If I were

If I were

A Poem by Soren

If I were a sheep, for my wool would I weep?

If I were an ox, would they put me in a box?

If I were a bee, would they steal my honey?

If I were a hen, would they take my children?

If I were a fish, would I be put on a dish?

If I were a fruit tree, would they take my progeny?

If I were a goat, would they slit my throat?

If I were a grain, would they cut off my head again?

If I were a rat, would they send a cat?

If I were a dog, would they me flog?

If I were an insect, would they me dissect?

If I were a deer, would they put a bullet in my ear?

If I were a man, I would think that I can

© 2023 Soren


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The short answer to all those queries is a definite yes. That is alo the answer to this piece of serious whimsy as a poem.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you Ken for the review and comment it is appreciated.
I love the truth of your references and this unique style. And the poor dog!! More loved by man than the others, yet suffers at the hand by man as well. This was fun and poignant all at once. Good poetry Soren!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for your review and most kind comments
This World will steal everything from you, if you let it, and not only that, if you complain, it will tell you to your face that it was in the right.

If you are a lamb, then you will be a lamb led to the slaughter. That's what I've seen.

It is because of your last line, that I am giving you the highest score.



Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your review and comment
light and ashes

1 Year Ago

You are welcome. Thank you for writing something so insightful and brilliant.
light and ashes

1 Year Ago

:) ...........
What at first appears to be a fun poem takes on a much deeper meaning. Yes, a man is capable of doing all those things, some of them destructive, others not so. Some of these I find dark. The killing of animals in an inhumane way I find upsetting but shearing a sheep for its wool would actually help the sheep in the long run. Thank you Soren, I enjoyed the visit.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Thank you Chris for your read and for giving it so much deep thought. You are right there is a posit.. read more
Yes, you probably can but why would you want to? This my friend is something from the dark side of thought. But a clever and creative project, so something I enjoy seeing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Soren

1 Year Ago

Yes Will for there to be light there must be dark. Just a passing thought while I was working on so.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2023
Last Updated on May 11, 2023

Author

Soren
Soren

Writing
It's a mystery It's a mystery

A Poem by Soren


Seeds Seeds

A Poem by Soren