prologue-ish

prologue-ish

A Chapter by obvious pseudonym

SLAM!!!! I just made it; the zombies are at the door clawing to come in.   They’ll probably just bang on the door to no avail. I’ll prop it up with a chair or something anyways just in case. Thankfully they’re incapable of infiltrating this hideout quietly, none will sneak up on me they’re too stupid for that. I shouldn’t say stupid, they’re actually very smart, but too driven by hunger to access they’re knowledge.  I should introduce myself, my name is Zarah Eldelmera and I’m living in the era of zombies.  That’s what they’re calling this dire time period in which for once the humans are not the predatory species but the prey. There are a few still alive and fighting, with a feeling of impending doom always hanging over.  Most have been eaten or infected by zombies, others have even capitulated, given up, we don’t talk about them.  I’ll have to admit zombies are an intimidating enemy, with their unflagging energy, and stoical response to pain.  With sores and chafes all over their body, they are not pretty to look at. Zombies seem to have a mission to nullify the human race, although I know that’s not true, they are just driven by their uncontrollable desire to feed. They’re scavengers, it’s who they are but I wouldn’t want to be the injured bloke, limbs all awry, too weak to carry on, that they find and tear to bits. The only way kill is to render the brain unusable, a bludgeon to the head will usually do the trick.

As for their attributes, well they could be better.  All zombies have a gaunt, haggard look to them no matter how much they eat and don’t wear much clothing, what they do have on is mostly rags anyways.  Some zombies have an absence of limbs usually cut off by one of us in a battle, where the particular zombie got away or…overwhelmed the fighter. 

Zombies weren’t an accident although that’s not what our leaders said, that’s right the president Vinente Kamari is still alive and living a life of a recluse, he’s cowering underground while the rest of us are above ground fighting for our lives.  There was a new method of punishment.  The really bad guys got what we call the zombie treatment.   They lived the life of a zombie, created by this corrupt child prodigy. Everyone was fooled by this jaunty child with a disarming smile and unassuming nature, but at the core completely evil and at the acme of his career.  He is the smartest person in the world, enrolled by the government and a turncoat to the human race.  He was given everything he needed to make a creature, even human guinea pigs, and he did worse than the world ever knew.  The criminal was infected with the virus and within the hour the poor person was completely zombiefied.  They serve out a certain term as a zombie, they weren’t fed, and they’ll still live but in a constant hunger and brutal desire for human flesh. The thing is that this boy, Blaise Oswald, didn’t make the antidote. He said he did and they so foolishly believed him. 

Blaise made himself head zombie.   A different theorem than the other one, it allows him to still have control over his mental facilities and dulls the overwhelming desire to feed, but he couldn’t manage to nullify it completely, only reduce it.  The most predominant factor is that he is physically stronger than the other zombies and has the ability to control their minds, conveying commands directly into their heads, turning these released zombie criminals into menial servants. He’s actually made three different types of zombies; his crones got the one just like his minus the mind controlling bit. 

 

they make our world living hell.



© 2011 obvious pseudonym


Author's Note

obvious pseudonym
no hablo grammer

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. Yes, little grammar here and there but an excellent introductory.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Didnt I read this before? It seems familiar. Brilliant!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was AWESOME. seriously. It's not every day you read a zombie horror novel.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011


Author

obvious pseudonym
obvious pseudonym

wherever i want, time machine you know, NH



About
so theres this fancy smancy little about me thingy on here that i have absolutly no idea what to write on sooo im just going to ramble and ramble because thats what i do best..... P.S. if you spam me.. more..

Writing