Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Shadow

I turned on the computer and input the coordinates to a new black hole. I pressed enter and waited in anticipation as it powered. In blue arcs the tesla coils shot lightning down to the middle, activating the portal and making it bigger. In a bright flash it opened and all I saw was black. Upon closer inspection I also saw little white dots that sparkled. Space. I instantly turned it off, closing the portal to the empty and black void. Good thing the portal naturally blocks the elements of the other side of the portal. I plugged a new set and turned on the machine. When the portal opened, I saw the most amazingly beautiful, yet terrifying, sight. Before me was a magnificent valley. With what looked like trees, that had beautiful purple flowers on top. I also saw other assorted plant life, but before I could turn around and grab the RC, I saw a monstrous creature. It had a long neck and six eyes, with teeth like razor sharp knives and giant body, with a long barbed tail. It was like a apatosaurus, but a more dangerous one. I grabbed the RC and sent it through the portal. It wobbled a little while the ice melted and turned to steam. Then I sent it one a little tour. Sending it closer to some of the exotic flowers some resembled the ones we have here but more terrifying. One was a dionaea muscipula or Venus fly-trap, only much bigger and more gruesome. I then flew to the apatosaurus but kept my distance. It was scaly and of a brownish hue. I then saw it shift slightly and saw that one of the eyes had noticed the RC. I changed the altitude and it dropped a few feet, just as the tail flew over the RC. I then sped it toward the portal and as soon as it exited, I shut down the machine. I looked at the data the RC collected and saw that the air was breathable. With a health mixture of oxygen and nitrogen.

Maybe I’ll explore that one further, I thought to myself. I then a new set of coordinates and found a world unlike our own. It had buildings and everything. But with one difference. The building were in ruins. As if in a warzone. I turned on the RC and flew it into the portal and after the ice melted I turned on its various instruments and took a reading. Breathable, flashed on the screen in big green letters. Before I could do anything else I saw a figure in the distance. It was a woman.I couldn’t make out any features but I could tell she was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. I brought the RC back and powered it off. I grabbed my bag that had various more advanced instruments and food, and stuffed the RC inside along with my tablet PC. I then stood in front of the portal as I finished putting on the electronic wristwatch that housed a sort of radio that kept me linked to this world and a of course, a timer. I set it for 24 hours and as my heart thumped into my ears I stepped through the portal.

Cold. All I felt was cold. Unbearable cold. I saw stars shooting past me and almost as soon as it started, I was on the other side. I shivered as the ice melted off me. I stood and making sure my was still with me, I took off at a run around the corner of the building and ran in the direction of where I saw this amazing woman. I stopped where I last saw her and looked around. I could not find her. Then I heard some rubble fall from above me off of a ruined building. I watched as the rock fell to my feet and then I heard a sound behind me. Before I could turn around I the most excruciating blow to my head that knocked me over. And as I looked up at the cloudy sky I saw the silhouette of a the beautiful woman standing over me.

“B*****d REM soldier!” she said in disgust.

And as I fell unconscious one word that I did not plan on saying out loud escaped my lips.

“Beautiful.”

And then blackness.



© 2013 Shadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 15, 2013


Author

Shadow
Shadow

Nashville, TN



About
Just trying to see if my book is worth it. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Story by Shadow