9th Shot: On the Way

9th Shot: On the Way

A Chapter by Matty

9th Shot: On the Way

      Promptly after eating breakfast, Vincent and the girls left to see Shina in Minotaurus. Before beginning the trail to Shina’s home Vincent stopped at a clothing stall and bought the girls better clothes than that of his oversized T- shirts.

In the stall plenty of men stared in awe at the lusty sight of the half-dressed nymphs as they walked in the store with the shirts hanging loosely to their full yet slender figures, but they were quickly turned away at the sight of Vincent and the four automatic handguns along his legs.

            This time Vincent chose two black and ruby Desert Eagles, and two sapphire and chrome colored Magnums from the room in the hallway, and a tweed trench coat to replace the one that was stained from his blood. Vincent even tried the ever common cowboy hat look to which Nyx gave a rather flirty glance to him as he slipped it over his shaggy black hair.

            The girls went from aisle to aisle looking for a look that would suit them.

            While, Nyx was completely confident in her choices of a pair of blue jeans (because there were no white jeans in her size) and black chaps and black v necked shirt to mirror Vincent, but Nox would continually look to Vincent to see what he thought of the clothes. So much so that soon it had become a fashion show in the store.

            “What do you think of this one?” Nox asked as she stepped from behind the white painted wooden flap door of the dressing stall.

            Nox wore a pair of tall brown leather heeled boots with snake insignia along the trim, a pair of tight black jean shorts that hugged her shapely bottom with crucifixes on either back pocket, and black tank top and matching leather jacket.

            Vincent and Nyx stood in awe of Nox and her appeal, along with about all the men in the store. Even men who stood next to their own women had to stop and stare at her figure causing much jealousy.

            “Woo!” shouts men on either side if the stall. Whistles erupted from the room and even a few women had to look at a now blushing Nox, yet Vincent’s eyes remained a constant studying her from head to toe.

            “If you don’t like it I can pick something else” Nox says blushing and on the verge of embarrassment, awaiting Vincent’s judgment.

            “I love it but its missing one thing…” Vincent says holding a finger in the air and strutting to a rack of belts. Vincent returns with two gun holstered belts and cow girl hats for both girls and asks them to choose one of his guns.

            Nox chose a black and ruby Desert Eagle and was given an eagle enchanted clip that gives the bullet a longer range, while Nyx chose a sapphire and chrome finished Magnum to oppose her sister and a bull enchanted clip for more force, and with that the three left the clothing stall.

Nearly a half an hour later Vincent grimaced as he walked beside Shiva and the Auroran sisters rode her. This was not a grimace of disdain for having to walk, Vincent could easily do so, but this was of a dislike of another breed.

            Vincent has never liked admitting when he is wrong. He simply detests it with every fiber of his being, and yet he will have to hear a sermon from Shina about his disobeying her vision. The vision he had completely forgotten about while on the way to Neptuna, and not only this, but he is now bound to two nymph girls indefinitely and he has no bounty money to show for his adventure.

            “How much longer is it to your friend’s home? I’ve never met a real card reader before.” Nyx shouts on the back of Shiva as they strut on the empty prairie about two hours from Shina’s house on the hill.

            “Can’t all people in magic read the cards?” ignorantly asks Vincent as he continues a steady pace.

            “Of course not silly, magic gifts are as diverse as people, and card reading is a skill forbidden to nymphs. Our elders said that it would corrupt us and cast us from Neptuna’s grace forever.” Nyx makes the gestures with her hands as she spoke, like a profound story teller.

            “Oh, I’m sorry I had no idea.” Vincent says removing the cowboy hat from his head and hanging it low. “…but to answer your question we are about another half hour away.”

            “We only know Shina from your memories. Do you think she will like us?” asks Nyx.

            “Well if I know Shina she will absolutely love you two, she loves every being and creature that isn’t human.”

            The statement rose an instant look of be puzzlement in the girls. How could someone like an ogre or goblin over another species?

            “Um, why does she love everything but humans?” Nox asks Vincent, wondering if there was a redeemable answer.

            To think of it Nox and her sister both had a great deal of reasons to hate all other races. The things done to them in the camps and slave rings will haunt them to no end.

            “That’s not my story to tell, perhaps Shina will tell you herself.” Vincent says denying them the answer they so desired.

            “Neh!” Nyx pokes her tong out at Vincent. “You are no fun.” She says putting her finger to her eye and pulling the skin down, but the fun is soon paused by an ominous rustle in the fields.



© 2011 Matty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011


Author

Matty
Matty

Houston, TX



About
Writing is a passion that has always lit a flame of interest. I love reading and writing stories from different genres. Though, I'm not very big on leaving comments I usually do read other's writings... more..

Writing