Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 4: Ritual Flames

Chapter 4: Ritual Flames

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Rose begins the fire ritual, which will officially make her one of Moonlight Murder.

"
      I stared at the dancing flames, and wondered if they were going to kill me. I shook the thought away, because the notion was pure silliness. Still....my train of rather confusing thoughts was interrupted by Thorn clearing her throat.
       "Rose whatever-your-last-name-is, are you ready to join the inner circle of Moonlight Murder?" she asked.
       "Yes." I said, forcing back laughter.
       "You now hold all of the problems that this circle holds, and we hold all of yours. If you are to break the sacred bond, the result will be fatal." she said, now eerily serious. I nodded, feeling a little uneasy in my stomach. "Give me your hand." she said softly. I obeyed, and she studied my palm. Then she took a match to the candle, and brought the flame to my open palm. It scorched it immediately. I yelped and drew it back instantly.
        "Ow!" I yelled. "What was that for?!" I asked. Midnight put her hand over my mouth.
        "Shhh!" she hissed. "Do you want any late night humans to come over and investigate? That was part of the fire ritual, burning your hand burns off any mistrust you have about us. Understand?" she said slowly, as if I was incompetent. I nodded once, still unable to speak with her hand on my mouth. She released me, and I inhaled deeply.
          "You are now part of Moonlight Murder." Thorn whispered.

     



© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Sorry about the shortness of the chapter. >.< Another late night story! Its the only time I get work done. Review!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More detail would have been good.
But please don't hurt me! I know it was late, and I probably couldn't have done better, so who am I to judge?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl