I'll call it chapter 4

I'll call it chapter 4

A Chapter by Becca Hale
"

Gabriel kissed me on the cheek. I forgot about everything else...

"

Gabriel stared.
“Ya know, those guys… they're pretty… tough,” he admitted. “And it would be damn stupid to take them all on.”
“Y-you don’t have to. Don’t do something dangerous for me!” I demanded.
“Well, ya know, I don’t think I will. But I can’t just ignore it now. You’ll have to tell me the whole story.” I stared at him in amazement.

What he'd said reminded me of something, but I had to focus.
“So… what’s happenin' between you guys?”
I wasn’t sure where to begin.
“Can I skip the beginning? It’s nothing fascinating.” He nodded.
“'Kay… I’ll begin at yesterday, around lunch, like now… Derek and his friends… they have a, well, a thing for me and… at lunch break… they came over to talk.” It was very hard to tell my story. I left out the fact that they did this every day.
“Anyways, this is what Derek said.
“‘Hey, hun. How’s it goin’?’ And I just found that a bit awkward. I walked away, but someone held me back. One of the boys.
“‘Hold on a second, baby, I have to talk to you,’ Derek told me. I decided I might as well listen. Couldn’t be too important.
“‘I’m gonna meet you after school. At the front doors. Don’t make any escape to your car, my boys will be blocking the way. Even if you DID reach your car, there’d be someone there.’ When he saw my face he laughed and said, ‘Don’t worry, honey, it’ll be okay. If you listen, you won’t get hurt.’”
I had to stop. Gabriel’s knuckles were popping dangerously out of his skin. He nodded once, and the bones slid back in a bit.
“After school… well, he was right. I tried to make an escape to my car… five guys were waiting. It took three to get me to Derek.
“‘Ah, the angel returns,’ he'd said, laughing. I was freaking out.
“I tried to ask Derek what he was gonna do, but he just took me in his arms and pulled me to… well, I dunno, really. My whole face was covered by a cloth or something.
“Then he took away the cloth, and I knew we were inside. And alone. His boys were around the place, guarding us, I s’pose.
“‘It’s just me and you baby, but we’re gonna have alot of fun...’” I shuddered as I remembered the words, then continued. “Derek started trying to kiss me, and I tried to fight him off. I’m too weak though. He pushed me into the wall a couple times, and I hit my head the last time… Doctor said I was okay. But now, one of the other guys is gonna do the same thing to me… to-to-” I couldn’t say today. But I couldn’t lie. Gabriel was so… good looking, and he trusted me.
“Tonight.” he finished. It wasn’t a question. He already knew. I nodded slowly.
“Which one of those a-”
“Gabriel, please! I don’t want you getting involved! I don’t need anyone to get hurt for me! Just let me suffer alone.” I looked pleadingly at him. I hadn’t noticed that we’d sat down. Well, I’d forgotten, anyways. I also didn’t notice that my hand was on his. Or how close we were.
Gabriel kissed me on the cheek. I forgot about everything else. I forgot the people around me, the chair under me, the fact that I had just met Gabriel today…
“Lila, I don’t even know you, only everything you’ve just told me, and that you’re older than sixteen.”
“Did I tell you that?” I asked, confused. My head was still spinning.
“If you have a car, that’s a give-away.”
“Right,” I mumbled, my eyes not looking away from his face.
“Focus, Lila,” he told me. He raised his uncovered hand up slowly, and touched my cheekbone.
“I can’t focus when you do that,” I think I said. He laughed, and I guess he knew what I meant.
“Sorry,” he muttered, dropping his hand. It touched mine as it fell. I got the urge to grab it. I probably did, because he laughed again. I looked down. Yup. Two hands caught.
“Ya know, I really think we have to do something about Derek,” he reminded me.
“Derek? Oh, yeah. He can wait...” I breathed.
“Lila, I can see that you aren’t going to be on task if we’re in any contact...” His hands slid out from under mine. I coughed, then choked. I gasped, I dropped my head dramatically onto the table. I heard his angelic laugh, and then I heard no more.



© 2009 Becca Hale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The flow of this dialogue is pretty darn good; it kept me all the way to the end. I haven't read the rest of your project, but if it's this good I just might!

A suggestion: double-space between paragraphs. It saves eyes.

Best of luck to you and this project!

:--)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

446 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 31, 2009
Last Updated on February 1, 2009


Author

Becca Hale
Becca Hale

Canada



About
I've been writing since I was three. I am left handed, and prefer typing to writing, since my print isn't neat. I am thirteen years old this year. I was looking for a web site where I could freely and.. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!