Dreams

Dreams

A Chapter by Sharmina

Chapter 6, Priya
Dreams

The wedding was fairly average. The other girls outshone me by far, they wore their best suits (wonder what'll happen on their wedding, it'll be too much!) and had the highest of heels with the biggest brand makeup. All for nada too, because not one guy looked at any of them. More on that later though. 
  I thought we'd be late because of the guests but we were actually fairly early, (obviously earlier than the bride, she takes years to come and just to cry too.) I went and did my rounds, all the aunties were present expecting their share of hi's and hello's, the usual stuff came up: "How's college?" "Why do you want to go university for? I didn't go and I'm doing wonderful with my life." Yeah, I totes see that. Loving your tache by the way, excellent job with the bleaching. 
Exactly why I have to go. Get out of the place and make myself, and sure I'm anything but that. It would be tough though, convincing my parents to let me go uni would be difficult but going out of town? Near impossible. But I have to do it, I don't want my life to revolving around the house and kitchen. It's not me. It won't be me. 

About an hour or so into the wedding I ran into Ali. We're second cousins so we're pretty much seeing each other all the time. I can't believe I just found out that he knew Will. I mean I've known Ali since childhood, (parents see him as a potential partner. HA. NO WAY. Amount of girls he's been with? Not a chance. He's basically my brother, that's gross.) Anyways, I was talking about the usual, sixth form and the latest drama in the family when I could feel someone's eyes on me. Desperate not to be obvious, I casually and hopefully subtly, drifted my eyes around the room. 
He was impossible to miss. 
Smart, impeccable and handsome as always. His eyes were boring into me, and by the look I knew he did see me that day and he did recognise me. More than anything I wanted to go over and talk to him but with everyone there the situation was asking for death basically. 
But Ali saved the day. He called me over and introduced us. I looked at him properly then. Tall, lean with defined cheekbones. Small eyes with thick lashes and a scar from where he'd shaved. His hands were in his pocket and he had a cool posture a sort of typical cool boy attitude about him. I was waiting for him to say something but all he kept doing was staring, at first I was cool but too much of it began to make me feel uncomfortable. What if he was looking at something on my face? The thought made me feel super insecure so I walked away instead my insides melting whilst going red at the same time. 

I couldn't get him out of my thoughts for ages. I tried bringing it up with Ali waiting for him to say something but the idiot wouldn't. I knew if I mentioned him, questions would arise and through no fault of his own everyone would know. I delete every text I get, my inbox always remains empty because my phone is always being checked. With or without my permission. 


© 2013 Sharmina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013


Author

Sharmina
Sharmina

United Kingdom



About
Your everyday teenager who is a total bookworm and loves to write stories, follow my twitter for humorous tweets:) more..

Writing
GOAL GOAL

A Story by Sharmina


Hierarchy Hierarchy

A Chapter by Sharmina