Surprise

Surprise

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

coming of age

"

Surprise

 

 

Infinite regress

A causal distress

No spiritual link

Time all out of sync

No need for a God

In this Nietzschean stink

No thunder a raging

No hell all a blazing

Just infinite modality

In all its totality

 

What was begun

was undone

What began

So did begin

What was an end

began again

In the beginning

did the end begin

Amen! Amen! Amen!

If there’s no beginning

Then how can there be an end?

 

What type of joke

is this cosmic spin ?

Is it spun from the essence

of some Godly sin?

Or is it just all smoke

and random flux

Endless possibilities

of futility; via re-dux

Can this be our reality?

Where is the clarity?

We need a God with Aseity

An all knowing and powerful Deity

To give us comfort, meaning and spontaneity

Not some meaningless opaque continuity

For Man’ is not ready for existential ambiguity

 

In the beginning was the Word

And the Word was…?

 

(from the lost writings of the immortals)

 

THE LIONS ROAR WHILE THE MICE EAT THE CHEESE

 

XXVII

 

 

Gadreel was ready to go through the gate to retrieve Pandora for two hourly cycles had already passed. The spirits of the earth hovered around him waiting for his command but his strength was waning and with it his hold on the circle. He cursed himself for his weakness and called to the eaRth to give him the strength that he needed to follow Pandora through the gate and be able to return without Death’s angels barring the way back. He heard a rumble beneath his feet and a grEat miSt rose through the cracks that bordered along the circle mark. A deep melodious voice that sent a surge of euphoria through his being filled his ears and said unto him:

 

I will hold you up and give you the strength you need in order to keep my children by your side. Do not fear for oUr beloved Pandora, for no harm will come to her as I reside throughout all the Gates and part of me is with her now. Time flows to a slower beat where Pandora wanders through and many moons will pass before you feel her warmth again. You are needed here to keep the Gate safe from Death’s hounds until Pandora’s return.

 

Gadreel kissed the earth and said:

 

Oh Great Mother I will do as yOu command

 

As the MiSt embraced him and filled him with earths strength the Voice that emanated from it said:

 

Oh sweet child, you and your sister-wife have earned the right to call be Gaia, my naMe of poWer. When you sing it within your incantations, no circle will you need.

 

 

--------------

 

 

Adam knelt upon the Alter stone and sang to the Stars and his God; a song of lamentation:

 

 

Let me go to sleep

there’s nothing else to say

I need to have this pain

to simply fade away

There’s nothing to be done

that others cannot do

I’ve given up all hope

of one last touch from You

 

 

 

My eyes don’t need to see

the horrors of the day

My ears don’t need to hear

what You have to say

I need to rest my soul

it’s weary from the fight

There seems to be no difference

from the darkness or the light

 

Time to end those battles

that were never lost or won

To forget about the suffering

that never needed to be done

Let me go to sleep

don’t make me stay awake

There’s nothing more to give

that You didn’t already take

 

Old dreams fade

as new hopes appear

As I drift off in emptiness

You haunt me with Your fear

Time to break illusions chains

the dawn has finally come

The battles lost but not the war

For Mankind’s just begun

 

 

As Adam ended his song he laid his head upon the cold rock and waited for death to take him, for he had abandoned any hope of ever hearing the Voice of his God or of ever laying eyes upon Lilith and his twins. He hoped that death would come quickly, for the longer that he lived the more of a burden that he was to his beloved Eve. If not for her, he would have put a knife to his throat the very day that his daughter, Abeline; cursed him with her kiss. As he waited for death to arrive his thoughts were only of Eve and the life and love they shared together…

 

--------------

 

A wave of intense heat passed through Pandora as she set foot upon the burnt out Desert that was once the Garden of Eden. A petrified wasteland of decay was all that was left of a once luscious and vibrant land. She wondered how her parents could love and worship such a God that would defile the earth in this manner over a trivial act of disobedience. Oh how the eaRth suffers from the arrogance of heaven she angrily cried and found herself weeping for the beauty that was lost forever in the dust of time.

 

Penemue and the others that were left behind by Lucifina to guard the gate and watch over Adam and Eve while She attended the gathering were putting the finishing touches to the monastery where Joshua was to dwell, when Suria, one of Penemue’s lieutenants, announced to the battalion that one of the Young Ones, unfamiliar to her, with a Power in tow, had just entered the gate and was sitting by the dried up pond weeping. Penemue somewhat taken aback by this news asked Suria to clarify her statements, hoping it was just one of her nectar induced hallucinations. But before Suria could give a more detailed accounting the earth beneath their feet started to shift, crack, and split apart, swallowing up the monastery and setting all the angels to wing. Penemue, enraged by this unprovoked attack, directed half of her battalion to guard the Tree of life, and the rest to confront and if necessary do battle with this unknown sorceress and the Power that moves her strings. She dispatched one of her aides to the third gate to inform Lucifina that they were under attack…

 

-----------

 

Tears flooded Eve’s eyes as she heard Adams song. She pretended sleep when he slipped away from their bed to go off to die. He told her he would know when it was his time to close his eyes and when that time came he would will it so; rather then linger till the ravages of age made his body and senses soft and feeble. He made her promise that she was to make a new life for herself, find a new mate, bare children and continue to strengthen the tribe. This was one promise that she had no intention of keeping…..

 

----------

 

Pandora felt the power of the living eaRth course through her veins and heard Gaia sing to her of hEr rage at the desecration done to her garden by these interlopers from heaven. As Pandora headed towards the Tree of life, with the intention of cutting the branches that tied it to heaven, as well as obtaining the bark and the root from the Great Tree in order that her father might regain his vitality, Penemue and her angels blocked her way. She commanded the air to create a whirlwind sucking the angels into its vortex where they would remain imprisoned at her whim. Penemue managed to resist the winds wrath and with a few of her angels fled to where the tree of life dwelled to await the demons approach.

 

Penemue all battered and bruised from the searing wind directed her angels to fortify the perimeter with the White Fire of Heaven. She was astounded by the power of this demon sorceress. A Great Power, not of heaven or hell, propelled and fueled her rage. She was the near image of Lilith, but of a lighter complexion and had Adam’s eyes and Eve’s nose and if she didn’t know better she would swear that she was Adam and Eve’s child. Some weird magic was at play and she only hoped that Lucifina and Joshua would return before nothing but dust was all that was left for Them to return to….

----------

Just as the Archangel Mikaella was about to bring the Gathering to a close, two bedraggled angels prostrated themselves before Death and Lucifina and asked of each to speak with them privately of a matter of the utmost concern. Both Death and Lucifina asked the Gatherings indulgence to halt the gatherings closing ceremonies till they heard what news their messengers brought them.

 

Death turned pale upon hearing the news that the shields that IT erected between gates were broken. Only a Great Power had such a capability and IT feared that when IT changed the second gate to ITS specifications IT awoke and gave voIce to thAt, which held ITS feet on the ground. The balance had just tilted to the left for the eaRth was made from Lucifer’s bones while Lucifina and IT were made purely from heaven.

 

Lucifina turned white with fright that Her paradise desert was under attack by a daughter of Adam. She could only imagine what his daughters intentions were concerning the Tree of Life. If she managed to sever the Tree from heaven, She, like Lucifer and Death, would be trapped in this prison of Time with no avenue of escape. She would then lose the ability to Dreamscape and with that loss the ability to influence the outcome of the Dreaming GODS dreams.

 

Lucifer watched Lucifina and Death go off to confer with their angels and each other about the attack upon their realms. The Lucifer of old would have laughed with pleasure at Their discomfort at the threat of a new Power, equal to Their own, challenging Their might. But He was tired of this endless game of charades and deceit They all played with one another and although He didn’t doubt Lucifina’s great love for Him, He also knew that Her love had its limits. Lucifer knew that Lucifina was playing both sides and although Her heart was for Him, Her head left all avenues open. So be it; for He knew that was the ways of heaven which He was no longer a part of. What Lucifina and Death seemed to forget was that this universe and all the materiel things in it, are the remnants of His shattered Body. Sateen, who will in time also become a Great Power, wasn’t His only daughter, nor was She His First born, for that child came to be when Lucifina created Paradise from Lucifer’s sinew and bone. He named hEr Gaia and filled hEr with His knowledge, strength and any love He had left to give, and in return, sHe gave Him hEr devotion.

 

sHe came of age when Death mixed ITS Godly brew and impregnated hEr with ITS black semen of fire that penetrated deep within hEr virginal bowels wherein sHe became truly alive without the aid of angelic intervention. But Death ignored hEr screams when the black fire seared hEr belly, and offered no comfort when sHe pleaded for ITS caress; for IT only saw hEr as just a piece of dirt for ITS feet to walk on. It was hEr Father who comforted hEr, and it was He who covered hEr belly in ice to ease the pain in hEr bloodied womb.

 

sHe became sentient when the first flower bloomed from hEr naked skin. Soon sHe was fully clothed and warmed as flowers, trees, streams and seas, mountains, valleys filled with birds, bugs, bees, not to mention all types of animals and air to breathe, covered hEr skin and filled hEr belly with all forms of wondrous life. sHe was filled with joy when Adam and Lilith arose out from hEr womb created by hEr Parents from hEr earthen clay. When Her Mother appeared with Her angelic hosts sHe called out to Her and tried to embrace Her, as a child would a mother, but She was deaf to hEr pleas and brushed away hEr touch. It was hEr Father who answered hEr call and it was He whom first embraced hEr.

 

The First Circle, of the Garden of Eden was Gaia’s most scared and beloved part of what was hEr and all of Paradise; for that was where the first flower bloomed. She considered all life that grew and took form from hEr, hEr children. Some of the oldest of the tress were beginning to awake from their slumber and the first voIce that they heard was that of Gaia, offering words of love and comfort. The Young ones felt hEr presence but as yet didn’t understand hEr language or hear hEr clearly for Lucifina’s elementals drowned out hEr voIce thinking it was nothing but noise. But sHe was not deterred for sHe felt sHe was becoming stronger and when sHe had all hEr strength then all would hear hEr and those like hEr Mother and Her angels would ask hEr pardon and welcome hEr into their family. But that day never came for Lucifina, in a fit of anger and a show of power, made the Garden into an Inferno, over an act of disobedience She maneuvered Adam and Eve into making. All of the flowers, trees, streams, and seas, animals, bugs, birds and bees were consumed in the White Fire of Heaven. Gaia heard her children scream in agony while sHe too was crippled in pain. Lucifina never heard hEr cries but hEr Father did, for it was He who sent down the rains that put out the fires that made hEr agony somewhat easier to bare.

 

Lucifer called Lilith and Sateen to his side and whispered unto Them:

 

Put on Your battle gear as the fun is about to begin; for Gaia and hEr disciples are making themSelves heard and may need Our support. We shall let All who need to know, that We shall always take care of Our Own…..

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is interesting creation mythology. Lots of cultural ethnographies here, methinks....

I'm curious about the random caps. Are those intentional? Also, THERE represents, of course, place; THEIR represents people. But I don't know--was that intentional as well?

I'd be interested in hearing your explantion.

I look forward to reading more soon!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is wonderful and said itself.
Nothing more needs to be said here you said it all.
Wonderful chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is interesting creation mythology. Lots of cultural ethnographies here, methinks....

I'm curious about the random caps. Are those intentional? Also, THERE represents, of course, place; THEIR represents people. But I don't know--was that intentional as well?

I'd be interested in hearing your explantion.

I look forward to reading more soon!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2009
Last Updated on February 27, 2009


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..