Chapter 5 - To believe. To not

Chapter 5 - To believe. To not

A Chapter by Prateek Kumar Tripathi

“Spread Out! He must be near...”, with that the now made search squad spread everywhere.

I was not far, maybe a few trucks away. Not that I was terrified but...

“We must find him at once!”, this got me on my toes.

As I was getting up a beam of light approached me outta nowhere. I slept back down hurriedly... ‘Uh! My back!’

‘Frrrs’ the bushes moved just as the torch passed.

“What the..?”, the guard was startled. He pointed his flashlight at the bushes and came closer...

‘Huhg’ I held my breath. I could see his eyes, he came that close...

“Hey!”, someone shouted, “What’s the matter with you! Quit wastin’ time”

“Yes...”, the man in front of me replied obediently and followed the other guy.

‘Ok’ let’s move little by little, slowly, maybe I can avoid them and probably will but I had this one question which seemed extremely important at the moment...
“Where to?”

Should I go back to the main gate, exit this factory, maybe search for someone with authority here, maybe get help from that old man or even the spooked guy... or maybe I can use this chance to sneak into the old place... ‘Why?’, simple... ‘Blake’s in there’.

Seemed a dozen guys excluding the ones who are out of my sight completely... I like these odds!

Waited...drew my breath...’Gasp. Now...’, jumped out the bushes and leaned to the next wall. So I had to enter this yard and exit it without getting spotted which is now full of people. So it was all about timing, the guy at front passed... I crouched to the next wall. Two guys next, so I licked some rocks from the ground. ‘One there’ aimed at the trash can. This diverted their attention, pointing their flashlight near the trash can, slowly moving towards it. Taking advantage I sneaked passed them, moving from alleys to alleys, bushes to bushes, leaned against a truck to catch my breath...

“Just where...”, I heard someone...

‘S**t’, a bunch of guys appeared out if nowhere. I lied down, rolled under this truck to avoid their lights.
Waiting for them to pass, I stood still, taking this moment to glance at my surroundings and also my clothes (ignoring the cuts I got in the bushes).

On second look, the guys were gone. Still contemplating of what I was going through at the moment. The next time I came across a guy, I was almost caught but I managed by falling down into the bushes, again and again. These bushes were everywhere and so really helpful... to me.

At the end of this yard, a bunch of guys appeared in front of me, facing the other way but right in front of me! Unknowingly I started walking backwards... taking one step back at a time while staring at them...

‘1...2...thud’, my back touched ‘Something’... hoping it to be a wall or a tree (anything but the back of a guy), slowly turned my head and that ‘Something’ did the same!

For the first few seconds, we just stared at each other...

“He’s her...”, cut short by me with a slap! My hand moved unknowingly at that moment and after that slap , he looked dizzy with a couple weird steps, he fell down on his face. My slap knocked him out!

Loud was the noise when he fell, so loud the guys in front of me turned back and saw me... and saw their fallen ‘comrade’.

With all my might, I started running...

“He’s here! Everyone!”, they all started closing in on me.
It was all so sudden I couldn’t tool a peek, perhaps check my surroundings?...’No’

“There!”, a guy pointed at me, I ran opposite with the bushes no longer the option for they ran across them. All this was really terrifying. If I told someone of this... being chased by some factory workers in the middle of the night...would they believe it night? I don’t know... but I know for sure this ain’t the right time to pry on such things...

After a couple minutes I got to a dead end. But it didn’t seemed that way. This dea end or perhaps this wall looked odd, covered with steal plates and leafs, and old, like a century old, fun rusted. ‘Perhaps it’s not a wall but a gate?’

On closer look, a name was engraved on it...”The J...Manor?”, I couldn’t spell the rest, it was super rusty.

The shouts got closer... I started pushing... this gate!

‘1...2...3...push!”, again, “1...2...3...push”, repeatedly!

“Is he trying to enter? He couldn’t possibly be...”, I could hear them...

“1...2...3...pushhh!”

With a loud bang, the gate opened! Just when I could see the guards behind me... but far. They were calling out to me, not trying to hear them ,without a seconds thought, I entered...

On a single glimpse, I remembered this place...

“It’s the factory...the old one”.

I’ve now entered the place I wasn’t supposed to... staring at the building now right in front of me, nothing mattered except...

“Blake’s in there!”


--- to be continued


© 2022 Prateek Kumar Tripathi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on July 31, 2022
Last Updated on July 31, 2022


Author

Prateek Kumar Tripathi
Prateek Kumar Tripathi

Howrah, Belur, India



About
Prateek is a College student studying and has passion for writing. He is a new writer who has written some poems and is currently writing a novel. He aims to become a famous writer in the near future... more..

Writing