1 rough

1 rough

A Chapter by SlightlyOdd

Experiment: X  Year: 4372  Time: 14:01:23

The Project is as stated in the following recording:

A thin nervous looking sweaty looking person sits in front where the Audio/Visual recorder is pointing. They adjusts it slightly.
     "This is D.X.12 reporting on the state of Project Gen Y.C.C ATRIX 7," D.X.12 looks around nervously then continues. 
     "We've lost subjects A.L beta, Alpha^^6 and 21L theta,"D.X 12 swallows nervously.
      "I suggest immediate Termination of experiment X as the large part of test group is reacting negatively," D.X.12's again dart around nervously as if something is about to jump out of the shadows.
      "The rest of the subjects are unconscious and in a comatose like state, Upon further examination all subject's  brain waves are operating at a wavelength above Alpha. Further symptoms are changing of eye color, acute head pain, dizziness, then the subjects drop into a comatose sleep, afterwards death. Again no subjects have woken up"
      Again D.X.12 looks around nervously and says
   "Something strange is going on here,"D.X.12 whispers "and it's bad, I can't tell what it is yet. But it's bad." D.X.12 looks up. the camera blurs, then fills with static. No further footage can be detected.  
        
Crap X.L 1 cursed silently in thought. The quickly snapped out orders.
       "Z.12, O., W.96 , I.R.81, T.S 5" X.L.1 barked vehemently and quickly. Those named lined quietly all wondering why X.L 1 was angry. Pointing at Z.12 "I want surveillance from sector 8 region 9 bypass all protocol and ask Sero for the pass codes tell him this" X.L.1 gestured for Z.12 to come closer then whispered into Z.12's ear. Then Z.12 wandered off hurried quickly the Short Esco or Computer wrap seeming to make Z.12 look smaller make and it look bigger. X.Z1 quickly moved on "O., Get a Control team ready make sure they are all experienced in travel and Experiment control and familliar with Bio suits The whole 16 escapades ,I.R81 I want you to organize supplies vehicles, Lumies, control, Bio suits, Neutralizers, tranquilizers, terminators, Recorders, Redbooks,..." he continued while I.R tracked everything the team would need with the training all Coordinators were given
       "... and all that might possibly be required, " Seeing that O, was about to retreat to it's appointed task he Gestured with impatience and irritation creeping into the metallic voice that belonged to X.L 1 "Wait"then X.L 1 said  "I.R18 you may go, T.S5 you will be mission control" now he said turning to the two people left.
       " Listen to me right now if something so much as smells funny I want it reported and recorded and by the Atom if either of you don't report something it's going to be your particles floating across the Atixxxce Only once before has a project sector bin  shut down like this and it wiped out half the percentage of life here so if you like your purpose do your job right take samples and analyze everything." X.L !'s voice was hard and cold they both new he would do exactly what he threatened should they disobey he was inter regional commander, People such as X.L 1 could carry out their threats.
           "X.L 1 if I am of clearance to know may i ask what the experiment taking place was?" Those three seemed oblivious at that moment to the ever-whirling organized chaos that was H.Q North Quart. Behind them a Z.2 dropped all of it's papers and was collecting them the Z.2 was only identifiable by  the identification jacket that they were all required to wear. No one moved to help Z.2 after all it was a sin to be late. This wasn't one of the official rules but you could be fired for it all the same. Better to let that person suffer then risk suffering along with them. x.l to a moment to feel bad for Z.2 after all X.L 1 was once that but the hardship had made X.L 1 stronger, but he couldn't help but wonder. the darkness itself is what brings the light but to journey through it also means you carry it.
        " If you can provide me a reasonable reason why I'll tell you." X.L 1 said twisting a strand of hair absently showing the inevitable nervous agitation rarely seen by any commander X.L 1 was nervous very nervous indeed. That was the only display of emotion any of them had ever seen their Commander display that much emotion it was setting them all on edge. It was shameful to show any sort of emotion to show emotion was to show weakness. It was setting them all on edge the commander that had led a group of brave soldiers through sixteen Artirick attacks straight set up a defense able area and held for six days until transport could arrive X.L 1 was a Legend among military commanders and more importantly he survived climbing the ranks up to Inter regional commander and kept it. All posts in the north quarter were undying loyal something rare in the Atixxxxce the had their loyalty though fear, awe and, something rarer trust they trusted X.L1 and that was hard to come by.
         " To prepare my team i need to be able to brief them on the situation, I won't go in blind and i won't have them go in blind either "


© 2012 SlightlyOdd


Author's Note

SlightlyOdd
I'm not sure where to go with this but the chapter doesn't "feel" finished yet. So give me some tips and let me know what gender you think the characters are because i purposely omitted that information from the story so far. let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is good keep going

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SlightlyOdd

11 Years Ago

thank you
A lot better and i can read it! (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SlightlyOdd

11 Years Ago

thanks
I like this, I was always a sci-fi fan.Needs , maybe, a bit of work but the idea is good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SlightlyOdd

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading and giving feedback if you could help me refine this when i am finished i woul.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012


Author

SlightlyOdd
SlightlyOdd

Mysteries Mysteries oh what fun



About
Here's the thing why not guess Give it your best: Cats are a no but the symbol a yes Green is good by my color is gold I am a mule but when facts are told I relinquish my throne with crusts of .. more..

Writing
wind wind

A Poem by SlightlyOdd