Heat.

Heat.

A Chapter by spreadtheawesome
"

Jules & Jake have a love scene

"

 

‘Think of me’.
            He had thought of her all day long. Through meetings and seemingly endless piles of paperwork – it was a wonder that he hadn’t signed her name on everything.
            Actually, he would have to double check everything tomorrow. But tonight was hers. Theirs, he thought, not acknowledging the romance of it.
            He would go along with whatever she wanted to do tonight and enjoy it with the knowledge that months ago, he wouldn’t have been able to go anywhere with her.
            With Julia.
            He unlocked the door and followed the only light that was on. ‘Julia?’
            ‘I’m in here. Sit down.’ He did so, loosening his tie so his collar was open at his throat. His hands paused aloft as he moved to undo his watch.
            ‘Dear god.’
            Her lips curved in the lamplight as his eyes ran over her. Carla’s description had been apt, not that he had heard it.
            The lace skimmed over the lush curve of her breasts, the narrow plane of her hips. One hand was balanced on her waist, the other on the door jamb, and her hair tumbled in dark, tempting curls down her back.
            She watched him silently, and then pushed her hair backwards with one hand. ‘Welcome home.’
            ‘Sweet lord, Julia,’ all the blood had rushed from his head. ‘You don’t – you don’t look real.’
            She laughed. ‘Thanks?’
            ‘No, yeah. You’re welcome.’ He stood, pulling his jacket off. ‘I don’t think you understand how long I’ve been dreaming about this, fantasizing.’
            ‘I do. I have been, too. You apologized.’
            His clouded mind struggled to focus. ‘What?’
            ‘When you kissed me, you said that you were sorry. I wasn’t sure that you –‘
            ‘That I wanted you?’ he watched her, incredulous. ‘You’re crazy. I’ve been going crazy, lying in my bedroom knowing that you were a few steps away, that if I just got up and reached for you, you might let me have you.’
            ‘In the way that I’ve never let anyone have me before,’ she murmured, and watched his eyes focus and darken.
            ‘You’re a virgin?’ He wondered why that should make him even harder than it was.
            She pressed her lips against his cheek. ‘I want it to be you. There have been other guys that I’ve liked, and gotten along with. But I haven’t wanted before. I haven’t needed.’
            ‘You will never know how much that means to me.’ He lifted her hands and pressed his lips into her palms, saw her eyes cloud as he trailed his lips up to her neck and linger there.
            ‘I’m supposed to be seducing you.’
            ‘You already have,’ he replied. ‘Without trying.’ She felt him move her towards the bed, lower her to it. ‘I’ve wanted you, Julia. I want you so much.’
            She moaned against his mouth, and he responded in kind as her hands found the skin beneath his button down. ‘You’re built like a linebacker.’
            ‘Not quite,’ he responded, his grin flashing. He cupped her breast, heard her breath sigh out. ‘Is this what was in the Victoria’s Secret bag?’
            Experimentally, she licked at his ear. ‘Amongst other things.’
            ‘I wondered.’            
            She pushed the shirt off of his shoulders. ‘God, you’re beautiful.’
            ‘That’s my line.’ They lapsed into silence as he began to take her higher and higher, to a peak she had never reached before, and higher yet.
            Their bodies joined and seemed to transcend time and space, and her heart threatened to burst from her chest.
            Finally, finally, she screamed his name as both their worlds were shattered and left fragments beautiful and complete.
 
 
            It felt so right to wake up with her snuggled into his shoulder, the scent of her apple shampoo wafting up to his nose.
            He shifted off the bed, and couldn’t stop the grin when she reached for him, frowning in her sleep. He couldn’t stop the fall, whenever it had happened.
            He turned the coffee maker on, and put a couple of pieces of bread into the toaster. He stood with his coffee, staring out the window.
            When had he fallen? It wasn’t last night. It had been the first time he saw her. He could no longer claim that it was only crazy animal lust. That was there, for sure – they had proven that three times the previous night – but, at least for him, there was so much more there.
            He didn’t want her to go home. He didn’t want her to go to anyone else’s home. He wasn’t satisfied with being her first. He wanted to be her last, her only.
            ‘Enough coffee for two?’
            ‘If not, you can share mine. You’re already sharing my shirt.’
            She glanced down at her makeshift outfit and grinned up at him. ‘Very fashionable, don’t you think?’ She swung her hips as she walked towards him.
            ‘Very fetching,’ he smiled as she took the coffee from him and took a sip.
            ‘It’s so bitter.’ She raised herself to her toes and pressed her lips against his. ‘There, that’s better.’ He smiled against her lips. ‘I’ve never had a morning-after before, so it doesn’t really make sense for me to say this is the best one I’ve ever had.’
            ‘Well, it’s the best one I’ve ever had.’
            Her heart clenched, expanded. She grinned up at him. ‘You know, I never asked to borrow this shirt.’
            ‘That was rude of you, Julia. You know, I think I want it back.’ He started to undo the buttons. ‘Looks like we’re going to be late for work. Somehow, I don't think the boss will mind.'
 
 
 
            His hands clenched around the juice box he was holding and the apple juice rushed out, onto his fingers.
            He cursed, three times, and then slapped himself three times. Good boys don’t swear, and he had to be a good boy for mother.
            That man didn’t look like a good boy. He looked like the kind who had made fun of him in high school, called him a “freak” and a “weirdo”, and a “mama’s boy”.
            She was smiling and hugging him, in all the magazines and on the way into their office building. She had said that they were moving in together because it was safe. She had lied. She didn’t understand. She didn’t understand. She had forgotten. He would remind her. Soon.


© 2009 spreadtheawesome


Author's Note

spreadtheawesome
Read, review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yay!!!! i hadnt realised you had updated this but this is so great! they finally did it wow!! it was so tasteful to the best way for a love scene to be. but then you throw in the creepy guy at the end.... dundundun!!! ooo exciting! love it jules x
ps. please try and remember to send me a read request when u update so i dont miss so much lol

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 3, 2009


Author

spreadtheawesome
spreadtheawesome

Canada



About
I�m a writer and I�m a musician. I don�t need to get published in order to be a serious writer. I don�t need to sell out concerts in order to be a r.. more..

Writing