First words

First words

A Chapter by Sharmina

Chapter 5, Will
First words

It took us absolutely ages to get there. Ali's family had hired about six or even seven cars because his family is pretty big. With all the cars going in one direction it causes a heck of a lot of traffic. All you could see was a trail of fancy cars with very loud bhangra music being blasted out. The groom himself looked calm and he was singing along, I was mushed up against five people at the back even though the seating limit was three. If you think my car was bad, the Range Rover behind had eight people in the back seats. It was safe to say I was suffocated between BO and cheap perfume. But it was not a day to complain, this day was a joyous occasion and the only reason Ali had convinced me to come is because of the girls. He says it's their opportunity to  outshine the bride and show the other girls who's boss. 
And they didn't disappoint.
They looked extravagant. Their dresses were bright and heavy, designed intricately with all these patterns, they wore a lot of jewellery and had their done nicely, and wore the highest of heels lengthening their legs. It was all a bit too much for me really, but even then I appreciated the view. The hall in which the wedding took place was massive and had been done up nicely, it smelt a mixture of spices and perfume combining to create a new scent of hot chillies.  
 We were seated fairly quickly as more and more people kept turning up, it was fascinating watching them. They came in the and the ladies were quite entertaining, they'd find the nearest woman and just start hugging and kissing her and say the same thing to their kids: "Well haven't you grown up, it'll be your turn soon!" The girls in turn found that disturbing and walked away with a sour look on their faces. 

It was while I was eating the food, that Priya walked in. I nearly choked on my plate of rice. She looked even better than I remembered. Her hair had been let loose in small ringlets, she wore gold bangles which moved rhythmically as she walked and had on a beautiful dress which showed her figure very nicely. She looked by far the best. That's when I saw Ali approach her and start talking to her like he knew her. I couldn't help but just stare at them. He knew her? The second she left, I jumped out my seat and ran towards him. 
"You know that girl?" I demanded. 
He gave me a weird look and informed me she was his cousin. 
"You have to introduce us. Now." 
"Why? Do you like her?" He asked. I knew it would be no point in trying to denying the truth since the tone of my voice had already revealed what I was thinking. I shrugged at him and he rolled his eyes but took me to her.
This was it. The moment I'd be able to see her properly and she'd see me. Would she remember me? Probably not. 
"Hey, Pri come here for a sec." He indicated towards her, she stopped talking to her friends and came over. 
"This is my friend Will. Will this is Priya." I knew at that point I should've said hi, or how you doing but I was speechless. I was so overcome with how beautiful she looked and the fact that I had been visualising this moment for ages and now that it was finally here, I had no clue what to say. 
"I have to go but it was nice meeting you Will." She said with uncertainty, I probably freaked her out. She left awkwardly leaving me still speechless. 


© 2013 Sharmina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 20, 2013
Last Updated on April 20, 2013


Author

Sharmina
Sharmina

United Kingdom



About
Your everyday teenager who is a total bookworm and loves to write stories, follow my twitter for humorous tweets:) more..

Writing
GOAL GOAL

A Story by Sharmina


Hierarchy Hierarchy

A Chapter by Sharmina