On the Mercy of a Spider

On the Mercy of a Spider

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

my web of horror

"


On the Mercy of a Spider


“Don’t eat me! Don’t eat me!”said the fly to the spider, “I still got a lot of living to do.”

 

The spider eyed the fly with a bit of disdain and said,

 

“Why should I spare a heartless fool like you?  I saw what you did to that lovely fly that flew and died in the big cat’s eye. You broke her heart, made her cry, turned your back on her, and dared her to die. Now it’s your turn to die, but it will be slow and painful as I eat you alive, while you’re awake and paralyzed. Times up, my putrid little friend, your life is about to end.”

 

“You got it all wrong” said the fly, “It was she who had an affair with another fly and it was she who broke my heart. I needed time to forgive her but she only saw my pain. She couldn’t forgive herself, consumed by guilt and remorse; she decided to commit suicide, by diving into that great Lion’s Eye.”

 

“I don’t believe you,” said the spider, “and even if I did, it still was you, who was the cause of her demise. She was a friend and surely you are not.”  

 

“We have children,” said the sobbing fly,” they already lost their mother; don’t take their father away from them too.”

 

“You sniveling buggy bug thug, your maggots are no concern of mine. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll go hunt them down and have them for dessert. Hold still now, while I sprinkle you with a little salt,” said the hungry spider.

 

He who was once a mighty fly, who led armies of warrior flies to many victories, was a victim of his own deceitful nature and infidelities. He was now yesterday’s food and today’s fecal matter....   



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 rc

02-17-16



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on July 8, 2016
Last Updated on July 8, 2016
Tags: prose, poems, story

Totem Hokum (animals are people too)


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing