Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Unit Spotlight: Hellstrike Combat Infantry Droids

Unit Spotlight: Hellstrike Combat Infantry Droids

A Chapter by Maksim T. Siggurd
"

Spotlight of the Hellstrike Droid which is prominently featured in Republika: The Fierside Massacre

"
Hellstrike Combat Infantry Droid
Strength: 40,000 (4 divisions of 10,000)
Current Status: Deployed - various systems
Current Mission: 1st Division attached to 7th Vanguard, operating in J’kar System. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Divisions on standby.

_____________________________________


The Hellstrike Combat Infantry Droid was created by Republic Research and Development as a pilot program to assist ground forces. Each droid is a skeletal-like, bi-pedal, humanoid machine that’s capable of utilizing any armament in the Republic armory. They are controlled by a central AI system that can control and relay orders through any Republic comm channel. The primary control of the HCID is typically done through a Behemoth-class Dreadnaught, attached to the Vanguard fleet. Should the main vessel be disabled, the control of HCID detachments can be accessed through the mainframe in any other ship.

Their role in campaigns are different depending on the Officer in command of the mission, and their faith in the droids. Some commanders utilize them as a first-line invasion force, and some utilize them simply as base security and policing operations planet-side. The role of the Hellstrike droids is left up to the commander of the campaign they are assigned to.

Hellstrike droids are deployed in a specialized Reaver-class drop ship. These drop ships are designed to carry a platoon of 25 Hellstrike droids. The droids are stored in drop pods, in groups of 5. As the Dropship reaches the location, they will deploy the five drop pods into the landing zone. Alternatively, they can be deployed in an Albatross-class troop transport ship if needed in larger numbers.

A Hellstrike Droid platoon is comprised of five squads of five droids each. As they receive the same orders and have the same capabilities, there is no “ranking” or “command” droid. Each squad of Hellstrike droids is comprised of four standard infantry droids and one heavy weapon droid, armed with the MG77 “Ripper” Squad Automatic Weapon.

Hellstrike droids are new to the Republic Armed Forces and as such, are low in numbers. They are not cheaply made, and represent a culmination of decades of R&D. While they are deemed to be expendable assets, they aren’t needlessly thrown at the enemy.


© 2020 Maksim T. Siggurd


Author's Note

Maksim T. Siggurd
You can ignore grammar issues as this is a draft piece, thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on July 23, 2020
Last Updated on July 23, 2020


Author

Maksim T. Siggurd
Maksim T. Siggurd

The Frigid Tundra, ND



About
I am a Military/Science Fiction writer who has spent years working on designing a universe in which to base a series of novels off of. I have been part of project teams who have been tasked with desig.. more..

Writing