The Betas [4]

The Betas [4]

A Chapter by Krys
"

a little inside look on the Pack. a personal favorite chapter of mine because it just sounds so awesome i wish it were real

"

 

"Stella, where've you been?!"
"Out."
Stella walked into a large warehouse in the deepest part of downtown St. Louis. She liked it here. It was dark, mysterious, and crime all about. In fact, it was even named the most dangerous city in the US. She walked calmly up to the man, where her small figure was even smaller when put next to his, Vince Vanser's. His build was impressive: large muscles everywhere, stern face, and at a height of 6'6". However, the man was nearly 60 years old, and had just started getting gray hairs. Stella was the complete opposite. Weighing only 115 lbs, she stood at 5'4" and looked like she had no muscles at all. Her burgundy hair that had blonde tips fell to her shoulder blades and was as straight as can be. The one thing that made people fear her was her expressionless face. She didn't like to show any emotions, because it would give people the idea that she was someone she wasn't. Of course, she knew people still judged her.
"Stella, we needed you here, and you were gone. None of us knew where you went, so we sent out search parties!"
"Well, I'm here now. So call everyone back. We got work to do."
At that instant, lights went up, and noise started cranking. A stereo was playing hard metal and over 20 computer screens were lit. Several plasma TVs were on connected to other computers, giving a huge screen view. One large screen had over 20 screenshots of security cameras placed in one area: The Scottrade Center. Each camera had a shot of the outside of the dome, looking out for a certain group of people. Each computer and screen had at least one person working on it and monitoring everything. This was the home base for the Pack of Wolves. Each person who was chosen to be a wolf had some ability that was needed. Whether it be being super strong like Vince, or super smart with the intelligence of Bill Gates, it was something Stella knew how to use to the Pack's advantage.
"Vince?"
"Yeah?"
"Where's your son?"
"What do you mean? He's –"
"Not here."
Stella stood in the middle of the large building scanning for the boy. Jake Vanser was pretty much a smaller version of Vince, only younger, more handsome and as cocky as hell itself. His build, however, was a present from his father. His attitude, from his mother. It was no wonder Vince left her and took Jake with him. But it was too late. The damage was done.
Suddenly, Stella was attacked by a ferocious grip. Jake violently shook her in his arms, but Stella was smart. This wasn't the first time she was attacked like that. When she got the chance, her feet hooked onto one of his legs, and then next time he swung her, she would pull his foot from the ground, causing him to fall. The surprise loosened his grip, which was just enough for her to get free. Stella grabbed the collar of his shirt with one hand and placed the other on a solid part of his abdomen which, quite honestly, was everywhere. Jake was already moving, so she used the existing momentum to lift him up slightly over her head while she knelt on the ground, and made him crash on the ground. She quickly got up before he even knew what happened, then placed her foot on his chest.
"Where the hell were you," she asked in a calm, but slightly tinted aggressive voice.
"I was busy, now get the hell off of me!"
Stella did, but not without pressing hard on his chest, making him grunt. "Don't think about attacking me again. Not unless you honestly think you can beat me."
As she walked off, Vince helped his son get back up. "What the hell is wrong with that b***h?!" Jake whispered violently at his father. "She's a girl, a wimpy girl that can kick my a*s! Is she on steroids or something?!"
Vince could only laugh. "Son, you have a lot to learn. She's smart, highly intelligent. Plus, you've pulled that trick on her so many times, she's made a list of maneuvers to counter it. She's good, even for the age of 17."
"But I'M 22. I should be able to flatten her like a pancake!"
"–Which is why she is smart enough to roll from under before she's crushed. Think about it: she knows your weaknesses and she uses them to her advantage."
"We'll see about that. And I still don’t think a teenage girl like her should be able to run a high ranking gang like this…"
Vince started pushing Jake forward. "1) We're vigilantes. 2) She has reasons for starting this, and she doesn't plan to do anything horrible with this. She knows what she's doing."
"Vince. Loser Son of Vince. It's time," Stella yelled. She got dressed up to look intimidating: black tube top with a purple leather jacket over it, black jeans with biker boots over the jeans. Around her waist was a belt of ammunition and on her two sides were two 9 mm. handguns. "Let's hunt."


© 2009 Krys


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yet again, a wonderful chapter. I love the interaction between Jake and Stella. 'Nuff said xD

- Steely

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2009
Last Updated on April 7, 2009


Author

Krys
Krys

St. Louis, MO



About
I'm a teenager who is half asian. Hence, the asianguardie username. The guardie means i'm in Colorguard, which is one of my passions, other than writing. I'm a girl. Just thought I'd throw that out th.. more..

Writing
The Pack is Born [1] The Pack is Born [1]

A Chapter by Krys


Reputation [2] Reputation [2]

A Chapter by Krys