Chapter four-New assignment

Chapter four-New assignment

A Chapter by ryanhope
"

What is in store for him after his horrible mission.

"
Chapter four- New assignment

I left the chambers, I was speechless I had no words for how I felt.  I walked slowly down the corridors to my room the ship was no longer in a panic and things were clam. I entered my room and turned the lights on.
      “Welcome back Second Lieutenant, congratulations on your promotion” The speaker above said aloud I looked up and said nothing. I went to the bed and laid down, not even undressing, and fell asleep. While sleeping I had horrible dreams like always I always pictured screaming faces and people dying, but this time it was different I saw Jack standing back in the office he looked at me crying.
              “What have you done, why did YOU KILL ME?” He screamed. I awoke in a cold sweat my heart racing I heard the Com overhead come on “Lieutenant Alex there is a message for you from Captain Ryan, he wishes to speak with you in his office”.
        I got up and changed into my more comfortable clothes. I opened the front door and cozied down the corridors trying to be slow as possible, I’ve always hated Captain Ryan, stuck up prick. He’s the kind of solider who thinks he’s better simply because he holds a higher rank. I approached his office and knocked “Come in” I heard from in-side the room. I opened the door; he was sitting in his chair facing the other way,
            “Hello Captain Ryan you wish to speak with me?” I said hoping this would go over quickly. He turned around towards me.
       “Yes I wanted to speak to you about your next assignment, oh I also heard of your promotion Second Lieutenant well done” He smiled but I can tell he hated the decision.  “The information obtained from the book you collected has given up some Intel on Moton locations and their plans of attack” He said whiling looking down at some papers “From what we have learned we are going to send you to a newly colonized planet name Ortion 6 in the Tronsion system, there is a human settlement there but it is small and the planet itself is mostly uninhabited”.
              He babbled on some more “The book mentions an old Moton outpost beneath the surface about 50 miles outside of the settlement, as you know we don’t have much information on the Motons and we need to get whatever we can from there” he then got up and walked over to his filing cabinet.
                 I decided to speak up “Sir will I be going alone, if I might ask I do wish to go solo on this one” I asked him, He just kind of diddled around with his papers.
              “No you will be accompanied by Special Agent Alice; she will join you and collect information as well”.
  I looked shocked “A women Sir?” I asked.
            He laughed “Yes a women but she will already be on the planet when you get there” He went on “ She will met you at a Living complex named The Shack, you are set to leave in about an hour, and you are excused” He said and waved me away.
       I turned around and walked out of the room I just sighed and walked down to my room. I truly didn’t want another partner I get a new one at least once every mission, and I felt bad about Jack. I returned to my room and gathered a few things for the trip the, voice com wishing me good luck. I then proceeded to the hanger bay and loaded onto a dome. I stepped inside and sat down, again it was just computer operated, “Estimated arrival four days, activating suspended animation”. I then drifted off slowly.
                       I awoke to a large shaking and a voice “Entering Planets atmosphere”. The shaking got more violent then suddenly stopped “Preparing to land in loading dock” it said overhead and I could feel a large shutter and the Dome shutting down. I released my harness and looked outside.
       I appeared to be inside of a small city enclosed by a large metal covering. I opened up the loading door and stepped outside there to be four guards awaiting me.
             “Hello” I heard the one in front say he sounded to have a harsh Russian accent. I waved.
    “Hello I am Second Lieutenant Alex Mason I am here sent from UNSF” A few of the men behind him laughed.
“Don’t mind them my friend, they are just not fans of the UNSF” He said and walked up to me “Come let me show you around” He said waving his hand over.
          “No I must find my friend” I said “I am on an important mission, I’m sorry” he frowned and just nodded his head.
    “Alright then but if you ever need anything just ask for me, Victor” We shook hands and he walked off with his friends.
                         I walked around a bit hoping to find this place “The Shack” but to no avail. The whole town seemed to be one large slum with people sitting around wearing raggedy clothes.  After about ten minutes I finally found the place.  I walked through the front door and approached the desk, there was only one man sitting there.
         “Hello I am here to meet with my friend Alice, she was supposed to tell you I am coming” He looked at me then turned around to a large bored with keys on it.
       He picked one off it and handed it to me “Room 39, top floor” He said, with the same harsh Russian voice. I walked towards the elevator and noticed it has out of service on the front. I sighed and looked for the stairs, which was to my right.
               I finally got up the stairs to the top floor and open the door to the hallway. The numbers on the doors went in order starting with 30 so naturally it was at the end. I got to the door and knocked “Come in” I heard women say and I opened the door.



© 2011 ryanhope


Author's Note

ryanhope
Tell me everything you see wrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 5, 2011
Tags: space, monster, aliens, war, death, life, science, fiction, choices, guns, awesome, amazing, new, book


Author

ryanhope
ryanhope

Yukon , OK



About
I am a new writer with no experience, I hope people like what I write more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ryanhope