Chapter 6: Symbol

Chapter 6: Symbol

A Chapter by TopHatGirl

    Nobody said anything about the seizures. It made my head spin, my body twitch, my stomach swirl. Midnight and Thorn just watched patiently, while I wanted to scream and yell to help me. But if any noise escaped my lips, we would be discovered. The twitching hell finally stopped, and I ran to a bush to puke my guts out. I went back over to Midnight and Thorn.
   "Thanks for warning me!" I said sarcastically. Thorn smirked.
   "If we had told you, then it would've worked properly." she explained.
   "Look at your right forearm." Midnight demands. I glance down at it, and I see a small insignia. It is a crescent moon, with a blade through it. On the hilt was a tiny
MM.
   "It's permanent, scarred there forever. It's the Moonlight Murder symbol." Thorn said, and she reveals a insignia of her own.
    "It is time to leave, the moon is disappearing." Midnight whispered, and I looked up at the sky. A pink hue was forming on the horizon. We had been here that long? I have to get home.
    "I must get home, but when will we meet again?" I asked. Thorn and Midnight walk toward the trees. Midnight speaks, not turning her head.
    "When the moon rises again, new one, when it rises again."


  XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

   My alarm clock buzzed incessantly, only an hour after I got home. My head felt woozy and heavy, and my hand slammed on the off button. Thank goddess school doesn't start for another month. I stumbled over to my closet, and pulled a dress with wing slits in it over my head. It was a casual dress, covered with paint splatters from the time I thought I was going to be an artist. I pulled my dirt crusted hair into a loose ponytail, picking out a few twigs.
  "Rose! You have a letter!" My aunt called from the kitchen. I walked down the stairs and she presented me with a small envelope. It was sealed with a strange symbol I didn't recognize, it wasn't Moonlight Murder's. I raced up to my room, thanking my aunt, and tore open the letter.



      Rose

  I have been waiting for someone like you to join Moonlight Murder. And it has happened. Lie to your friends, and meet me at the docks when the moon rises.

         A trusted ally,
               Darkmoon

 P.S. Come alone.



© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
woot! Two book updates in one day! Review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm really enjoying this story. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"If we had told you, then it would've worked properly."
***
Was it supposed to say wouldn't have, or would've?
I was a little confused by that.

And...you know...slight grammar issues, blah blah...

But I enjoyed this chapter overall. ^^
I like the sound of this new character, Darkmoon. And the way you described the seizures seemed pretty good.

Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl