Nonsense Poetry

Nonsense Poetry

A Poem by thatweirdkid13

Ice without cream.
Buttons and no seam.
A board without a skater.
Being famous with no haters.
Like a sky that's not blue.
A mystery with no clue.
A gangster with no crew.
A witch with no brew.
Something old and nothing new.
A poet who can't rhyme.
A clock with no time.
A song with no soul.
A circle that's not whole.
A model that's not skinny.
And the Fairly Odd Parents with no Timmy.

© 2012 thatweirdkid13


Author's Note

thatweirdkid13
Just doing a little exercise. I know it doesn't make any sense, it's not suppose to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is pretty simply but it's really cool. The five lined verse feels slightly iffy when you read it since all the other verses you've written are only two lines. But anyway, it was still good. I loved the last rhyme, that was clever. Maybe on the line when it mentioned a poet who can't rhyme you could have made the next line not rhyme as to prove a poet. Lovely work and keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thatweirdkid13

11 Years Ago

thank you! I never thought of doing that.
KKBatoretto

11 Years Ago

No problem!



Reviews

nonsense is just fine, I'm at all the time, just find some words that rhyme, and stick them in a line, IT'S FUN

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it! Very imaginative!

Posted 11 Years Ago


thatweirdkid13

11 Years Ago

glad you like it :)
Seems kinda simple at first, but all those images create an interesting and rather unique piece. Cool poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thatweirdkid13

11 Years Ago

thanks!
Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)
For a 'little exercise', this is very good! Short and sweet.
Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

HI, i really like this poem. rhymes so well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it. The words, though very simple, invoke much thought. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


thatweirdkid13

11 Years Ago

thanks
This is insanely awesome. And I can make sense of it. I have practice making sense of my thoughts. Just so you know, this might get a little... psychological... Your word choice very much reflects who you are and I am insane so I have time for this...

Ice without cream... Something cold, lonely. With it's rich and cheerful friend cream, however, it is wonderful. But all alone, ice is just ice... perhaps you feel that you need an accompaniment along with you, or you'll just be... well... ice.

Buttons, and no seam. Well, you need something to cling to, but there is nothing there... No seam to sew yourself to... Quite like ice without cream, nothing to fall back on.

A board without a skater is a bit contradictory, suggesting that you would be the support, while the others suggest that you need a support.

Being famous with no haters... Ah, fame. To be known. And if you are known, there will be someone who dislikes you. There has to be. So, this line suggests that undamaged happiness is out of reach for you.

A sky that's not blue. So something that is, but isn't. Suggesting that things lately are confusing. You expect it to be clear and blue, but it's not.

So a mystery with no clue, eh? Well, suggesting that you feel there is nothing to guide you... Nothing at all...

A gangster with no crew. So no buddies to help them, no one to fall back on. Again with this concept of loneliness. Despair.

A witch without her brew? Inhumane... A witch needs her brew... So you've lost what you need... Or never had it to begin with...

Something old. Nothing new. All your old problems, old fears, insecurities, enemies, all coming back to haunt you.

A poet without their rhyme is like a clock that can't tell time. Quite. Excellent comparison, and this stanza very much speaks for itself.

Now this next one suggests the feeling that you have lost something that makes you whole inside. Something that makes you happy. What might that be?

And this last stanza... All wrong. Both those things are, well, wrong. In a way. So things are going wrong, are they? How incredibly interesting...

Sorry, I probably dug too deep... But I wonder if this poem is not the nonsense you believe it to be? Perhaps it is something you should pay attention to... Then again, I am just the crazy maniac kid with too much time on their hands... So maybe... You know, I'm just gonna stop talking. Sorry, for starting in the first place.

Sincerely, Nobody

PS: This is how Nobody does reviews... muahahahaha...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is pretty simply but it's really cool. The five lined verse feels slightly iffy when you read it since all the other verses you've written are only two lines. But anyway, it was still good. I loved the last rhyme, that was clever. Maybe on the line when it mentioned a poet who can't rhyme you could have made the next line not rhyme as to prove a poet. Lovely work and keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thatweirdkid13

11 Years Ago

thank you! I never thought of doing that.
KKBatoretto

11 Years Ago

No problem!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012

Author

thatweirdkid13
thatweirdkid13

BayCity, TX



About
Ummm...I've always loved reading and writing. My favorite genre is horror,but I'm trying my best to focus on other genres. This would be a great opportunity to practice my writing. I'm not the best,bu.. more..

Writing
chp.1 chp.1

A Chapter by thatweirdkid13



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fire Fire

A Poem by Andie