Karma

Karma

A Chapter by Sylver Marcus

Marmee stuffed her hands into her mittens and pulled her wool hat over her wistful long white blonde hair. Her long arms went in mittens first through the arm holes and buttoned her coat. Due to the gloom that was constantly lingering over Marmee's small hometown of Thimbelton, in the constantly overcast state of Washington, the air in October was unnaturally chilly and Marmee felt cross.

 

"Marmee are you coming?" Marmee's best friend, Collin asked impatiently scuffing her Mary Janes on the sidewalk. "Oh Collie I’m coming I’m coming! And aren’t those Mary Janes brand new for school? It would be a shame if the toes are all scuffed before school even started" Marmee wasn’t in the mood for casual talk. She wanted to pick a fight which was generally why she was on the debate team.

 

"Really you must have a lot of luck to not get in trouble for scuffing the toes of all your shoes" Marmee continued to scold Collin for a bullish reason. "Marmee, will you quit acting like my mum! It’s driving me mad! Plus, I don’t believe in luck I believe in Karma" Marmee considered this a moment then turned her head to look at Collin’s childish face, and her white blond hair whipped her pale clear complexion. She quickly pulled it back and twisted it so it wouldn’t come loose then stuck it into the back of her cozy wool coat.

 

Collin had a sweet face with some of her baby fat still sat on her cheeks making her face seems chubby, and her body more stout. Especially when she wore her puffy navy winter jacket. Her plaid skirt was short because she got to show off her killer thighs, which Marmee obviously envied. The only thing killer that came to mind when Marmee thought of her own legs were killer whales. Collin made a face and snapped Marmee back to reality, and back to their conversation. “what’s the difference between Karma and luck?” Marmee kicked at a pile of leaves that had already fallen off the trees and watched them rustle in the wind, then walked on. “I don’t know but I there is. I just don’t know how to put it into words.” Collin looked straight ahead and let her mind wander. “what’s that supposed to mean? I wanted to know what the difference was! What kind of answer is that?” Marmee pressed on her attitude.

 

By the time the two had reached Willow Road, which was where they had to separate because of their different class neighborhoods (which anyone could obviously tell Marmee had the upper class), Collin had had enough of Marmee’s cross attitude. “Well I you’d wanted a better answer you should look it up” and Collin turned without as much as a goodbye to her friend as she skulked back to her house on Holly Avenue. “I think I will” called Marmee as she too turned her back on her best friend on her way to 908 Marshall Court.

The one true place she could call an old friend.

 



© 2008 Sylver Marcus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on August 2, 2008


Author

Sylver Marcus
Sylver Marcus

About
Hey peole I'm Sylver and i love reading, writing and weekends! i grew up in a small town with a strong and close community, with my younger brother, and my parents. I started reading a lot in firs.. more..

Writing