The Dance of the Cockroach

The Dance of the Cockroach

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

I'm in you hair and underwear...

"


The Dance of a Cockroach

My name is Periwinkle Salomon and I’m one angry pissed-off cockroach. Three of my colonies have just been destroyed by the evil dust you humans love to plague us with. That’s over a million of my comrades in arms who’ll never again see the sun rise or fall.

Who the hell do you humans think you are? You malign us, disparage our good name, call us pests, curse our existence and execute us by the millions because we give you the creeps. Give me a break!

 

You call us filthy ravenous bugs, while in reality it’s you who are the filthy beasts. We live off your dirt and garbage, and believe me, there is plenty of it. You kill for fun, we kill to eat and survive. You call us disgusting cannibals who eat their own vomit and waste. I’ve seen you do the same when no other food or water resources were left.  You’re just a bunch of hypocrites deluded into thinking that you are superior to us in every single way, that you are drawn in the image of God while we are just His garnish for you to nibble on.

 

One of your most outrageous claims of all is that if we are left to our own devices we would devour the earth, that we are a detriment to the eco-system. Are you serious!  

We’ve been here for over 500 million years. In that time the world had grown and prospered. But that growth ended with your arrival less than 100,000 years ago. You have changed the face of earth, ravaged it with your greed, eaten up most of its resources, driven many species to extinction and yet, you claim it is we, who are the defilers of earth. You sick b******s!  

 

Your time of dominance is coming to a close. You need to be stopped. There’s just too many of you. If it was up to me you would all be eradicated, but the Fiddler says that‘s not to be so. I know he dislikes us, but he hates you, so this pronouncement was somewhat of a surprise. He told us to leave 10% of the human population intact. He likes the music, art, and stories that you have created when you aren’t polluting the world. He smiled at me and gently touched my antennae. He said he misjudged us, that we were good for something. To rid the world of the plague called mankind... RC-03-15-2016  



  



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on July 9, 2016
Last Updated on July 9, 2016
Tags: prose, poems, story

Totem Hokum (animals are people too)


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing