Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shadow

 I fell onto my back and into dirt of the courtyard. I was momentarily disoriented and as I looked back at the hole I had made I could see the monk take off his orange robes. Instead of the traditional white robes that monks where underneath, the robes where black as night. I jumped to my feet in one move and readied myself for the next attack. The would-be monk lunged at me and missed me by centimeters as I sidestepped to dodge his attack. While also bringing the back of my palm to meet the back of his head. He stumbled forward and turned around to attack me again. Seeing his disorientation, I jumped forward and delivered punch after punch to his guts and ribs, with my last blow landing to his exposed neck. The man dropped his sword and fell to his knees as I walked behind him. I reached down and grabbed him, with one hand at the back of the neck and the other under his chin. I could feel his heart beat, as time seemed to slow, it was racing like a jack rabbit. In one deft move, I twisted his head until I heard the bones and spinal cord snap. I let go of him and he hit the dirt, making dust rise up around him.

I looked to Master Cheong and saw him frown with concern. I looked at all the other monks standing around and I saw all their astonished faces. Master Cheong motioned to all the other monks to retire to their rooms. As they turned and left he motioned to me, without saying a word, to follow him. I silently followed Master Cheong noting how light and quiet my footsteps were. We walked in to his private room and I noted how simple it was compared to my loft in New York. I also noted how extravagant it was compared to the simple rooms at the monastery. I saw many different, luxurious chinese swords, with sheaths made up of many different colors. I walked up to one in particular that was sitting in the middle of the room on pedestal. It was a beautiful chinese sword with a emerald green sheath. I pick it up and admire the beautiful emerald gem in pommel of the hilt.

“It’s yours. I made it for you while you were away. I just finished it this morning.”

“Wow!” I exclaim. “I’m honored. I thought you quit making swords?”

“I did. I made an exception for my best student.”

I grip the hilt and notice how well the hilt fits in my hand. I draw the sword and to my amazement I see the blade is an emerald green hue to match the sheath. I examine the blade itself and see it’s of superior design. I sheath my new sword and bow to Master Cheong.

“Thank you, Master Cheong. I’m sorry for the mess I made.”

“It’s OK. It was not your fault. Are you still leaving in the morning?”

“Yes, unfortunately. I should retire.”

“Yes, well good job today. I’ll see you in the morning.”

I turn and left making my way to my room. I couldn’t help but wonder why that mysterious monk was looking for the Ignotum Cogitatus Eo. I got to my room and cleaned up the mess. I then checked my bag and made sure everything was accounted for and went to sleep.



© 2013 Shadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013


Author

Shadow
Shadow

Nashville, TN



About
Just trying to see if my book is worth it. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Story by Shadow