Once Upon a Dinosaur

Once Upon a Dinosaur

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

at least the birds survived...

"


Once Upon a Dinosaur

 

     As I lie on the Dunes of the Dragamor Desert and wait for the impending sand storm to approach, my mind wanders to a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth. They were magnificent. While God created the earth, trees, seas, a few bugs and an assortment of various bees, it was I who designed and created the dinosaurs of earth, air, and sea.  

 

    Now I know that you may be thinking that God created everything on his own, the heavens, angels, worlds and the whole shebang. That’s just not the case. He had help, ME. I was his first creation, his MorningStar, and together we created the heavens, angels, and everything else that needed creating. We created many universes and a multitude of stars and billion upon billions of worlds, through something we called the big bang project. We moved though time and space on the wings of stars. Where there was dark we created light, where there was emptiness we created space. These were thrilling times.

 

     When our Creation Matrix was near complete we set upon creating the Prime Nexus, a Life Zone, a Design Exemplar; an Archetype world where all the other billions of worlds where life took root would emulate and use variations of our designs. They were shadow worlds to our Prime Nexus world we called Earth.

 

     While God stirred the creation pot and designed some of the main ingredients that moved along evolutionary creation, he let me design and create the Prime Life-form that would dominate the earth, the Dinosaur. I made them big, massive and powerful. Okay, okay, I may have made them too big, and made their brains a little too small but I was working on correcting that. I loved those giant reptiles and they loved me back. But God had other plans.

 

     He took me aside one day and said “Lucy” that was his pet name for me, it was kind of endearing when you think about it, but I digress, he said: “We need to make a major overhaul on the Prime Life-Form project. Your Dinosaurs are just too big and dumb and they use up too much of the earth’s resources. They need to be eradicated.”

 

     I was stunned by God’s decision. I knew there were problems with my beloved creations but I was working on them. I pleaded with God to change his mind. I told him I would give them bigger brains and make them smaller, less deadly. He wanted the mammals to thrive; he said in order for them to grow and multiply the dinosaurs needed to go.

 

     I did convince him to make the flying lizards smaller and a little smarter. He allowed me to evolve them into birds.  I also was allowed to make some species on land smaller, little lizards, snakes, and various bugs. He let me keep the sharks and other aqua-creatures that didn’t fall into the reptile category. He told me he would give me time to say goodbye to my favorites and to come to terms on their destruction. I realized then, that God was a Reptile Racist.

 

    Of course I put on a happy face and said his decisions were law. What else could I do? But for the first time in my existence, I felt anger towards him. I started to slowly separate from his glory. For me, at the time, all life was sacrosanct, but life for him was arbitrary. A means for him to wield power, he reveled in destruction as well as creation. They say I have a dark side, well compared to him my darkness still hides within it some light, while his is all black.

 

     I said goodbye to my beloved dinosaurs. I rode with them for the last time. I ate with them, slept in their nests and keeps and cried with them.

I swore that I would never forget them.

 

     I then sailed on the cosmic winds and lifted on my shoulders a star rock. I flung it towards earth and watched day turn to night. I set the world on a new evolutionary path. God’s orders not mine. Why should he get his hands dirty while mine were already full of dirt?

 

     He did allow me to create some new animals, exotic trees, plants and various kinds of bugs and new types of bees. He said he had something special in mind. When I asked him what it was, he said, he wanted it to be a big surprise. Damn was I surprised, but not in a good way, but that‘s another story.

 

     The storm finally approached and I let the sand cut through my cheeks and engulf me in its embrace. Deep down between layers and layers of sand and earth one of my original creations still live and dwell, the last of the true dinosaurs, The Sand Worm. I made sure they thrived on many worlds and kept them hidden from God on this one. They like the cockroach will help me devour mankind whole.  Revenge tastes the sweetest when served cold...



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

      

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RC

07-15-2016

©2016 Robert F. Callaci All rights reserved.

      

 

    

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 15, 2016
Last Updated on July 16, 2016
Tags: prose, poems, story

Totem Hokum (animals are people too)


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing