more to herself.

“She didn’t think you could handle it.” Stella stated.

“How do you know all of this stuff?” Emma questioned.

“She told me.” Stella replied.

“When?” Emma countered.

“Yesterday. I visited her at her house and I told her that she should tell you but she said that she didn’t think you could handle it.” Stella lied.

“I’m her best friend, of course I could handle it. Even if I couldn’t I would’ve tried because like I said, I’m her best friend. Well, I thought I was anyway.” Emma said bitterly.

“I can tell that makes you upset.” Stella stated.

“Yeah it kind of does.” Emma replied matter-of-factly.

“Well, you could help me. You know, so you can get your revenge on Scarlett.” Stella implied.

“I don’t know, maybe I should try talking to her first.” Emma contemplated.

“Or, you can agree to help me and when I take over the kingdom you will become a princess and help me rule.” Stella offered.

“What will happen to Evelyn, the queen, and Scarlett?” Emma asked.

“Evelyn and Ruby, the queen, will be locked in the cellar, but don’t worry, I’m not going hurt them I just want them to know what it feels like to be locked away for a long time.” Stella informed.

“And Scarlett?” Emma questioned.

“I’m just going to make sure she out of the way.” Stella said like it was nothing. Emma looked down and slightly nodded.

“Scarlett and I got a new history teacher yesterday and he was at her house. I think it’s safe to assume he’s not really a teacher. Who is he?” Emma asked after a moment of silence.

“That’s Eli, he’s one of the highest Knights of the queen.” Stella informed.

“What if he tries to stop you?” Emma questioned.

“We kill him.” Stella said as if it should be obvious.

“I can’t kill somebody.” Emma stated.

“That’s okay sweetheart, I’ll do the killing. You just help me get Scarlett.” Stella said.

“What would I need to do?” Emma asked sheepishly.

Stella looked at her with an evil grin and replied, “Bring her to me.”

“How do I do that?” Emma asked.

“You lie.” Stella said.

“I can’t lie to my best friend.” Emma stated.

“Why not, she lied to you.” Stella questioned in annoyance.

“In her defence she didn’t know about any of it either.” Emma defended.

“But when she did she didn’t tell you.” Stella pointed out.

“Scarlett called me to come over, that’s why I was there. Maybe she called me so she could tell me everything.” Emma tried.

Stella walked over to Emma and hit the headboard right next to her head which in terms made Emma jump. Stella closed her eyes and tried to focus on not killing the girl right in front of her. “I’m going to leave you here and when I get back you better have made a decision whether you’re going to help me or not.” Stella threatened and left the room leaving behind a very frightened Emma.


A little while later Stella came back into the room. “Have you made a decision?”

“I-I don’t know.” Emma replied barely audible.

“How difficult can it be!” Stella yelled causing Emma to jump.

“Scarlett’s my best friend and I-” Emma began before being interrupted.

“I don’t care who she is,” Stella exclaimed coming closer to Emma. Stella bent down so she was face to face with the petrified girl. “Let me put it this way, if you don’t help me, when I do get a hold of her not only will I kill her but I will also kill you. Now, you can help me and become princess once this is all done or you can die. Your choice.”

Emma gulped and with wide eyes and a shaky voice replied, “When do I start.”

Stella put a hand on Emma’s cheek before she got up and once again left Emma chained to the bed .


“Oh Aunt Evelyn.” Stella called out in a sing song voice.

“Stella, what did you do with Emma?” Evelyn questioned not skipping a beat.

“Oh, she’s fine.” Stella replied opening the door and walking into the small room. “I just wanted to check on my favorite Aunt.”

“What are you up to?” Evelyn asked.

“Now why would I tell you that?” Stella countered.

“Just let her go, the poor girl hasn’t done anything to deserve this.” Evelyn pleaded.

“Well, if you must know, Emma is going to help me kill Scarlett and take over the kingdom. She’s even going to be princess and help me rule the kingdom as a reward.” Stella stated proudly.

Evelyn looked at her in shock. “No, she would never agree to something like that.”

“Well it looks like she did.” Stella shrugged.

“I don’t believe it, Emma would never hurt Scarlett.” Evelyn protested.

“She’s not going to be the one hurting her, I am. Emma is merely bringing her to me.” Stella smiled.

“You’re a sick monster. You wonder why and I locked you away.” Evelyn said bitterly.

“You stupid little…” Stella yelled hitting Evelyn across the face. Evelyn winced in pain. She could taste the blood that started to pool in her mouth. She spit out the bitter, metallic tasting liquid. “I was a child, you should’ve loved me, cared about me, treated me like I was there!” Stella added angrily trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

“We did love you and care about you!” Evelyn yelled back.

“No you didn’t, ever since Scarlett was born she was the only one you guys cared about. It was always ‘Scarlett this’ or ‘Scarlett that’ and whenever I tried to get your attention you always brushed it off like it was nothing. You guys acted like Scarlett walked on water and I was the scum that grew at the bottom. I was invisible to you.” Stella explained, her voice full of hurt and betrayal.

“Stella, I’m so sorry, I had no idea you felt that way.” Evelyn genuinely replied.

“No, it’s far too late for that. I tried for so long and nothing. Now, you’re going to pay. You’re never getting out of here alive.” Stella said bitterly then left the room, slamming the heavy, wooden door behind her.


© 2016 Savannah Willis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So i pretty much saw Chapter 5 was posted and I was like, top of my priority list. Everything else will be put on hold while I read this. Again, captivated and again sucked into the story. So glad to be able to have the time to sit down and read this. I think everyone should. Savannah has that way with writing that literally pulls you in and makes you a part of the story without you realizing it. Absolutely loved this and can't wait to read more!! Definitely 100/100.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So i pretty much saw Chapter 5 was posted and I was like, top of my priority list. Everything else will be put on hold while I read this. Again, captivated and again sucked into the story. So glad to be able to have the time to sit down and read this. I think everyone should. Savannah has that way with writing that literally pulls you in and makes you a part of the story without you realizing it. Absolutely loved this and can't wait to read more!! Definitely 100/100.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 11, 2016


Author

Savannah Willis
Savannah Willis

TX



About
I love to write but I'm a fairly new author... One of my biggest dreams is to become a nation wide best seller! more..

Writing