wanting to fade

wanting to fade

A Poem by Pax
"

~ just wanting to share this feeling to you my friends...

"



Wanting to fade…

 

Sometimes I just wanted to fade

Out of sight, but just around

 

To hide and vanished

Or be erased momentarily

To feel my existence in a place

Like I belong

 

Hours, minutes, and seconds passed

The white walls grab me to blend in

To pretend that I am part of something

Other than being out of place

But the dark ribbon that lurks in my eyes

Sheds light of who I am

 

…tired!

 

Perhaps longing to belong,

  Awaits in the far door I fear to go… 

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
credits to the talented photographer : DavidSchermann

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I guess we all could feel identified with this poem, somehow, no matter what.
There are times that we don't feel part of something, like we were "wanting to fade"
I do feel identified with it, 'cause sometime I felt this way. It was a time I hadn't find a way, haven't feel confortable where I was.
But times goes by, and I slowly found my way. I'm still not there, but I'm on the way. Finding interesting people, new experiences, bad ones, new places; have learned some things, and forgotten other things.
We use to fear going somewhere, 'cause going somewhere sometimes looks "dangerous", but what whe need to is that we actually need to go some direction to find someplace.
Maybe the ribbon that covers our eyes will never cover the light inside ourselves. I suppose that light will be there as long as we want to, as long as we pursue a dream...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

Maybe the ribbon that covers our eyes will never cover the light inside ourselves. I suppose that li.. read more
Fernando Dardón

10 Years Ago

Youre welcome!!! :-)



Reviews

When I was young I often felt like fading. But then I discovered a place and a voice, and I would not relinquish them...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I will always remember that Marie my friend...
because when i descovery this voice, i felt lik.. read more
i may not be able to fully understand how the the voice in this piece feel but i know that each one of us at one point had experienced the yearning to belong to a certain group or organization. yet, strangely, the more we tried to fit in, the more that we feel that we don't belong and the more that we feel untrue to ourselves. i guess in order to survive, we must really learn to adapt and to be flexible but in doing so let us not forget who we really are. nice one pax!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

sigh, I always put that to mind... no matter how i pretend to blend in, sabi nga sa kanta...
.. read more
the longing for belonging...it's painful when that longing is never met. few peoples makes our existence meaningful, we feel opportunist to be living with them, but sometimes we strive hard to be with them. i have this feeling sometimes when i'm very pessimistic, i curse my existence as it never seems meaningful at all at some point of life., feels like life is just ...just too wrong with me. but friends and people makes me realize my very existence,i admire it that i have lived that moment with them .

i love the emotions you have put into it. it's touching. loved it. thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

that sentence alone, it stings... but bearable...
It's nice to see you again my friend...
read more
The dark story

10 Years Ago

i was busy(well i'm still) with my studies. my exams are going to start next week.
Sometimes I just want to melt into the earth and become nothing but a part of its omniscient presence, this is the feeling I get from this, or maybe this is the way I know this feeling... When we are tired, lonely, frustrated with the substancelessness of our dreams, disappointed in reality, or simply wanting a restful place to just be... Take care, dear Pax...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

sigh...
all those negative feelings... i feel those...
it's hard to be strong sometimes... read more
Horizon K.

10 Years Ago

there is always good out there, it just needs to be found, however we must find it, sometimes it tak.. read more
Well I had this feelings not long ago. It's good to read you again Pax.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

It's nice to see you too. I hope your doing well my friend...
This feelings often comes to me,.. read more
i think poets feel out of place, like they don't belong...we have each other as writers...and we understand each other...but with others, we can sometime feel alien...we want to belong...we just don't--

like emily D. who was such a recluse...she didn't want to be with people who didn't share her views, appreciate her poetry or understand her...

i have had this feeling often.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, I didn't know Emily D. was like that, thanks my friend... we are all indeed humans capable of t.. read more
I really enjoyed the melancholy tone you conveyed from the stark loneliness that you endure...you feel fatigue because you don't see a familiar face, at times home sickness...I feel your struggle, and I admire your strength...you will see that the sacrifice you make will make you a better person born out of necessity.

As a saying in my place goes...get in where you fit in. :)



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

my friend wow, that saying - get in where you fit in - sometimes homesickness really gets through yo.. read more
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You're welcome bro...I feel your struggle...try to network with other Pinoys and meet up...or cook P.. read more
Yup. I know exactly how this feels.

Good piece my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I know, right!
Please do come back when your well...
a friend is always here for you..... read more
This reminds me of the feeling I would get back in the office work days of long ago, when the clock would tick tock and tick some more and it felt like farther and farther away would get the door. The walls would stretch and the coffee would run dry and the over bright lights would replace the sky.
Then would come that moment when exhaustion would mix like soup and the vision would spin and twirl into the essense of blank goop.

I finally had to leave the office line of work...

This piece of poetry really speaks to me of mankinds need to always integrated their souls with new and interesting things. When we stagnate, even if it's on the scale and scope of a day, we feel off and the world looses a bit of color. At the same time, we are fascinated by fly on the wall, and the spirits that can hear and not be seen. I believe this poem was blending of curiousity, sleepy winds and and a chair that hadn't moved in a while.

That's just what I see in the ink anyway! My view might be outrageously my own! =D

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sir Pax!
Aaron - Wolfwind



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, it reminds me so well at work, that is why i choose that image... it fits and hides different m.. read more
Wolfwind

10 Years Ago

You're more than welcome. I enjoy reading your thoughts. They have a wonderful human depth to them t.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

that is why i enjoyed reading even though I am a lazy reader, to dream, to fantasize, to write them .. read more
"Other than being out of place

But the dark ribbon that lurks in my eyes

Sheds light of who I am"
Dark ribbons around eyes that is some powerful imagery for temporary loss of focus or vision for it hinders the amount of light or ( truth ) that reflects into those eyes too see the reality of this life and people's intentions and until you figure all that out then you feel the belonging and share the love and trust for the worthy of yours...A splendid write...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I am stunned on how you understand well the core of the piece and hitting rock bottom... I can't th.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1495 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 26, 2013
Last Updated on August 26, 2013

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse


~ dark veil ~ ~ dark veil ~

A Poem by Pax


cruel to me cruel to me

A Poem by Pax