7 ~ Some Secrets You Can't Afford To Keep

7 ~ Some Secrets You Can't Afford To Keep

A Chapter by Felicity's Eve
"

It looks like it's Judgment Day at last, Star. Please check out Author's Note once you are done reading. :)

"

            It's time.


Everything is about to change. Judgment Day, what I have tagged the day I will tell him about my true self, the one I have kept hidden from him long enough, is finally here. Tonight on our nightly rounds I will tell him. I can only wish upon all of my stars that he will not reject me. I will be done for if he does.


On that night, almost three weeks ago, I revealed to him who he was. After he got over his initial shock, I prompted him to recount the stories his mother had told him. I listened and explained that everything is true; the demon slaying, the picture frame-like objects that can morph into any weapon imaginable, the Regalia, and the Elcoses. I emphasized the fact that Elcoses create the demons and control them, and how it is an Estius’s duty to protect Earth and its residents from them.


I explained the whole deal with Estiuses being able to play any instrument. Ethan had denied it quickly, proclaiming that he is a complete failure at the violin, so I promised to take him to a music store sometime to prove him wrong and that an Estius can play anything; guitar, bass, cello, drums, flute, you name it.


And what his mom told him about humans going through life without ever being aware of being an Estius and the day and night form thing and all that jazz, is entirely true.


It makes me wonder if Mrs. Cardwell was a human who knew that she was an Estius, but was deprived of the opportunity to actually be who she truly was for some unknown reason. There are people like that out there. It’s kind of sad, in my opinion. But at the same time, they may be the lucky ones. Sure, we have all of these cool, superhuman powers, but we are nowhere near perfect.


Take me for instance…


After Ethan finally accepted his real identity, we discussed his transformation and such. Since he is so powerful, he won’t need to transform all of the time, just the first few times as a safety precaution. I hardly ever do, although I have to say, in my transformation look, I’m pretty darn hot.


Possibly… I don’t know! But I have to flatter myself every once in a while.


I assured Ethan that his teal hair and green orbs would only be visible to Estiuses and Elcoses, and if a situation that calls for it arises, he will be able to reveal his Estius features to a human.


At first, Ethan seemed to be a little afraid of his heritage as an Estius. But by showing him some advantages it, he has come to accept and embrace his true character. 


For example, he is now extremely strong, fast, agile, and has become incredibly acrobatic. All Estiuses and Elcoses are born with these abilities, that we couple with the use of our weapons, and we perfect them as children. A few ways that I did that as a young girl were leaping from tree to tree or building to building, doing endless back-handsprings and cartwheels, and preforming balance tricks on every narrow surface I could find. And now that I am in a human city, I am very eager to begin exploring my new “agility course”.


A second perk would have to be the fact that we are saving lives. I think that is enough for any Estius to be proud of and have confidence in their selves.


When I sent Ethan my first of many mind messages to him during one of rides, he very nearly fell off of my back. I couldn’t help but laugh. We can only communicate in my day form when he is touching me, and scaring him in the middle of a grooming session with a sudden “Boo!” never gets old. It annoyed him at first, but now it’s just a little game we play.


I feel like we have become more connected this way. We are more than just horse and rider. We are partners now and I love him like a brother. I just hope that what I am will not change that.


At least he has stopped sweet-talking me. It wasn’t his fault but it was still creepy. What am I, a fluffy little kitten?


I could tell when he figured it out. He was sweet-talking Ruby before he suddenly fell into a brooding silence. That was when he glanced over at me and his face flushed a deep shade of red. I’ve kept quiet, but I sometimes laugh a little about it when I am alone. The poor kid had not the slightest clue that he was baby-talking an actual girl!


I pace my spacious stall while anticipating nightfall. Ethan should be coming soon for our “evening rides”. Also known as sneaking out to go demon slaying.


I’m telling him tonight. It’s Judgment Day at last and I can’t back out now.

***


“You did pretty good tonight. Hey, why are you transformed? I thought I told you that it wasn’t necessary anymore,” I say in puzzlement as we walk along the one of the several Copper Creek horse trails in the vast woods.


“It’s starting to grow on me, I guess,” my partner replies as he shrugs his shoulders and gives me a sideways glance.


“Yeah, well you look good. I suppose. I mean, it could be better…” I trail off casually.


“And what exactly do you mean by that?” my partner counters defensively.


“I was only kidding. You look great! Hey, are you too tired or something? I can give you an early re-charge night if you’d like,” I offer. Estiuses and Elcoses can go without sleep for seven days and six nights on one good night’s rest. We call this night our ‘re-charge night’. But if we do not get that re-charge night, we become sick and weakened.


“Hey, I may have been locked away in a human body, but I’m still just as much an Estius as you are! I’m perfectly fine so don’t worry about me,” Ethan states matter-of-factly. I wince internally. Just as much an Estius as I am, huh?


            That re-charge remark was only to prolong my time. I have to tell him. I have to tell him that I-


            “Come to think of it, I haven’t seen your transformation yet, Star. Come on, show me,” Ethan suggests suddenly.


“Okay!” I agree eagerly. Buying more time aren’t you, little coward? I scold myself silently.


Grabbing Athvor, I leap ahead a little ways before spinning around. I whisper my diamond-shaped weapon’s name, smiling in satisfaction when it begins to glow my signature purple. When the transformation is complete, I look down somewhat curiously. I haven’t felt the need to transform in a long while.


Many say that I look like I have wrought iron climbing up my forearms. The silver metal, twisted into intricate patterns, may not look like much, but it has served me quite well over the years. It also spirals across my chest and, reaching up, I feel a circlet made of the same metal resting on the crown of my head. Now that I recall, I believe that the circlet has a purple gem adorning it. It is a good thing that I was born with this outfit. I wonder how much I could get for this stuff if it were possible to sell it.


I sport tight black, knee-length leggings and the leather thigh sheaths are strapped to my legs, my cartridges and things in a pouch and my anti-demon pistol securely in place.


I wear what appears to be a shorter version of my white dress, excluding the two thin chains and ribbons that served as my sash. Now, the sash is thick and black and a small diamond-shaped cut in the fabric exposes a tiny portion of the skin of my stomach. And as a finishing touch, a purple ribbon is around my neck, a diamond-shaped charm adorning it. If a human were to be told that all of this is protective armor, they wouldn’t believe it for a second. What looks to be a costume is true battle attire. All of this is coated in a super thin, super clear armor that looks and feels like fabric called vorotin.


“Wow. Just…wow,” Ethan says, green eyes wide.


“Pretty awesome, huh kid?” I say smugly. Well at least someone appreciates it.


“Yeah. But why diamonds? And “kid”? I’m your age!” he replies, annoyance coloring his tone.


“Well, number one, why chains?” I inquire, gesturing to his transformation look. The thin chains are his main accessories and diamonds are mine. I don’t know why, but all of the Estius and Elcoses I have seen have some kind of shape or symbol to go with their signature colors, which correspond with their hair and eye color. Just as my transformation is black and white to match my hair with a bit of purple added due to my violet eyes and Regalia.


“And number two, did you know that an Estius-but-they-were-born-in-a-human-body- Shall we call them “former humans”? Okay, a former human’s destined Estius partner is always born a day earlier than them? So, if just by twenty-four hours, you are the kid here. Plus, to compensate for the fact that we do not live that long, an Estius is known to be pretty mature and we have to grow up fast. Did you know that we are able to get married as young as fifteen? Oh, that also means that we get excellent schooling so if you even think for one measly second that you can outsmart me, you had better think again!” I declare matter-of-factly.


 “So, what you’re saying is that you could do my history homework for me, but you are too mature to help me cheat,” Ethan says with a smile after a moment of stunned silence.           


“Don’t even think about it,” I reply. “And, just so you know, I will be around for a little longer than normal,” I say quietly. All right, here it comes.


“Really? Why would you live a little longer than normal?” Ethan asks curiously.


“Want to get rid of me or something? No, it’s just… I…I am…” I stutter. Please don’t hate me. Please don’t hate me!


“Star? Are you okay?” Ethan says worriedly.


“I’m half Elcos!” I burst out. Then I shut my eyes tight, hanging my head, and wait for judgment.


I’m begging you; don’t turn me away! I don’t have anywhere else to go.



© 2013 Felicity's Eve


Author's Note

Felicity's Eve
I know that you are probably thinking that this is all boring info. :/
But fear not because the next chapter is when all of the action and awesome-ness begins! ;)
Plus, a new character comes on the scene so look forward to that! :)
PS. So even though I've had this book planned out for a few years, it was a bit of a challenge to get Star's transformation look down on paper. Like I just couldn't express my thoughts very well. Feel free to imagine her transformation anyway you'd like, just keep in mind what I wrote may not be official. Unless you like it, then I'll keep it!
Good luck! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another nice chapter but it would have been nice to see that first explained half as told in real time instead of recap... Just preference . And she loves him as a brother huh :P
Well the transformations are fascinating.. Did you draw any pics of these forms? I'd love to see the vision in your head. And soooo wondering how Ethan will react... He hasn't met an Elcose yet so can't hate them as much as if he had a confrontation already, I'm thinking....
Love your writing as always Nora!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Another nice chapter but it would have been nice to see that first explained half as told in real time instead of recap... Just preference . And she loves him as a brother huh :P
Well the transformations are fascinating.. Did you draw any pics of these forms? I'd love to see the vision in your head. And soooo wondering how Ethan will react... He hasn't met an Elcose yet so can't hate them as much as if he had a confrontation already, I'm thinking....
Love your writing as always Nora!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No I have to admit this chapter sets the pace very nicely for whats to come.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
"At least he has stopped sweet-talking me. It wasn’t his fault but it was still creepy. What am I, a fluffy little kitten?"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLL
I got to quit laughing XDD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Lol ^^
it is niot boring information it is actually needed

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

ur welcome
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

:)
YAY! Star finally showed her real self! For starters, I don't think it was all boring info, more like things to fill in the gaps. Second, I still want to see Ethan in his transformed state. And Star. But mostly Ethan. XD

Love this chapter, and can't wait for the next one!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

Well, you said I could boo him. XD
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I know! it's still funny! XD
I'll try to post the next chapter asap and ch 13 of Casonia.. read more
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

I hope so! And I just finished readin it!
it's not boring at all...this is part of the story and gives understanding as to what's going on...your story needs this...well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :)
Awww!!! There are so many questions that I will find answer to in next chapters...
This is so cool... Keep writing!! ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh my God!! If its "really enjoy", then am desperate to read it!!!
I would like to see more pi.. read more
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

^^
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2013


Author

Felicity's Eve
Felicity's Eve

About
Note: I know that lately I haven't been posting a lot of writings that I feel comfortable sharing, but I'm trying to let more lighthearted subjects make poems and stories of themselves. It's just a ma.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..