Chapter 3: Under The Bridge, To Your Doom

Chapter 3: Under The Bridge, To Your Doom

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Rose discovers a strange note on her bed, and follows it's instructions.

"
         I landed in my room, with a thud. Everything looked the same, plain walls, plain bed, plain everything.It once gave me comfort, now it made me sick to my stomach. I hated order. Everything about it screamed BORING. I got out of the room quickly and went to the fridge. That's when I remembered. Going out, drinking blood, the cop...oh god. The cop! S**t. A human is dead. Because of me. He was murdered! It all flashed back to me, Melody, her ninja stars, the portal, moonlight murder... I gulped. F**k. Was that real? I went back into my room. There was a small note, lying on my bed. On it was neat handwriting. I read it aloud:
          
                                      It was real. Meet us at midnight tonight,
  under the west bridge. You know
                                     the one. See you there.
           -Thorn
  
           As soon as I said the name, the paper burst into back flames, then dissapeered. Witches. I went downstairs, and saw Penelope cooking something that smelled good. I liked Penelope, she was always there for me, acting as the mother. But sometimes I couldn't stand her. Like when she treats me like I'm five and has to have someone to hold hands with every step of the way. I guess she's sensitive about the faerie thing too. She is my cousin from my father's side, so she doesn't have the gene. But she is against the whole prejudice thing. I love her for that. I truely do. After she was done cooking, we sat down at the small wooden table, saying nothing. We both liked silence, that was another thing that we had in common.
           After I was excused to my room, I went straight to my computer. I pulled up Google and typed in 'top hat girl'. Popped up was millions of websites and pictures, all including the girl I met today. So she wasn't lying. Then I typed in 'witches' and got a bunch of crap about Halloween. But I did find a few sites about the religion Wicca. But that wasn't much help. I didn't even want to see what 'shape-shifter' had to offer, so I just logged off and collapsed on my bed.
             I stared at my ceiling, just thinking. Thinking about what I would do here, and how the academy would be. New York was okay, except for jerk cops and weird girl groups. I turned over onto my side, and looked at my clock. It's neon blue lights read: 11:47PM. I jumped up out of bed. The note! I have to be at the bridge by midnight! I threw on a small casual black dress and laced up my sneakers. I jumped out the back window, which was about five stories high. It's not like I would die, I have wings. I walked/ran over to the West Park. There was a river there, and a small stone bridge that went over it. The West Bridge.
              I walked underneath it, and was immediatly greeted by Midnight, who casually shook my hand.
              "Hello, Rose. You are right on time." she said, her voice sounding like bells ringing. Thorn appeared behind her, grinning from ear to ear.
              "Hey Rose! Didja get my note? Suprised when you finished reading it, weren't you? Fire is my specialty." Thorn said eagerly. Midnight covered Thorn's mouth with her hand.
              "Hi Midnight, hey Thorn. Where's Melody?" I asked. Shouldn't their leader be with them? Midnight smacked her lips uncomfortably.
              "She's out on an errand. Apparently the mafia is at it again." she said, sarcasm oozing from her voice. I looked at her, confused.
              "Um, you sound like you don't believe that." I said, pointing out the obvious. Thorn gave me a well duh! look. Midnight smiled softly.
              "Let's just say her work has been kinda suspicious lately." she said. "But anyways, we're not here to talk about her. We are here to talk about you." she pulled me twords a circle of entwining trees, in the middle a small circle. Thorn entered it, and placed candles around the edge. She montioned for me to sit down with her, and I obeyed, seriously creeped out. Thorn waved her hands, and the candles instantly became aflame. She whispered softly.
                "Let it begin."


                       


© 2009 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Shit. It's past midnight, so if you bitch about incorrect spelling, I will rip out your soul and feed it to the crows. HA! Review!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Um...you're probably sick of me by now. ^^

I liked this. You mixed tenses a bit, but like you said it WAS past midnight.
I'm interested about the ritual thingy they're doing. And what Melody's actually been up to.
Good job. Keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2009
Last Updated on December 24, 2009


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl