Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kurayami

I groaned. Today is the worst day of my life. I had to study for my social studies test and then do my homework in the morning. I wasn’t allowed to leave the house after if I haven’t done my homework. I just wish that I would get the hell out of here.

“Yvette, would you mind to go to the supermarket and get some eggs and some milk. Oh, and don’t forget the butter as well!” mum shouted downstairs. Finally, there might be a way to get out of hell now.

“Sure,” I yelled back. I get changed quickly and ran downstairs. I won’t miss the chance of being out of the house.

“Have you done your homework yet?” mum asked when she gave me some cash a list of what she wanted me to get.

Not getting out of it, then. “I only have a little bit to do,” I admitted to her. I don’t want to lie to her. Lying was never one of my strengths. Even a toddler can tell if I’m lying or not.

“Alright, you know the rules. Get these things quickly and then come back, okay?” mum said.

“Fine,” I said before getting out of the house.

♪♫♪

I finally got to the park. Each time I see the park I know that I’m near the supermarket. I strode into the park slowly. There were some kids playing in the playground and their parents just sat at the benches having conversations. High school kids were skateboarding. Then I saw a guy standing under a tree in a Victorian suit costume. I’ve never seen him before. No one else seems to be paying attention to him. He looked lost and puzzled. There was even bewilderment in his face like he’s never been here before. I suppose that there is no harm in going to talk to him so I walked towards him. This will extend my time of being out of the house. Perhaps he’s from the theatre and that he just happened to be on his way to the theatre but then got lost.

“Hello. Are you from the theatre? May I help you with anything?” I asked as politely as I could. I never actually helped a guy older than me before even just by a few years. He suddenly looked uncomfortable.

“Well, yes, ma’am. Would you mind telling where I am?” he said.

“You are now at Forrest Hill Park,” I answered, thinking if he’s serious when he asked me that where he is. I wondered if this is a prank. The way he talks...it feels like a great joke is going to land on me soon.

“Well, then. Could you also tell me what century is this?” he asked.

“This is twenty-first century. Why? Are you feeling quite well? Do you need to go to the hospital?” I asked, curious. There is definitely something wrong with him. His eyes suddenly looked like as if they were popping out of their sockets. It could be possible that he’s got some sort of brain damage.

“I do beg your pardon, ma’am but are you sure this is the…twenty-first century, you say?” he asked as if he is just coming to reality.

“Sure it is,” I said. Now, I’m starting to feel impatient and I do not want mum to think that I’m sneaking around while I get the chance to get out the house. “Look, I don’t know what I can do for you or why you are asking me weird questions but come with me if you want to because I haven’t got much time to lose. My mum will be mad at me if I’m not home soon,” I said softly, almost in a hushed tone. He widened his eyes and nodded.

“My name is Yvette. What’s yours?” I asked. He may be weird but he should at least have a name.

“My name is Edward Rosland,” he answered, looking relieved.

♪♫♪

After leaving Edward at the nearest police station, I walked home with the grocery bags. I hoped mum wouldn't be mad that I was out for so long.

“Hi, honey. What took you so long?” mum raised an eyebrow and asked.

I explained how I met Edward and getting him to the police station since he said that he doesn't really live here. The way he speaks is funny, with an old accent and formal words. I don’t tell her that it could be a prank.

“Hmmn,” mum said.

I put the bags on the kitchen table and went upstairs to finish my homework. I have school tomorrow. I wondered if that guy would go to school but he’s acting so strangely I wondered if it was a prank after all or that he’s got brain damage and he can’t go to school.

After finishing my homework, I ate lunch and took an afternoon nap. It was quite rainy outside as it had been for days. I rang up my best friend and we decided that we would go to the library and discuss how our days have been.

♪♫♪

“Hello, Tiffany,” I hugged her as we met each other.

“Hey,” she said, hugging me back.

We went to find our seats at the back of the library where there were not much people. Tiffany told me about how her days had been and how miserable she was that she lost her part time job at the KFC's. Then, I told her about how I met Edward and how he seemed so weird and he was dressed in practically a costume. I also told her about how it could be just a silly prank pulled by strangers. She said she’ll look out for me. After finishing our “talk”, she said she was going to meet her boyfriend later and that she needed to go.

After she left, I went to find a book on the shelf and start reading. I love reading. It is the only time that you get to live someone else’s life and forget your own worries. The book that I picked up was “The Flask” by Nicky Singer. I love it instantly as I read the first paragraph in the book.


© 2014 Kurayami


Author's Note

Kurayami
I'm still improving this book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

「Subaru」 - Homeworks....homeworks are like bonus for your grades.They can be done easily,you don't need to do it at home.Just do them at school (When you find time in the class) then you have more time at home.
「Kuroha」 - OR,you could just ignore it.
「Haru」 - Ignoring it is good as long as the other grade providers aren't low
「Mashiro」 - We were suppose to review this chapter but we got distracted by some homeworks.
「All four in one」 - We are attention deficits!

The chapter was interesting keep it going

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kurayami

9 Years Ago

Thank you~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014


Author

Kurayami
Kurayami

Hotel Transylvania



About
♪♫♪ more..

Writing
Autumn Autumn

A Poem by Kurayami


The choice The choice

A Story by Kurayami