Chapter 3 - What Was Not Written

Chapter 3 - What Was Not Written

A Chapter by Prateek Kumar Tripathi

Finally! Here I am", I talked to myself.

"So this is the place my brother talked about, guess I'll just surprise him. Now where is that paper stall...ah, there it is!"

It seems the stall was only crowded in the early morning as I can clearly see there's lots of cartons but not a single paper left...

'Guess I'll pass' and with that I crossed the stall & located my brother's address. "So this is where he stays...(sighs) he should just come to the family business and be rich...instead, here he is with all that hard work talks".

I couldn't find any keys lying anywhere unlike my brother who's used to doing that. So I just waited for him to come back. It was afternoon and I was waiting just beside the entrance of this so-called Maurlsberry Valley. I can't understand why my brother lives here...but I can't deny the fact that this village is very peaceful and quiet unlike the city from where I'm coming.

"Can I do something for you, young man?", asked a man in his 50s with a walking stick.

"Oh! No thank you very much but I'm fine by myself"

"I haven't seen you around here... Are you new?", asked the man with a curious face.

"Uh... Yes. I'm new. I mean I'm just here for a while..." I was about to stop here but that old man was expecting more, so...

"Actually I'm waiting for my brother. He lives in this village. I don't know where he is ... So I'm just waiting." With that I stopped and turned my head sideways.

"What's your Name?", the old man asked with a determined look.

" It's Paul...Paul Palmer."

"Then surely 'thats' not a problem. I should probably go back." With that, he was leaving ...

"A prob...problem? Hey, Old man! What do you mean? What problem? Hey! ", I shouted to no avail, he was already gone. I wouldn't have shouted if just a man would pop out of nowhere and say some stupid thing. I shouted because It was well past midnight! and my brother didn't return. Yes... I've been waiting for a day now.

'Should I just call my office or should I go search for him ?'. I remember in the letters my brother said that there's not a single police station anywhere in this whole state. So even if I wanted to report I had no idea how long it would take for the police to come.

"Now there's probably something I can do for you young man." he was grinning.

"Old man?", he came back to me?

"So your brother didn't came back. How odd. You should go look for him. You have a fine build and god! You're tall."

"Yeah...I guess. I should probably go. Are you coming with me?"

"Nah... my farm is located just beside that factory so I'll just go there", he shook his hand.

"OK... then let's at least walk together until we reach your farm", 'simple, right?'

"No!" he shouted, "I mean... there's no need, just go your way and I'll follow close behind. Surely I can't keep up with youths..."

'He's really weird' but what does that matter.

"Fine! Do what you like." And I started on my way. It was late, dark and kinda scary but I was going nevertheless.

'Just where is my twin brother.'

"kwak kwek!", that old man was coughing from time to time and whenever I tried talking with him, he would turn away. I can't figure what's this guy's problem. 'Why wouldn't he walk with me?' It's scary having someone walk behind you with heavy steps and weird noises. It was sending chills to my spines! If only my brother didn't work beside this man's farm, I would just be going alone to this whatever-called factory. Why did I even bother to tell a complete stranger where my brother works...works? I never said anything about a factory...

"Hey... Wait a minute...", I turned to question him but he was already gone. Nowhere to be seen, it was like a horror movie.

"Whoa!", I shouted as I was witnessing chills in my body and my hairs straightening.

'Slap' I slapped my chicks hard and continued on my way trying to forget the little spooky-show earlier. If there's one choice-for-life I've made today, it is to stay away from old mans!

"Excuse me!" Someone shouted from behind. I turned and it was a guy in bicycles doing deliveries. It seemed he lost balance so he called out to me and I grabbed his cycle.

"You Okay pal?"

"Ha... Well, it was...", he saw my face and spooked "Ah! Mr Jayce! How...How can you? Oh! You're not Mr. Jayce.", his face lightened.

"Huh? You know my brother? Where is he? Where is this factory where my brother works?", I was pushing it to him. I was desperate and now I knew for sure, Something was definitely not right.

"You...Your brother?...No...No, it's been a mistake on my part. I said Mr. Cage, not Jayce."

"I never said Jayce so how came you're repeating my brother's name and confirming my suspicions?" I was glaring and fuming, but then he said...

"Oh! Your brother... Yes! I've heard his name. He works in that factory there...", pointing to a faraway location.

"Ah! I see", I had no idea what else to say so I just went my way leaving him behind and I could see he was flustered and nervous.

"It's been a while... but I can still take down a dozen at a time", I flexed my muscles, getting ready for whatever's to come. And if anything, it's my brother someone's messing with.

"So this the factory" I stared at this long place and went towards the main gate. There was a guy eating donut so I asked him....

"I've come looking for Jayce Palmer. Where is he?", at that he grew frightened.

"Hey!", I shouted.

"I don't know. Ask Mr. Blake, he's our head...", he replied panickly

"Where is this Blake!", I grabbed his collar.

"Inside!...", he was shaking so I left him and entered the factory.

The factory was huge with long dark alleys and huge vehicles. Only a few people could be seen and all on their own works. Some tried to glance at me but immediately looked away when they saw my face. 'Something weird has happened or maybe happening right now!' With that I entered the place called the old factory and was about to enter the yard. I didn't saw anyone to whom I can ask for directions so I had no idea of where I was supposed to go. This place was locked on a metal gated so I approached it.

The moment I reached...

"Who goes there?", a man with a dark chin approached from the opposite side of the gate. He had an angry look and by his posture I could tell that he was hiding something behind with his left hand on his back!

"Its...", I revealed my face!...

"Palmer. Jayce Palmer."

--- to be continued



© 2022 Prateek Kumar Tripathi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

72 Views
Added on April 6, 2022
Last Updated on April 6, 2022


Author

Prateek Kumar Tripathi
Prateek Kumar Tripathi

Howrah, Belur, India



About
Prateek is a College student studying and has passion for writing. He is a new writer who has written some poems and is currently writing a novel. He aims to become a famous writer in the near future... more..

Writing