Chapter 1: New York Blood

Chapter 1: New York Blood

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

When Rose has to go hunting, faeries have to, she meets three mysterious girls, all with supernatural abilities. But what do they want with her?

"

       I looked out  the plane window, ignoring the glares and scoffs from everyone around me. The muttered to themselves and gossiped to whoever was next to them. The worst thing was, they pointed. To my wings. One of them was in the seats across the aisle to me. I growled at them and snapped "It's rude to point y'know!" But that brought even more gossip up. 'They shouldn't be allowed in our places.' and 'The filth that are allowed to walk the streets these days.' I wanted to snap their heads off. My cousin who was ten years older than me just rubbed my hair and said soothing words, like I was two. At least my parents weren't here. They would be instantly defensive. They were very sensitive to the whole my-daughter-is-a-faerie-thing. I got it from my mom, but her wings were, er, removed from her when she married my dad. By removed I mean they cut them off. The faerie council did. Ouch.

      The plane was headed for New York City. One of the few cities in the world that allowed faeries. I was going to live there with my cousin Penelope until I was eighteen and old enough to move into one of the faerie realms. I'm going to attend a academy there for faeries. No humans allowed. Not like we don't want them there. It's just, think of segregation of blacks and whites. Well, now they're seperating Humans from Faeries. It made me so full of anger sometimes.

      The plane landed two hours later. Walking off I got even more frowns and whispered insults from more people. At least the taxi driver to the apartment was silent. I guess he wanted a bigger tip. I gave him one. I raced up to the guest room, which was now going to be my room for the next four years. The blank white walls and plain bed oddly soothed me. It meant that nobody else was here. No scoffs, no glares, no pointing. Just me.


    -One Week Later-

   "Penelope! I'm going for a walk!" I yelled to her. I heard her yell of approval, and headed outside. I was thirsty. Did I mention that faeries have to drink blood to survive? So I have to go hunting. I walked the streets of New York, looking for a poor soul. I usually picked pick pocketers and bums. It's not like I kill when I drink their blood. I try very hard not to drink all of it. Nobody looked at my wings. Well, at least they were polite enough not to full on stare at them.

    I spotted a man steal a wallet from a lady's pocket. Bingo. I sliently followed him. When he got near an allyway, I pushed him into it and bit his neck. He was instantly unconcious, and I drank the sweet red blood that was dripping down his throat. After I was fully satisfied, I dropped the body and started to walk back. Until a police officer appreared out of nowhere with a gun.

    "Stop you sick twisted monster," he said harshly. "This is loaded with iron bullets." I froze. Iron is the only thing that can kill a faerie. I slowly put my hands up.

    "Look, sir. I only did what was necessary." I said. "No harm done. He's still alive." I saw the officer's face turn into pure disgust.

    "You things make me sick." he said. He pulled the safety off and aimed it at me. His finger twitched on the trigger. Suddenly, made a gross choking sound and fell foward, dead. Behind him was a girl about my age holding a few ninja stars in her hands. I stared at her. She had her hair pulled into two pony tails and dyed bright purple. She wore a mask on her eyes, and her lips were pure black. She had knee high converse on, with a black pantsuit that was tight on her body. Her belt had all sorts of assorted weapons attached to it. On her sholders was a sort of superhero cape. On her head she wore a top hat. Her lips were pulled into a smirk.

    "Did you do that?" I asked dumbly. She nodded. "But how?" I asked. "Ninja stars aren't deadly." She laughed.

    "They are when the tips are lined with poison." she said. Then she whistled, kind of like a bird call. "Thorn! Midnight! Come here!" she yelled. Suddenly, two more girls appeared. One was obviously goth, a black knee length dress, black nails, black make up. The other was tall and had long black flowing hair. Her eye color were pure black, which freaked me out. The girl with the top hat stuck her hand out.

    "I'm Top Hat Girl. But you can call me Melody. " she said, introducing herself. I shook it.

    "YOUR the famous Top Hat Girl?! The only superheroine who isn't totally lame and doesn't have a male partner?" I asked in awe.

    "The one and only." she said, and did a huge mocking bow. The gothic one shook my hand.

    "I'm Thorn. I'm a witch." she said, and demonstrated by holding a sphere of fire in her palms. The tall one introduced herself.

    "I'm Midnight." she said shyly. "I'm a shapeshifter. I can shift into a raven." Before my eyes, her body transformed into a raven body, beaks and everything, that shifted back. I was confused.

    "Why the introductions?" I asked. Top Hat Girl, or Melody, as she perffered, chuckled.

    "What's your name?" she asked me.

    "Rose." I answered.

    "Are you a vampire?" Thorn piped up. I growled.

    "No, I'm a faerie. We drank blood way before vampires did." I said. I hated vampires. They ripped us off.

    "Of course she's not a vampire!" Melody exclaimed. "But you are supernatural, right?" she asked. I nodded. "Then follow me." she said, then led me into a black portal.



© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Review please! I am actually going to publish this, and I need criticism. More to come!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Her wings sound very beautiful. ^^
And Thorn! You have a character called Thorn!
*dances*

Anyway, criticism...
I think you need more detail. I mean, the description of Melody was brilliant, but you probably needed to better describe, for example, the taxi ride.
Plus, you need to start a new line when you begin dialogue. At the beginning of this chapter, you forgot to do that.


Posted 14 Years Ago


No wonder the humans hate the faeries so much, they have to drink their blood. Not quite the angle I would take but very creative and unique in its own way. Sape-shifters and witch and portals! All my favorite things! But whats this about faeries drinking blood before vampires, what a weird thought.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl