chapter 3: A Day with a prince part 2

chapter 3: A Day with a prince part 2

A Chapter by Yaksi Hernandez

Nicholas smiled at me his most famous crooked grin and held his arm out to me, " shall we miss?" i rolled my eyes and hit him with the fan Annabelle gave me, but i accepted it. we stepped outside into the queen's garden known as the most beautiful in all of England (so i heard every time me and Cassie headed into town). right now as i saw the garden right in front of me i knew it was true. it was humongous! with colors varying from light purple to yellows, reds, blues, pinks and explosion of colors with a labyrinth of roads going so far that it disappeared from my line of vision. " so why did you invite me to spend the day with you prince Nicholas?"
" please call me Nicholas and um i wanted to get to know you better i mean i just met you yesterday and all i know is what your favorite color is and i figured that out myself and i want to ask you for a favor" my heart when he said that. he didn't really want to be with me he just wanted something of me just like every guy in town. i don't know why it hurt me much more than with other guys from town, maybe because he was the prince i don't know, but i know that i wont show how disappointed i was, "oh well what favor did you need?" i asked him. I was a little scared about what he was going to say in return but i knew it was probably nothing and i was just making a big deal about the whole thing. he took a deep breath which made me even more nervous, "well you do remember about princess Meredith right?" 
"um yeah i think I've heard about her around town whenever i went I've heard she was the nicest princess France has ever had" he nodded in understanding i noticed we stopped in front of a beautiful bench with roses intertwined with the bench it was beautiful i didn't want to ruin it by sitting on it but he nodded and assured me it was okay to sit, "well when we were little our parents arranged us in marriage and i hated the idea of it in fact i knew the rumors about her probably a lie that she told her servants to tell to everyone in town and i knew she would be obsessed with me so were all the little princesses i had visited the year before but when i saw her the rumors were true she was the kindest person i saw i saw her walking with her butler and i saw her give him a cupcake telling him thank you for building the swing on his extra time and told him she would open the door herself and that she was a big girl i went to go look at her swing real quick and for a prince it was the worst swing in the history of swings so i didn't understand her when she told him that she loved it but i went back to see my mom and dad and when i cam back she just got there so i looked at her and scowled i wouldn't be tortured by this girl while she followed me around so i decided better give her the hint... but she was different. she scowled back at me when i saw you fight and then scowl at me it reminded me of her so i wanted to ask you if you can help me find her everyone accepted her being gone but i wont i will marry her if its the last thing i do!" he said smiling.Guess he was proud but my heart broke when he said he will marry her. if he was willing to marry her, then he was still in love with her. wait a minute... what did i care? i hated the prince with all my guts so i did what i had to do. accepted. "um yeah i'd love to know what the princess is like plus i mean it would help join France and England" he smiled an amazing smile and lifted me up and hugged me. we spent the time in the garden talking about our past and our favorites  but we realized we should start our picnic to stay on schedule. i saw derrick running to us as we started getting the food out of the basket, "hey kat! whats going on?" my heart stopped when i saw him, i was convinced that i loved him and i couldn't help but forget the prince and run to Derrick. "derrick what are you doing here! i thought you were spending the day ridding in town!" he laughed and i looked back at Nicholas. he looked kinda sad. "look i need to tell you something kat and this is going to be very well... eventful" i looked confused and he chuckled while poking my nose, "nothing bad silly just that i'm jealous your spending the day with the prince and well... not me" he said the last part quietly while grabbing his neck nervously. i smiled if this was going where it was going then i would most clearly be the happiest girl in the world, "what do you mean Derrick?" he rolled his eyes and kissed me on the lips. i was stunned at first but i quickly threw my arms around his neck. i smiled as we separated, "well um i guess you got the message that i was jealous of the prince and that i loved you? you make me nervous kat you know im not the romantic type" i smiled while nodded and i looked back at Nicholas and noticed a small tear on his cheek but he wiped it away. "hey Nicholas do you mind if we end our day together a little short? i would like to spend some time with Derrick" he smiled brightly as if the tear never existed, "of course not! what are you crazy? you don't need to ask, you are the guest after all. but remember that tomorrow we will start planning on finding my fiancee okay?" he said smiling but his eyes didn't look at all happy and in fact started watering again, "hey Nicholas are you okay?"
"huh? oh yeah i have allergies to roses yeah pathetic i know especially when i need to give the girl of my dreams roses, sucks but um i got to go, i have to look at a list of suitors coming this week. I would really like you and your friends to work here if you would all like" Derrick shook hands on it with Nicholas and my day was cut short with his majesty to spend the rest of it with Derrick. any other day i would have been the happiest girl in the world, but after spending the day with Nicholas i wasn't sure of what i wanted right now, i was scared of this feeling. 


© 2012 Yaksi Hernandez


Author's Note

Yaksi Hernandez
i would like some ideas you guys would like see in the story but if not thats cool just want you guys to be able to enjoy it with some of your ideas. same as always

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on May 5, 2012
Last Updated on May 5, 2012
Tags: ROMANCE, TEEN, FICTION


Author

Yaksi Hernandez
Yaksi Hernandez

dublin, CA



About
I'm 15 going on 16 this year and i really love writing and i have amazing ideas on plots for stories and i hope one day when I'm old i can have the guts to show them to the world and um I'm a calm per.. more..

Writing