Chapter 8 Priya, Amends

Chapter 8 Priya, Amends

A Chapter by Sharmina

Chapter 8, Priya
Amends

I guess I forgot to mention the part where Will threw his food all over me, I was so mean to him. Totally wasted an opportunity to talk to him again. Gah! Why did I do that? Oh wait, because stupid Aunt Sukhjit decided it was an excellent time to show me a picture of her oh so handsome son with a moustache that could be mistaken for a caterpillar with a foot fetish. Yes she informed me very proudly that feet doesn't scare him off. Why? Why in God's name would you feel the need to tell me that? Horrified doesn't even cover what I was feeling, she embarrassed me so much! Kept saying that he would easily be able to ignore the fact that my nose is crooked and that I've basically got thunder thighs it was all I could do to not spit in her face and tear the photo out of her hand. I stomped out the way and vented my anger out to Will. He was just there at the wrong place and at the very wrong time. He was the perfect gentleman though, he trailed after me to the toilets and offered to help me; even though I gave him the silent treatment he stood by me and made sure I was ok. And I, like the fool I am didn't even thank him.
Enough was enough. I'm just gonna ask Ali for his number and apologise. Just apologise. No harm in that, nope in fact my parents would encourage me to do so. Okay lies, but whatevs I can't get that damn scene out my head. 

ALI. GIVE ME WILL'S NUMBER. 

R U SURE? 

DON'T WORRY. I JUST NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR SOMETHING. 

That did the trick, twelve minutes after Ali sent that message I plucked up the courage and sent my first text. I wasn't sure on how to phrase it, would he remember me as the angry girl who slapped him? Or worse... Ali's cousin? Whatever the case, I had to say something. 

HI WILL. IT'S ME PRIYA. FROM THE WEDDING, THE GIRL YOU THREW YOUR FOOD AT HAHA. HOPE ITS OK I'M TEXTING U. 

He replied instantly. I liked him even more.

HEY! YOU MEAN THE GIRL WHO SLAPPED ME? ;) WHATS UP?

Ok, so clearly he hadn't forgotten but the tone seemed light hearted and he completely put me at ease, the conversation went something like this: 

AW YOU REMEMBER. LISTEN, I JUST WANTED TO SAY SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED. YOU WERE THERE AT THE WRONG PLACE AND TIME, I FEEL AWFUL. 

DW, WHATS DONE IS DONE. I'M SORRY TOO, I RUINED YOUR DRESS. 

THAT WAS A PRETTY DRESS. 

 I think it was right about there when he first took my breath away:
 YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL. THAT DRESS JUST MADE YOU STAND OUT EVEN MORE.

 I didn't get to reply after because duty called, but I think it was safe to say that we had made amends and possibly had become friends. 


© 2013 Sharmina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013


Author

Sharmina
Sharmina

United Kingdom



About
Your everyday teenager who is a total bookworm and loves to write stories, follow my twitter for humorous tweets:) more..

Writing
GOAL GOAL

A Story by Sharmina


Hierarchy Hierarchy

A Chapter by Sharmina