Remove Pits

Remove Pits

A Chapter by spreadtheawesome
"

divasdude94 delivers.

"

 

            ‘Good morning and welcome to Domestic Diva. I’m your host, Julia Matthews, and today, we’re going to stumble through a little something I call Spanish Panini with Manchego and jámon Serrano. I know that sounds confusing,’ she smiled indulgently into the camera, ‘but it’s basically just Spanish grilled cheese. It’s delicious.’
            She moved with a kind of effervescent grace. Jake stuffed his hands in his pockets and desperately tried to convince himself that he only noticed because it was his job. He’d hired her personally, after all, and if he wasn’t attracted to her, he couldn’t expect anyone else to be.
            She was good at her job. He was watching because he was her boss. The paperwork waiting on his desk could do just that.
            ‘Mr. Slater?’
            ‘Yes?’ he glanced at one of the many interns that worked on Flipside’s staff.
            ‘You told us to alert you if divasdude94 sent any more mail.’ The alertness came into his eyes, his posture. He nodded, waiting for the intern to speak. ‘He sent this.’
            They were a novelty item; teddy bears fashioned to mimic the wax statues that adorned wedding cakes. They were linked, married, and psychologically, that in itself was troubling.
            The bride had been decapitated, and its imagined blood was all too real, scarlet on the yellowed dress the bride wore.
            Jake swore under his breath. ‘Did you let security know?’ The intern nodded. ‘He’s escalating. We need to have him profiled. Start leaking the story.’
            The intern nodded, turned and left.
            And under the lights, Julia smiled and sliced cheese.
 
 
           
            She was beautiful. She didn’t look much like mother, but she cooked like her. He hadn’t tasted any of her food. It wasn’t time yet.
            He had every episode of her show on DVD. She was so beautiful, so good. She wore dresses, he thought with satisfaction, because she knew pants were for men. Cooking was for women. Women stayed in the kitchen.
            She stayed in the kitchen.
            His hand fisted around the ball, the stuffing oozing out on one side. He looked down at the red splotches on his clothes. He should change. Getting the blood had been a nasty affair. He hadn’t imagined the rat would put up such a fight.
            She wouldn’t fight, he thought, running a hand over a forehead that was drenched in mad sweat. She would understand.
 


© 2009 spreadtheawesome


Author's Note

spreadtheawesome
It's a lot of dialogue, I know. Read, review. Danke.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG SCARY PYSCO MAN WITH WEIRD WEDDING BEARS AND STALKER MODE!!!! AHHH IS SHE GOING TO BE OK????!?!?!?!?!? NEXT CHAPTER NO TIME FOR LONG COMMENTS.........................

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2009


Author

spreadtheawesome
spreadtheawesome

Canada



About
I�m a writer and I�m a musician. I don�t need to get published in order to be a serious writer. I don�t need to sell out concerts in order to be a r.. more..

Writing