I'll call it chapter 2

I'll call it chapter 2

A Chapter by Becca Hale
"

�No, d****t, I hit my head of the wall, that�s all!� I snapped.

"

My eyes were closed. But I could see a light through my eyelids. Probably a flashlight. A flashlight? That meant it was night! Had I slept that long?
“Lilian!”

Ugh. Only a paranoid mother would use my full name. D****t, I thought. My eyes opened slowly, but closed again when the light didn’t go away.
“Get the damn flashlight out of my face,” I grumbled. Just because I was oblivious to what was going on, well, I wasn't gonna be nice. The person laughed, but the light moved down. I opened my eyes again to examine the crowd of people surrounding me.
Nearest me was a doctor, by his uniform,  a police officer, and I frightened looking woman. I tagged her as my Mom.

“Oh, God, mom. Please don’t tell me you freaked out!” I said. She laughed nervously.
“Just like you to be annoyed with me when I haven’t know where you were.” I saw her smiling. I rolled my eyes.
“So not funny.” The doctor moved closer to me.
“Do you mind if I examine your head?” he asked politely.
“No, d****t, I hit my head of the wall, that’s all!” I snapped. He backed away, raising his hands.
“Sorry,” he muttered. The look on his face was so… cute, and innocent. I mean, he had to be in his thirties or forties, probably married with kids, but freakin’ hell, he was… I dunno, not bad looking.
“Well, I guess you could look at it… but no poking, no stabbing, and no freakin’ needles!” I made the boundaries very clear. The police man chuckled. The doctor looked apologetic. “No needles,” he promised. He got straight to examining my head. Apparently, the damage wasn’t severe, because he said I’d be “okay”.
“Honey, what happened?” my mom questioned.
“I… well, when I whacked my head… the blood… well, it made me sick, and I guess I must have passed out, ‘cause I woke up and it was dark, and some idiot was shining a damn light in my face.” At least I hadn’t lied. I just hadn’t told the whole story.
“Oh, baby, you are just so… me,” she told me. I laughed. “Yeah, I know.”
“We gotta get home. I mean, Tom’s gonna be waiting for us! I’ve been gone at least an hour!” I knew my mom would freak about someone panicking over her. And everyone panicked about her… she was so… losable.
“Mom, I’m so freakin’ confused. I… I dunno if I’ll be able to drive home,” I admitted.
“That’s okay honey. Is it okay if I leave you for a minute? I’ll go pick up Tom, and then he can drive my car home, and I’ll drive you, okay, hun?” I nodded.
“Thanks mom,” I muttered, suddenly feeling drowsy. She kissed my forehead and hurried off to her car. I saw her headlights shine on my sweater, and then the car vanished in the black night.



© 2009 Becca Hale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

still really good. That was really funny when you were describing the doctor!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm still loving this story. Thank you for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

526 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2009
Last Updated on February 1, 2009


Author

Becca Hale
Becca Hale

Canada



About
I've been writing since I was three. I am left handed, and prefer typing to writing, since my print isn't neat. I am thirteen years old this year. I was looking for a web site where I could freely and.. more..

Writing