Slice.

Slice.

A Chapter by spreadtheawesome
"

I think it's obvious that this book was going to have a little psychopathy in it, from divasdude94. I'm not looking forward to incorporating that. I'm not used to writing violent psychopaths. So, this chapter doesn't have any yet. But the next one should.

"

 

 
            Carla leaned forward on her sofa and stared intently at Julia as she recounted the story. ‘Oh my god, I knew he was perfect for you. When is he proposing, I mean, wow.’
            ‘It was pretty romantic.’
            ‘Yeah, I can tell from the fact that right now you’re about ninety percent goo.’ Julia smiled, running a hand down the length of her hair. ‘So what exactly are you two?’
            ‘Friends,’ Julia decided after a moment. ‘With definite benefits.’
            ‘You’re lovers,’ Carla replied. ‘You’re living in the same house, and from the glow emanating from your every pore, you’re getting some on a daily basis.’
            ‘Don’t make it sound like more than it is.’
            ‘Don’t make it sound like less than it is. Jacob Slater was your first, and you’re living together. You might want to watch your step.’
            ‘Watch my step?’
            ‘Or you might slip and fall in love with him. You’re already close,’ she decided, flicking a glance over her friend. ‘I’d have to see him with you to know whether your feelings are reciprocated.’
            ‘Carla, Jake and I are – we’re very strongly attracted to one another. There’s nothing beyond that.’
            ‘You and I both know that it doesn’t work that way for you. You’re a hopeless romantic.’
            Julia shook her head. ‘Not this time. We both know that it’s nothing but a fling.’
            Carla eyed her friend wearily, turning her laptop on. ‘You keep telling yourself that.’
 
 
 
            ‘He’s escalating.’
            Jake folded his hands in front of him and struggled to control his anger. Divasdude94 had sent letter this time, a long rambling letter full of anger. The police had dusted it for finger prints but couldn’t find any.
            So all they were left with was the knowledge that divasdude94 was a lot angrier and therefore a lot more dangerous, and no ideas on how to fight back.
            ‘Yes, I think we all know that.’
            ‘I called Armour Security and had them up the security on your house.’
‘Yes, her former doorman recommends them. They had a very close relationship.
 ‘You have a gun.’
            Jake nodded. He hated the fact that he needed to bring a weapon into his home, but it was necessary.
            He would do everything necessary.
            ‘Tell the cops to turn up the amount of patrol cars around the property. Jules – Julia is high profile. It’ll be bad for everyone involved if anything happens to her.’
            The intern nodded, turned to leave.
            Jake stared down at the letter, stood silently and went to find her.
 


© 2009 spreadtheawesome


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yayayayaya!!!! im so excited more chapters!!! lots of them you have made me a happy woman but im a very worried about this stalker dont leave me in suspense :S im sooo glad they have gotten together now tho :D great chapters still love the book jules x

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 3, 2009


Author

spreadtheawesome
spreadtheawesome

Canada



About
I�m a writer and I�m a musician. I don�t need to get published in order to be a serious writer. I don�t need to sell out concerts in order to be a r.. more..

Writing