Chapter 1: taking effect

Chapter 1: taking effect

A Chapter by Yaksi Hernandez

I was sitting in my room playing with my servant also known as my personal jester. My father had servants who had a son named William 2 years before my mother had given birth to me. The son  of the 2 servants became my jester since I kept telling my father I wanted a friend and he needed to have William do something to live in the palace. my father having a kind heart, could not kick him out of the palace so he offered William and his parents the chance to serve me. his parents were not sure because they were sure i would most likely be a spoiled brat, but they got over it when they heard that i begged my father to let William to join me and my tutor in our daily lessons, which was the main reason why the servants loved me. I did not believe in a higher power like my mother said a princess should, I always thought of everyone as equals and tried very hard to do things on my own or have servants teach me how to do it so I could have the servants relax instead about worrying their whole lives about a princess perfectly capable of doing things herself. Every time my mother caught me doing things for myself she would punish me by giving me a spanking. But I was tough and I would not give her the satisfaction of crying. Every time she would stop to ask me if I learned my lesson and I always spat in her face. She would again resume the spanking and repeated the  routine over and over again.  She finally gave up and went to go punish the servants by having them sleep outside. But I would always bring them in my headquarters to sleep and I brought them food. My mother wasn’t really my real mother. My real mother was stolen when I was a baby and my father mourned her disappearance but he was ordered by my grandfather to remarry. My step mother was kind and I liked her though and I appreciate what she has done for me the only issue I had with her is the fact that I had to at like a princess but other than that I loved her company more than anything. She was a real treasure and even if she did spank me her past was dreadfully sad and she was misunderstood. She loved me very much because of the kind of personality I had, she told me herself. Anyway I was waiting with William in my head quarters when the door opened, "princess Meredith, prince Nicholas is here for your play date your mother would like to speak to you before you meet him though" I stood up from my place and smooth out my dress and reached out a hand for William to help him stand up. I took the butler's hand and kissed the palm of his hand, and smiled at him ever so kindly, "thank you Jeffery I shant know what to do without your glowing presence"  he smiled at me and bowed but I stopped him held his hand and walked down to my mothers room which was might I add a very big room. I kissed Jeffery on the cheek and gave him a cupcake that I was waiting to give him for building me a tire swing. It was not exactly what I wanted- which was a pink swing with a gym set and everything!- but the swing he had made me was majestic the best I had ever seen and it made it even special because he did it with love and with the only free time he had yesterday. " what is this for princess Meredith?"

"its for building my swing yesterday Jeffery it might not be the best one but I love it with all my heart especially since you built it with kindness"

"with how you treat everyone and my dear son William I don’t see why I cant make time for the dear beloved princess" he said touching my nose  and I giggled and as he was going to open the door for me, I stopped him and told him, "I can do it Jeffery I'm a big girl now go enjoy your afternoon you may have my lunch and share it with everyone I am not very hungry this evening and with making the ball preparations you all must be starved!" I gasped and Jeffery nodded and walked away. I opened the door and my step-mother  smiled at me, "hello my darling Meredith! Oh you look so splendid! I cant believe the 2 year old has grown to be a gorgeous 6 year old!" I smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the cheek and she smiled brightly at me. But she looked somewhat pale, "step mother  is something wrong?" she smiled at me and shook her head, "just a little hungry is all" I took a piece of bread that was on my platter in my room and gave it to her. It was supposed to be my snack but she needed it more than me, "thank you sweetie your very kind but I wanted to tell you something regarding prince  Nicholas" I must have looked confused because she gave me a pitiful smile and kissed my forehead, "your father and I want you and Nicholas to spend a lot of time together so you and William will be spending a lot less time together so you can fulfill your princess duties and marry prince Nicholas" I gasped I knew I had to marry someone but NOT prince Nicholas the most arrogant prince of all and he was only 8 yrs old imagine how much more arrogant can he be when he has grown? "I will not marry him mother I forbid it I will marry another prince but decree I will most defiantly NOT marry prince Nicholas!" my step mother gave me a stern look and showed me the way to the throne room. And not once had I looked her way. She will not make me marry prince Nicholas. I saw him them with his piercing green eyes looking at me and his brown hair hanging in his face and a scowl on his face returning mine. But he smiled as he noticed I would be hard to fall for him, "princess Meredith pleasure to see you"

"I see yours is the only pleasure in the room for I have no pleasure to see you!" my step mother scolded me on manners suddenly the door burst open and I heard protect the prince and princess! All over the room I cowered the room in fear I have not done anything wrong to these people why must they hurt me I saw as Nicholas was escorted and I taken away as people chased after me I screamed and yelled but I have learned to defend myself from guards, even so as a little girl I was a feisty one. I killed a man but twisting his neck and getting into guard position I got a knife and instantly threw it at people and ran into the woods. Where I ran into the woods and found a cabin. I came in and it was empty I decided to put on new clothes since mine were wet and in tatters and I went to sleep on the bed.  When I woke up there was a group of people watching me one of which was William. I smiled and jumped into his arms. The boy told me to get off it wasn’t William but it sure looked like him, "who are you? You look like a dear friend of mine" he scowled at me and left the room, "don’t worry about him you must be lost my name is Cassandra you hit your head pretty hard their what's your name?"  I blinked twice before I gave my answer, "um I don’t know" she looked at me confused and saw my forehead and gave me a look of understanding, "you probably hit your head pretty rough how about your name is Katherine AKA Kat you remind me of a kitty but kitty aint a good nickname so kat" I smiled at her.  I got to know everyone especially that boy that scowled at me when I lunged at him. Derrick my best friend and current crush.



© 2012 Yaksi Hernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on May 2, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012


Author

Yaksi Hernandez
Yaksi Hernandez

dublin, CA



About
I'm 15 going on 16 this year and i really love writing and i have amazing ideas on plots for stories and i hope one day when I'm old i can have the guts to show them to the world and um I'm a calm per.. more..

Writing