Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by zz
"

First chapter of the newly improved Yuna.

"

 

The ceiling of the ballroom was painted to look like the starry sky while the walls were a deep green. Fourteen chairs were set up in a circle. Half of them were filled. Noisy chatter filled the room and spilled out into the hallway. Yuna observed thoughtfully from a corner. One of her nail bitten fingers – a disgusting habit- was twisted in her brown hair.

A boy with red hair kept glancing over at her and it was starting to freak her out. She glanced away, trying to look at a piece of artwork in front of her. Her brow creased as she tried to concentrate.

"That boy’s staring at you," her friend Nickie said. She was a tall girl with a slim frame. Her black hair fell to her waist and was usually pulled back. Her dark eyes always had a mischievous glint in them. She leaned on her arm and stared at the same painting.

"I know," Yuna said quietly. "I’m trying not to look." Nickie elbowed her in the side. Yuna bit her lip to keep from laughing, she was ticklish there.

"How long is it going to take for your parents to realize that you’re gone?" Nickie asked. There was a crash and then yelling from a room down the hall. The door to the room and all the heads in the room looked to see who the intruder was. A woman stood in the doorway her hair was the same shade as Yuna’s, so was her eyes.

"Yuna!" she yelled. Yuna ducked her head, trying not to be seen.

"About this long," she said her face flaming. The woman marched over to where Yuna and Nickie were sitting and yanked on Yuna’s arm.

"What were you thinking?" she demanded. "You had me and your father worried sick." Yuna pushed her mother away, not knowing her own strength. Her mother fell to the floor with a soft thump. Yuna jumped up.

"Mom," she squeaked. "I-I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry." She tried to help her mother up but she pushed Yuna’s hand away.

"Fine," her mother said shaking with anger. "If that’s how you feel about it, I won’t stop you. Just don’t count on coming back home for holiday." She turned and left letting her words sting her daughter.

Yuna sat down slowly, aware of the fact that everyone was looking at her. Nickie patted her friends shoulder and whispered soothing words to her. Nickie looked up to see that everyone was still staring at them.

"Don’t you have anything better to do?" she snapped. Everyone quickly turned to do something else, being careful not to look over at the two girls in the corner. The door opened again but this time a woman with long white hair and ice blue eyes walked in. She stood commandingly at the front of the room.

"I am Aris," she said in a strong voice. "I will be your teacher for the next years." She started walking around the room. "Some of you will fail. You will go home and try again in a few years. The rest of you will endure things that you never thought possible. Now, how about we introduce ourselves." Nickie and Yuna quickly glanced at each other.

"You go first," Aris nodded to the redheaded boy that had been staring at Yuna earlier. He stood up confidently and cleared his throat.

"I am Chason Woods," he said staring right at Yuna. She quickly turned away starting to blush again. The boy next to him who was similar in looks stood up next.

"I’m August Woods, Chason’s older brother," he grinned slightly. He was followed by Aine, then Dearl, then Livia. On and on. Finally it was Yuna’s turn.

"Hi, I’m Yuna," she said. "Well of course, you probably heard my mother earlier." She winced inwardly, she always babbled on when she was nervous.

"That’s enough, thank you," Aris said interrupting her. Yuna nodded and sat down graciously.

"Nickie," Nickie said quickly and sat down. Yuna envied her, she could stop talking whenever she wanted to, not that she ever did. Finally everyone one was done with introductions and they headed to dinner. Reese, a dark hair boy ran up to Nickie and Yuna.

"Hey," he said throwing his arms around their shoulders. "Mind if I sit with you?" He made a sad face that was hard to resist. Nickie looked at Yuna before agreeing. They sat down and Reese started to talk.

"That boy over there," he said pointing to a boy with white-blond hair. "That’s Dameon. Chason and August’s father supposedly killed his mother. And that girl," he pointed at Livia. "Dad’s an Immortal, mom a Fairie." He grinned at Yuna and Nickie.

"How do you know all this?" Yuna asked.

"My mom’s a Gossiper," Reese said taking a bite of a sandwich. "These are great." He devoured it quickly and reached for another. He thought for a moment then turned to Yuna.

"I don’t know anything about you. I know about everyone in this room except for you," he pouted. "I don’t like it."

"We just moved here," Yuna explained. "We lived in the south for a while. We move around a lot."

"Explains the name," Reese said taking a huge bite out of another sandwich so it came out all muffled.

"What?" Yuna demanded. She had barely touched her food, her mother’s words still echoing in her ears.

"Your name," Reese said. "I’ve never heard of it before."

"Long story," Yuna said smiling a little. After everyone was done, Aris walked to the front of the room. A colorful parrot sat on her shoulder.

"It’s time to go to bed," she said. "The girls will go with me, and," she petted the parrot, "will go with the boys." The boys looked at each other questionably. The parrot flew off Aris’ shoulder and onto the floor. It started to morph into a young woman with long black hair and black eyes. She was a dark version of Aris.

"Hello," she smirked. "I am Aglea. I will be the other instructor." Reese raised his hand and she nodded at him.

"You are a girl, how are you going to show us where we sleep?" he asked. He liked to ask a lot of questions.

"I can turn into a boy if you like," Aglea said laughing. "Ready?" She walked out of the room not waiting to see if the boys followed, she knew they would. When they were gone Aris looked around.

"I expect to see you bright and earlier," she said. Then she too walked out. They girls followed obediently. The sitting room outside the bedroom was painted a rich lavender. The furniture was a beautiful rose color that matched the wooden tables. The bedroom was painted in the same lilac. The beds made of the same wood, and the quilts the same rose color. Yuna and Nickie hurried to claim beds next to each other. Nickie tried to talk but Yuna silently started to unpack her things, leaving Nickie to babble on to no one. Yuna crawled into bed and tried not to think about anything as she drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Flames licked up sending out red orange sparks. People screamed as they ran for cover. A toddler stumbled around looking for her mother. Her brown was in pigtails, her pink party dress was stained with something red.

Yuna sat up quickly, hoping that she hadn’t woken any one up. She touched her shoulder where she had a nasty burn mark then to her stomach where she had more. The girl in the dream had been her. She laid down and rolled over. She closed her eyes and was soon asleep.

When the small group stumbled into the dining area for breakfast, they saw that some more students had joined them.

"Children," Aris said gliding in. "This is the rest of your class. Would you please introduce yourselves?" The new addition included Ema, Aislin, Gavin, Agro, Aella, Anwen, Afon, and Bran. After introductions they all sat down for breakfast. Ema sat with Yuna, Nickie, and Reese.

"This is my sister," Reese said smiling. "Isn’t she just adorable?" Ema’s face blushed almost the same color red as her hair. She smacked his arm playfully in only way a sibling could.

"Stop," she said. Yuna watched, she couldn’t tell if she liked Ema or not. She bit into a piece of bread and chewed thoughtfully.

"I think someone talks in their sleep," Nickie complained. "I kept hearing moaning and words that I couldn’t really hear." Yuna stopped chewing and swallowed. The bread had trouble going down so she started coughing and choking.

"Whoa," Nickie said slapping her on the back. "Careful." After a bit Yuna stopped coughing and started drinking some water.

"You okay?" Reese asked. Yuna nodded weakly.

 

"Momma?" she called out reaching her arms out at the passing people. Tears streamed out of her green eyes. "Momma! Momma!" She screamed as a fiery beam fell on top of her.

 



© 2008 zz


Author's Note

zz
Feedback is always appreciated. I know the her name is the same as a character in Final Fantasy, I named her that before I realized it and now her name fits her.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 2, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2008


Author

zz
zz

Portland, OR



About
I have two fanfics on this site, a couple of fanfics on http://www.fanfiction.net/~lizzielou16, two fanfics on http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=120820. Check them out! I have .. more..

Writing
The Model The Model

A Story by zz


The photograph The photograph

A Story by zz