Reputation [2]

Reputation [2]

A Chapter by Krys
"

A third person view on the Pack. Detectives hate unlawful help, it seems!

"

 

"Sir? May I have a moment with you?"
"What is it this time, Jenna?"
"It's the Pack. They hit again."
"Jenna, you need to stop obsessing with this whole Pack thing. I still think it's just a rumor."
"Lieutenant Cobens!" screamed Jenna. As a short, black, rather portly woman in her near 40s, her voice boomed and Joseph Cobens, a man of 62 with no more pigmented hair left of his half-bald head, leaned back in his office chair from the startling ringing in his ears. "Tons and tons of people are being found in near death positions! And each time we find someone like that, they leave a wolf print sticker on one of their heads! How can you THINK this is a rumor when there is obvious evidence of crime!!!!?"
"Jenna…"
"DON'T JENNA ME!"
"DETECTIVE JENNA MCCOHEN! HOLD YOUR TONGUE!"
"Yes sir."
Cobens leaned forward, his elbows planted on his mahogany desk piled with papers and file reports with his fingers massaging his forehead, asked quietly, "Where the people found innocent of any crime?"
Jenna bent her head down. "No, most were crime lords and big shot, wanted-list material."
He asked again, "Have they ever attacked anyone innocent of any crime?"
Jenna bent her head down lower. "No sir."
"Then why are you obsessed when they obviously are only helping?"
"BECAUSE THEY'RE CRIMINALS!!!!!!! THEY ATTACK PEOPLE BRUTALLY! THEY BREAK THE LAWS! THEY'RE MONSTERS!"
"I agree…"
"THEY DON'T DESERVE AN- you said what?"
Lieutenant Cobens looked up, seeming to be in thought of the whole matter. "I agree. Their tactics are unethical, but I cannot forget how much they've done for us. Crime is everywhere, and they are just making it a little easier for us to catch the ones that cause the most trouble. I cannot ignore that fact."
"But sir…"
"No buts, Jenna. For now, there's no true reason to get onto their case. Until they start disturbing the peace, we lay off. But, for own comfort, we'll warn them."
Jenna walked a pace closer to her boss, trying her best to persuade him. "Sir, Joe, you can't possibly think a warning is enough? Besides, we don't know how to contact them. We don't know who leads them."
"We'll find a way."


© 2009 Krys


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

As I rated chapter one, this chapter is even better. :-) I really like this part:

"I agree�"
"THEY DON'T DESERVE AN- you said what?"

It give a humorous twist to it, because Jenna is screaming at him when suddenly, you said what?
Honestly, this story has amazing potential so far.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2009
Last Updated on April 7, 2009


Author

Krys
Krys

St. Louis, MO



About
I'm a teenager who is half asian. Hence, the asianguardie username. The guardie means i'm in Colorguard, which is one of my passions, other than writing. I'm a girl. Just thought I'd throw that out th.. more..

Writing
The Pack is Born [1] The Pack is Born [1]

A Chapter by Krys


The Alpha [3] The Alpha [3]

A Chapter by Krys