Chapter Five pt. five

Chapter Five pt. five

A Chapter by SM Davis

Joan stepped off of the elevator onto Maggie's floor, and she stopped to pause in front of the window overlooking the outdoor atrium.  An excellent actress, she was practiced in putting on faces that weren't really hers.  She had no idea what she was going to say but what she did know was that no one would or could ever know the silent hell she was living in.  She had to protect Maggie now, and if absorbing hatred from those she loved was the price, it was a small one to pay.  She stepped away from the window, took a deep breath and walked down the hall, hoping she was strong enough to see this through.

When she approached the nurse's station, she decided to stop to inquire on her daughter's progress.

"Excuse me."

The woman sitting at the desk was on the phone and held her hand up acknowledging Joan's presence, then held up her index finger indicating she would be with her in a moment.  

"Yes, Doctor.  It's my understanding that she is resting peacefully."  She paused, Joan assumed, listening to what the doctor had to say.

"There is a note in the chart that you authorized one hundred milligrams of Phenobarbital, and it was administered orally at ten o'clock last night.  There are no notations regarding sleep disturbance in the chart, after the medication was administered."

"Yes, doctor.  I will inquire and have a full report for you when you arrive."

She hung up the phone and looked up at Joan.

“Can I help you?”

Joan cleared her throat and answered as matter-of-factly as she could.

“Yes.  My name is Joan Vorelli, and I am Maggie Sampson’s mother.  I’d like to speak to someone who can tell me the necessary procedures to check my daughter out of the hospital."



© 2008 SM Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG ...

I'm sorry ...

Her mother is really pissing me off. She's so much like my mother. How can someone be so cold to their own daughter that they're supposed to love?

Is this part finished, or did I get it halfway through again? Sorry if I did. Please give me more!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2008
Last Updated on June 2, 2008


Author

SM Davis
SM Davis

One step from the depths of Hell, AZ



About
I write. I sing. I dance. Often. more..

Writing
Ever Ever

A Poem by SM Davis


Panic Panic

A Story by SM Davis