Chapter Eight: General

Chapter Eight: General

A Chapter by Taig Ferrier
"

Tom finds out what happened to Will.

"

I woke up in the morning, alone in my bed. I groggily got dressed and walked into the small kitchen. There, Alex sat at the table. Well, rather she was sitting on the table, which annoyed me. In a tired and obviously impatient voice I told her, "Get your a*s on the chair, and your feet off the table." I yawned and scratched my head as she laughed at me.

"Okay, Mr. morning person." Alex snickered, doing as I said and sitting in a chair. She continued to read the newspaper comics. Izzy was at the stove, preparing breakfast. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her on the cheek.

"How you feeling, Izzy?" I asked.

"I'm fine, Tom." She turned and smiled at me. "Stop worrying."

I did nothing but return her smile. "Y'know, I could've made breakfast...."

Izzy laughed. "Yeah, but I wanted to. It gives me a sense of normality at least."

"What ever you say, Hun." I kissed her again. Alex jeered at us.

"You two are gonna make me sick." Alex complained.

"Are you using this, Izzy?" I asked, picking up a toothpick.

"Nope, why?" She asked, confused.

I flung it at Alex point-first. She caught it and shouted, "Thank you!" as she put it in her mouth and chewed on the end of it. I shook my head and laughed silently. I picked up the newspaper. Alex had highlighted an article for me. It read as follows:

NEW LEADER FOR THE WORLD!

The Equinox now has a new general!

This man has been loyal to the equinox since his birth. He had been genetically altered specifically to be a weapon for the Equinox to use. He has been a spy, gathering information for many raids and covert operations that were executed and caused many decisive victories over his enemies.

This new General promises to bring a specific kind of dedication; a special kind of work ethic; and a new perspective to the Equinox Army. He has already made major improvements to the techniques and strategies employed by the various soldiers and assassins under the Equinox command.

Everyone pay attention to the name of this man:

General-

I dropped the paper. No, I didn't drop it; I chucked the damn thing out the window. I read ahead, I knew the name that was about to appear on the paper:

William Jacobson.

Will.

That damn traitorous b*****d! He was the one who had my family killed! He must've been the one who called the assassins on us! He sent the hit for Izzy! He caused all of this!

Fury filled my eyes, as Alex stared at my face.

"Now, Tom..." She started, but I cut her off.

"That b*****d...." I was shaking. "I'll kill him..." I slammed my fist on the table. "I'll kill him!" Madness and anger filled my voice. Alex ran around to my side of the table and hugged me. Izzy did the same. It took both of them to forcefully put me back into my chair, and it was a while before I calmed down. I sat with my arms in my lap, staring at my food.

"Tom... Eat, please?" Izzy pleaded at me. I snapped out of it.

"Uh...yeah..." I picked up my fork and started eating my food. It wasn't long until I had finished, and washed everything. Izzy wanted to clean up, but I insisted that I would. It helped me calm down. Once everything was finished, Alex spoke.

"So....What's the plan?" She asked.

"We find a house." I replied. Since my house - my memories - were all burned down in that fire, we now needed shelter; and I knew just where to find it.



© 2014 Taig Ferrier


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014


Author

Taig Ferrier
Taig Ferrier

Canyon Country, CA



About
I've been writing poems and drawing ever since I can remember, and started writing songs when I was around 8 years old. I've grown and developed my artistic skills a lot since then. Around 13, I bega.. more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Taig Ferrier