6th Shot: The Unpredictable Fool

6th Shot: The Unpredictable Fool

A Chapter by Matty

6th Shot: The Unpredictable Fool

      “Get in” the two boys shove Vincent into the center cage with the boy, the girl, and the nymphs, most likely because it was the closest one to them. How lazy of them and fortunate for him.

            After being thrown into the cage the red headed girl gave Vincent a distrustful glare and the little boy eagerly studied him while the nymphs stared in awe.

            “You look so cool!” the boy says looking at Vincent while the red head places her hand on his shoulder and shaking her head to him.

            “What Penelope, he’s in this cage with us. If he were gonna hurt us he would have a mean aura.” the boy looks with a smile.

            “Thank you, and your name is?” Vincent asks extending his hands to the boy under the watchful eyes of Penelope.

            “I’m Daniel Crux from…” Daniel says before being cut off.

            “That’s enough Daniel, he’s a stranger.” Penelope quiets him looking fiercely at Vincent.

            “Quiet human!” the older nymph says in the defense of Vincent. “The Rain Bringer asked the boy a question, and he will answer.” the nymph answer showing her green hair with its silver streaks and the red horse shoe marks on her forehead and bottom jaw.

            “Who asked you?” Penelope rises to her feet over the nymph. I don’t care who he’s supposed to be!” Penelope shrieks ready to fight while shackled.

            “Is she always like that?” Vincent asks to Daniel as he begins to reach into his boot.

            “Not really, she’s really sweet when you get to know her.” Daniel returns. “What’s your name? What do those marks mean? Are you a cowboy, or a renegade, oh, or are you like a hero or something? Oh, and also why does she call you the Rain Bringer” the child shoots the questions like a repeater rifle.

            “Ha you are full of questions. My name is Vincent I’m a bounty hunter, the marks are a tribal thing” Vincent answers, leaning his leg to the side to reach the knife. “…and to answer the last question would ruin the suspense” Vincent says with a grand smile as he draws the knife from his boot.

            “Rain Bringer, have you come to free us? Has Neptuna heard our prayers?” tears escape from the nymph as she looks to Vincent with great hope, and the other nymph follows. “Will you take us from here?”

            “Yes master will you free us.” The second nymph asks revealing silver hair with green strips and lighter red v marks on her forehead and bottom jaw. Both of the nymphs share yellow eyes.

            “I’m not your master, but I will do what I can for you but I don’t recall being sent by Neptuna so if you’re thinking of making so monument of me or something please don’t, I’m just a simple bounty hunter, but while we’re talking what are your names?” Vincent says look to them both as they sit before him on their knees.

            The older nymph answered for them both saying: “I am Nox the first born and this is Nyx.”

            “Egotistical gunslingers don’t save people. They take women and children in as slaves or use them to get bounty money. How dare you lie to them like that?” Penelope looks to Vincent with disgust and dislike.

            “You sure are a difficult one.” Vincent laughs to Penelope. “I’m not here for slaves, I don’t need them, and as for bounty I’m only here for you and the boy’s bounty.”

            “See I told you Daniel, this self-serving b*****d only wants to make money from us.” Penelope looks with more dislike.

            As she begins a stare off with Vincent a man approaches the cage.

            “Wallis and Lorek want the girl.” The bald plump man says unlocking the cage and snatching at Penelope.

            “No! Let her go!” Daniel yells and begins to scream for her. “Penelope! Penelope come back! Don’t take her.” Daniel’s screams ring in Vincent’s ears as a since of dread showers over him. Vincent begins to feel a pull in his stomach as the boy goes berserk after Penelope is dragged off to the tent.

            “What are they going to do to her?” He asks Nox. Something is obviously not right in his being.

            “They will please themselves with her after addicting her to their syringe and once they are done they will sell her.” Daniel hearing these words begins to jerk and pull at his shackles and the metal digs into the skin of his neck. The boy begins to change before Vincent’s very eyes and the strange pull within Vincent grows stronger.

            “…My book!” Daniel screams as the cage shakes back and forth. “Give me my book!” the boy rants as his eyes change to yellow pupils and red sclera, until something crashes through the top of the cage and unbinds him as he zips out of the cage. Vincent quickly uses the knife to free himself and follows.

            Vincent’s mind, now in frenzy begins to hear the boy’s words as commands. “Find Penelope” he ordered. These words echoed, forcing Vincent to obey. He raced to Lorek’s tent and witnesses Penelope being struck to the ground. Without warning he receives an order not given by a boy, but from a darker being. “Kill them, save her and kill them” Vincent hears and attacks.

            Wallis draws a gun and fires, but Vincent skips between the bullets and grabs him by the throat. Lorek turns with a gun and fire at Vincent through Wallis with a shot gun.

            “What the hell!” Lorek says as the tent flies off into the abyss of the night sky and he comes face to face with the rage fueled Daniel.

            “Penelope!” Daniel screams looking at her body on the floor, her pants are undone but not removed, which means she fought them too hard for them to take her.

            As the boy approached the Lorek Zack and the other boy arrive and shoot at him, only for the shots to be taken by Vincent.

            “Why am I doing this?” Vincent questions with the bullet breaking into his skin and blood pouring from the wounds. “What the hell is going on with me? I can’t fight like this.” and then Shina’s message pricks Vincent’s mind like it always does. The boy is the fool the unpredictable card. He is a witch at such an age that there should never be a witch. His magic is clouding Vincent’s mind and causing him to be consumed.

            Vincent in this realization throws the knife into the nameless boys throat and charges the blonde in the khakis, completely ignoring the bullet wounds, and take the gun and shoots him in his feet, and unexpectedly Penelope rises from the ground and tackles Daniel calming him and knocking him out.

            Shina was write these two will change his course, but for better or worse.

            The nymphs rush to Vincent’s side as he tips over and they hold him dear. Their embrace is the last thing Vincent feels as he closes his eyes and passes into unconsciousness.



© 2011 Matty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on November 27, 2011
Last Updated on November 27, 2011


Author

Matty
Matty

Houston, TX



About
Writing is a passion that has always lit a flame of interest. I love reading and writing stories from different genres. Though, I'm not very big on leaving comments I usually do read other's writings... more..

Writing