First date

First date

A Chapter by Sharmina

Chapter 7, Will
First Date

I messed up. That's the cold, hard truth. I made a complete and utter fool of myself in front of Priya, she looked like she really wanted to talk to me too. But I guess I scared her away when I stupidly kept on staring, enough to make her uncomfortable to the point where she walked away. I regretted it the second she left, I even tried to call after her but Ali jumped in saying that wouldn't be a good idea especially if anyone heard. I didn't see her afterwards in the wedding, everyone kept fussing over the bride who basically looked like she had put flour all over her face as an attempt to look a shade lighter, sorry but its the truth. Just before the ceremony ended, I couldn't tolerate anymore depressing faces I went outside for a ciggy, I normally don't smoke but desperate times call for desperate measures. I sneakily took an extra plate of pilau rice and chicken tandoori as smoking always made me feel hungry. A wave of people kept crashing into me and without knowing, I threw the food on Priya. 
 Mistake number 2. She was horrified, no wait she was disgusted. She took one look at me and slapped me across the face. I guess I had that coming, still I didn't take offence and offered to help her clean it out. 
"Why? So you can throw some hand wash on it too?" She replied fiercely. 
"I'm sorry, it was an accident let me make it up to you." She stalked off anyways and I followed her. She pulled a roll of tissue angrily and started rubbing the dress whilst shooting me daggers. 
"No, look you're supposed to dab not rub. It makes it worse." I suggested, she stopped rubbing and began to dab and the food came out more easily. I grinned happily hoping it would cool her anger down.
"Look, while we're here, I'm sorry about before, when I freaked you out. It's just, you're really beautiful." She gave a sarcastic laugh and carried on cleaning, not saying a word. I studied her carefully, the way her tanned caramel skin took on a lighter shade after it reached her elbow, the careful way she had tried to apply her nail varnish on but perhaps she had become careless or simply tired as it faulted half way. 
"You know technically, one could say this is our first date." It was an attempt to get her to start talking but she gave away nothing, when she looked satisfied with her attempt she stomped out the bathroom in an angry mood. 


© 2013 Sharmina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013


Author

Sharmina
Sharmina

United Kingdom



About
Your everyday teenager who is a total bookworm and loves to write stories, follow my twitter for humorous tweets:) more..

Writing
GOAL GOAL

A Story by Sharmina


Hierarchy Hierarchy

A Chapter by Sharmina