#1 My Brother Likes My Best Friend

#1 My Brother Likes My Best Friend

A Chapter by tynamite

I wish my brother would leave me my friends alone and mind his own business. My best friend Kimberly was at my house today, and as soon as I opened the door to let her in, my younger brother could not stop looking at her. It was getting on my nerves.

When I opened the door to say hello to her, my brother looked from the landing to see who it was, and he couldn’t take his eyes off her. I turned around, and I saw his stupid face looking at her. He ran off. He should keep his stupid face out of the way of my best friend. I never bother him when he’s around his little friends.

Me and Kimberly then went to the front room and I was talking to her about stuff. My Mum walked in and asked us if we wanted any Pizza and chips. I said yes and Kimberly said she only wanted pizza. Then my Mum asked my stupid brother whether he wanted pizza and chips too. And he said yes. I wish food wasn’t invented now.

So then we had to go into the kitchen and eat pizza and chips. And as we sat at the table, my brother couldn’t stop looking at her. When he was eating chips that had tomato sauce on it, he got tomato sauce on his t-shirt as when he put the fork in his mouth, the fork missed his mouth. The fork went under his mouth above his chin and the sauce dripped. That’s how stupid he is. He can’t multitask. He can only look at Kimberly all day like a saddo. That’s how stupid he is.

At the table everyone was talking about their life. I was talking about how me and Kimberly was going to get our nails done with the nail varnish that we had. My brother asked me why Kimberly wasn’t talking. Kimberly smiled at him, and he smiled back. She only talks to me, I said. He shut up and started eating his chips. Nothing ever good comes out of my brother not eating his chips in peace and quiet. That’s why he’s stupid.

Me and Kimberly finished eating so we got to go back in the living room and do girly stuff. Kimberly had brought a nail decorating kit, so we could do each others nails. I wanted pink nails with a yellow edge.

Later my brother walked in and said that he wanted his nails done. Why couldn’t he leave me alone? All I want to do is be with my friend. I don’t want to be around his friends. He’s too stupid to have cool friends like me. I looked at him cross but Kimberly said yes.

So there he was in the room sat on the sofa, and while Kimberly was doing my nails, he was staring at Kimberly too much. He didn’t even look at my nails. And they were nice. Afterwards he got to have his nails done. Kimberly showed him how to hold a hand out flat, because she doesn’t talk. When my brother tried it, he couldn’t keep his hands straight. He’s so stupid, that his hands were shaking. That’s how stupid he is. So Kimberly held his hand straight, and did his nails with the other hand. I didn’t like Kimberly to hold his hands. He should have done his nails himself.

My brother did something even more stupid. He asked to do Kimberly’s nails. She said no. He doesn't even know how to apply nail varnish. He just paints it like a paintbrush and lets the brush drip all over the floor, because he puts too much on. I saw him, practising it earlier. I've never met anyone so stupid.

When it was time to go, we said bye to Kimberly, and she looked at us and waved.


© 2010 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
Let's hope Kimberly doesn't appear in this story again, for the girl's sake.
Imagine if the brother and Kimberley got cosy. o_O

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

At the beginning I was thinking 'wow what did her brother do to her' and then I was like 'well he is annoying' XD A good read. I can imagine what would happen if anything happened between kimberley and the brother :O

Posted 13 Years Ago


At the beginning, i thought the character's anger towards her brother was a bit mean. But then as the chapter continued, it became funny and entertaining. In the end, i was just as annoyed of her brother.
I really loved this. Great job on it :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


One thing, you've written this with such an ease that it comes across
natural and inviting to read; above others, its humorous, reminds me
of life and growing up. family and friends, it's definitely interesting.
I enjoyed it and the talent expressed is clearly seen :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very captivating story. Quite funny, a breath of fresh air!
A spelling mistake....
eathing- eating
Grammar, not much to fix at all. I'm a bit worried about how it will unfold. You aren't giving yourself much of a topic to work with...... Your brother likes Kimberly.
We know nothing about Kimberly. What does she look like? Why is he so fascinated with her? What about the brother, is he like this with all girls? Or is Kimberly special? Just asking some question to get you thinking......I don't know if you can see what I mean?
I think maybe to overcome this you need to add a bit more content. This will only make it easier as you continue writing this story out.
But great start, I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds!!!
-PoetGirl


Posted 13 Years Ago


tynamite

6 Years Ago

You're not supposed to know what Kimberly looks like or anyone else for that matter. All you're mean.. read more
Oh my god this so funny and sad lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha! Loved the chapter~~~
I could totally picture what was going on.
It really does seem like what an older sister would do/say/think to her little brother in situations like this

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ha! This is a scream. It flowed well and had my attention the whole time. I could see this play out in front of me. Fabulous write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it interesting. I can't wait for the whole thing! I started my book, and well nervous about writing. So I'm going around looking at others to get idea's about diologe and narration. Anyway nice job on this it's fantastic! I can't wait for the rest... :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


tynamite

6 Years Ago

If you want ideas about dialogue and narration, read Familiarity Breaks. Also the narration style or.. read more
tynamite

6 Years Ago

Good luck on your book! I hope you've written it. Sorry for the late reply. Writers Cafe only added .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

932 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on November 22, 2010
Tags: best, friend, likes, fancies, girl, love, fancy, crush, infacutation


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Old

A Poem by Muse


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse