Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Savannah Willis

I went inside and headed straight for my room. I discarded my cover up and sat on my bed. I pulled the book from my bag and examined it for the hundredth time day it seemed like.

I opened it and sighed when I saw that there was still nothing inside. I shook my head and put it back in my bag and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and raised my eyebrows in confusion at what I saw.

On my arm there was a weird 'H' on my arm, it almost looked like a tattoo. “What in the world?” I thought outloud to myself. After a few minutes I went over to my computer and searching.

I had been looking for about five minutes until I found a tattoo that looked exactly like the one on my arm. I clicked on the picture and went to the information section. “High Elf Rune Daroir, for remembrance, memory.” I read outloud to myself. I was about to start looking for more information about it when I heard a knock on my door.

“Dinner’s ready.” My mom said from the other side.

“Okay.” I replied. I looked at my arm and put my cover back on.

I left my room and went down the stairs to the kitchen. I started helping my mother set the table with food, plates, and silverware. We both went into the living room to wait for my dad to get home.

My mom looked over at me, with a sadness in her eyes that I hadn’t seen before, and said, “So, Scarlett, about earlier, I know you said that everything was fine but I still feel like there’s something bothering you.”

“Nope, it was just a long day at school, nothing out of the usual.” I replied forcing a smile on my face.

“You know you can tell me anything right?” She said rubbing my arm.

I looked down at my lap and let out a slight chuckle, “Something’s are better left unsaid.”

“Why do you say that?” My mother questioned with curiosity and genuine concern.

I let out a sigh and looked up at her meeting her gaze. “If I told you, you would think I’ve lost my mind.”

“Try me.” She challenged.

I took a deep breath and began, “So, we got a new girl today but she won’t tell anybody her name and I went to the library like I do every day and I found this old book but there was nothing written in it-it’s like I was drawn to it-but it gets weirder. When I was in the library the girl came up to me and she knew my name but she wouldn't tell me hers.

She went on about how she can’t wait for me to be able to read the book and that it’ll come to me, whatever that’s supposed to mean.”

“And you have no idea who she is, you don’t remember ever meeting her or anything?” My mom asked.

“No, but that’s not it,” I took off my cover up revealing the tattoo type mark on my arm. “She touched my arm earlier and this appeared.” I informed her. She rubbed my arm where the mark was.

“Do you know what this is?” She asked as tears formed in her eyes.

“I didn’t so I googled it. It said that it was some kind of High Elf Rune called Cython, whatever that means. Are you okay?” I questioned giving my mom a worried look.

“Have you had any strange dreams or remembered anything that seems… Not normal?” My mom asked.

Thinking back to this morning I turned away from my mother as a lump formed in my throat. I choked it down and said, “This morning, it was terrible. It felt so real.”

“What happened?” She asked placing a comforting hand on mine. I told her about my dream and what had happened in the shower before I came down for breakfast. I looked over at her and she looked like a deer caught in the head lights. All the color had drained from her and she was left pale.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” I questioned now getting very worried.

“I-I need to go, when your father gets back tell him I had to go out and I’ll be back later but don’t tell him anything you told me.” And with that she got up, grabbed her stuff, and left the house leaving me all alone.




“Your majesty, you have a visitor.” A young man dressed in armor informed the queen.

“Send them in.” She replied in a loving tone.

“Ruby, we need to talk.” Evelyn said walking into the massive room.

“Ah, my dearest sister, to what do I own this visit?” Ruby exclaimed standing from her throne, her bright green gown flowing around her.

“Who have you sent to watch Scarlett?” Evelyn harshly asked.

“What are you talking about?” Ruby counted with confusion.

“Scarlett told me that there is a girl who touched her and a Daroir appeared. This girl also refuses to tell Scarlett her name even though she knows Scarlett’s name, she also telling her to let it come to her, so, who have you sent?” Evelyn repeated.

“I haven’t sent a female to look after her, I did send someone though.” Ruby stated.

“Who did you send?” Evelyn questioned.

“Eli.” Ruby informed her proudly.

“Eli? Are you sure that’s a good idea, I mean, what is she going to do if Scarlett has two strange people who know so much about her start following her around and telling her things that don’t make sense?” Evelyn asked.

“Well, with his vast knowledge of your history and his naturally older looking appearance, he took a job as her History teacher. I guess it’s a good thing her other teacher quit when he did.” Ruby laughed.

“It’s not my world and you know that, this is my kingdom just as much as it is yours. The only reason why I didn’t stay here and help you rule was because I took your daughter for you since you were becoming queen and couldn’t take her away yourself.” Evelyn stated bitterly.

“And I very much appreciate that. But if there is somebody there trying to get her to remember than maybe it’s a good thing I sent Eli to look after her.” Ruby stated.

“I never did understand what the point in sending her away was.” Evelyn said.

Ruby sighed and replied, “You know why I had to do it. It was to protect her from Averic.”

“Well the girl is doing everything she can to get her to remember.” Evelyn said.

I sat alone on the couch waiting for my dad to come home. After about thirty minutes of waiting I decided to go upstairs and take a shower. I reached my room and went straight to the bathroom. I was about to turn the water on when I heard the front door open. ‘Perfect timing dad.’ I think to myself as I turned off the water.

I went back down stairs but to my surprise there was nobody there. I went over to the door and it was locked. Just to be safe I went around the house and made sure all of the windows and doors were closed.

I went back upstairs but stopped when I got to my bedroom door. I went into my parents room and got my dads gun that he keeps in his nightstand drawer. I made sure it had bullet in it before I went back to my room.

Into the bathroom I went and turned back on the water. I took off my close and was about to step into the shower when all of a sudden the lights shut off. I quickly grabbed my phone and turned on the flashlight and put my clothes back on.

I grabbed the gun and cautiously left the bathroom. I heard another noise come from downstairs. ‘Someone is definitely in the house.’ I thought to myself. I slowly opened my bedroom door and went down the stairs.

I stood at the bottom of the steps contemplating what my next move was going to be. I shined the light in the direction of the dining room and kitchen. Nothing. I shined it into the living room. Again, nothing.

I began to walk to the garage where the power box was located. I constantly looked around making sure there was nobody there. I made my way to the garage door and sighed in relief. I opened the door and was immediately knocked to the ground. I grunted as I hit the ground.

I heard a familiar voice laugh from above me. My body went cold, I could feel my heart beating against my chest as I laid on the ground not daring to move, afraid to even breathe. I heard footsteps and sure enough the landed right in front of me.

“Now, it’s not nice to ignore your guest.” The person said kneeling down.

“Who-who are you? What do you want from me?” I muttered out.

“It’s a shame you don’t remember anything, it sure would make this a lot more fun for me.” She said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked still looking down.

She laughed slightly and replied, “Get up.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then did as I was told. I stood up and for the first time come face to face with the girl from my dream. She looked exactly like the mystery girl from school the only difference was their voices. The girl from school spoke with such a loving and caring tone whereas this girl talked in a more commanding way.

“By the look on your face I’m almost positive you recognize me from your dream.” She began. “I know what you’re thinking how does she know about the dream, well, the thing is that it wasn’t a dream at all.”

“What are you talking about?” I questioned trying to keep my voice even.

“You know exactly what I mean. You know, the dream where one minute everything was nice and beautiful. Peaceful even, then the next moment it was total chaos and I was killing you. It wasn’t just a dream” She stated.

“Yes it was. It’s all just a bad dream. I’m going to wake up in my bed and you’ll be gone.” I cried.

“Oh sweetheart, if only it was that simple.” The girl laughed.

“Who are you?” I finally asked.

“You already know the answer to that question you just don’t remember. Why not asked your “mother”?” She said putting air quotes around mother.

“What does that even mean?” I questioned starting to raise my voice in frustration.

“Now now, no need to raise our voices here.” The girl put her hands up in defense. “I’m just saying, not everything is as you think it is.” She added with a smile. I followed her hand as it went down to her thigh. She pulled out a dagger and started walking towards me.

I walked backwards as fear overtook me. My eyes went wide when my back hit the wall signaling I had nowhere else to go. I looked over to where the gun laid on the floor. The girl grinned when she realized where my eyes had landed.

“The won’t help.” The girl said now mere inches from my face. She brought up her hand and put it on my chest holding me to the wall. With the other hand she brought the dagger to my side and said, “So you know that this isn’t just a dream.” I felt a stinging sensation in my side as a warm liquid ran down my body.

She came as close as she could, her body pressing against mine as she leaned in and whispered in my ear, “I’ll see you again soon.” Before she disappeared leaving me alone in the darkness.




© 2016 Savannah Willis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Savannah has a way of writing that really captivated me. Whenever I get started reading something, I usually don't get too involved or attached till about 3 or even 4 chapters in. I had read the first two paragraphs and I was hooked. Now after reading the first two chapters, I simply can't wait to read more. This certainly has a lot of potential and with Savannah's talent in it, I have no doubt that it will go far. She has a way with words that just makes everything flow, kind of of the same way that the words in my Spoken Words often flow. Overall, I loved it and can't wait to read more. The reason for my 80 out of 100 is simply because there is still a ways to go with this but what's there right now is amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

the same intensity continues in this chapter... im loving the setting of the story... it carries mystery all the way... it was very interesting to see Scarlett's mother's reaction after hearing her story and the dream... nicely thought out work... you are keeping the reader active here... nicely described....
Note: dear frnd in the part where the young man dressed in an armour informs the Queen about the visitor, looks something missing.... you could add a little description of who the queen is or at least tell reader that where the story is going.... im sorry please don't mind... i may be wrong...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Savannah has a way of writing that really captivated me. Whenever I get started reading something, I usually don't get too involved or attached till about 3 or even 4 chapters in. I had read the first two paragraphs and I was hooked. Now after reading the first two chapters, I simply can't wait to read more. This certainly has a lot of potential and with Savannah's talent in it, I have no doubt that it will go far. She has a way with words that just makes everything flow, kind of of the same way that the words in my Spoken Words often flow. Overall, I loved it and can't wait to read more. The reason for my 80 out of 100 is simply because there is still a ways to go with this but what's there right now is amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 11, 2016


Author

Savannah Willis
Savannah Willis

TX



About
I love to write but I'm a fairly new author... One of my biggest dreams is to become a nation wide best seller! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..