All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men

All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men

A Story by victoria
"

u can change your life so drastically, just by the way you look through your eyes

"
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...

and what a high wall it was.
He had everything he ever wanted, he had all the things, and all the friends. He had an everlasting smile on his face, that could make anyone joyous, and was the most handsome in all the land. He was clever and witty, with no enemies. He was amazing enough to envy, but no one ever thought to envy him because he was so kind.
But one day everything changed.
He started thinking things. He starting realizing things. What if all his "friends" were just pretending? They were all liars anyways. He bet everyone was against him. He convinced himself that they were all out to get him. He suffered, thinking only of the horrible world that surrounded him. He began to hate himself. Hate himself for all the things he didn't realize earlier.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

He destroyed all of his things, every trace of who he was. He rarely came out of his house. He never spoke. Not one morsel of food passed his lips. His once radiant smile was only a memory now. And one day, he was gone. He had run away, tried to run away from everything that scared him.
Everyone in the kingdom went to search for him. And they found him, the middle of the woods, rocking back and forth, hitting his head off a tree each time. There were patches of his hair missing, because he had torn them out. His skin was singed, because he had built a fire then jumped into it. His nose, mouth, and eyes were bruised and bleeding because he had beaten himself with rocks. his eyelashes and fingernails were missing because he had ripped them out. And he had a slight smile on his face while muttering the words. "I will fix myself, the world has taught me."
So the people of the kingdom, though terrified of what he had become, took him back to where he once lived. They dressed him in the finest clothes, but he tore them into rags. They gave him everything he ever used to want, but he pushed it all away. They fed him the most delicious food, but he spit it out or threw it up. Try as they might, they could not help him.

All the kings horses, and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again


© 2010 victoria


Author's Note

victoria
So i was thinking, was Humpty Dumpty just a childrens nursery rhyme, or was someone trying to tell a story? and thats why i wrote this. Anyone can turn out like this, so if they choose to have a negative outlook on life. dont let it happen. on a brighter note (because after i wrote this it kinda scared me xD ) if you review and rate this, ill give you a wonderful internet hug :D

p.s ~ ive never written a story-like thing like this before, so errr..... constructive criticism please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The Humpty Dumpty story never was said with such strong story in my lifetime. Sometime it is easy to become overcame with fear and disappointment. I was lucky to be born hard headed and mean. Never allowing anyone to push me back. My two brother's killed themselves because they fear living in this world. Like poor Humpty Dumpty some folks can become scare and not desire repair. I agree with your author note. We must stay positive and go forward. Not allowing anyone to stop our goals and dreams. A excellent poem. You made me think. The goal of a good writer.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Most people would have been content to let the metaphor sit there, but not you, no, you just had to go and try and develop it into something.

Lucky you, it worked. The story is complete and direct, a perfect expansion of the work in an easily relatable way.

Which is not to say that the story itself is perfect. Your key moment revolves, as it must, around the 'fall', yet you devote so little time to it. I realize this is a short story, but you could have done with more than one little paragraph leading up to his terrible downfall. It's a short poem, but you could have squeezed a little more out of it that this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good, it made me think.
NykkiC:

Posted 13 Years Ago


its very true, one of my favourite quotes is; "the only disability in life is a bad attitude." and I think this story goes well along those same lines. It is interesting to deconstruct the many nurery rhymes, there are so many that could have hidden meaning (e.i. ring around the rosey- yes not a nursery ryhme but the same idea) it was interesting to read, great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


HAHA, Victoria, I have to admit, reading this kinda scared me too! :P
Anyway, I thought that this was a really powerful write. It described a million and one things about human nature as well as the nature of society, through a really intriguing, and somewhat chilling metaphor. Great write,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing, an outstanding writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The Humpty Dumpty story never was said with such strong story in my lifetime. Sometime it is easy to become overcame with fear and disappointment. I was lucky to be born hard headed and mean. Never allowing anyone to push me back. My two brother's killed themselves because they fear living in this world. Like poor Humpty Dumpty some folks can become scare and not desire repair. I agree with your author note. We must stay positive and go forward. Not allowing anyone to stop our goals and dreams. A excellent poem. You made me think. The goal of a good writer.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was cool. It was a nice story. I liked it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

742 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010
Tags: Humpty, Dumpty, Nursery, Rhyme, All, The, Kings, Horses, And, The Kings, Men, Sad

Author

victoria
victoria

About
FREE HUGS CAMPAIGN.....PLEASE WATCH THIS? :] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ live like your dying. everyone needs a hug sometimes. g.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Poem by victoria



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..