Siren

Siren

A Chapter by Aurafiex

I knew not what kind of fate awaited me when the icy waters engulfed me aside from death. I should have drowned, but instead of death, something else claimed me, as though my pleas had been heard. Looking back now, I would have very much preferred the former.


….


They resembled men and women from my life ashore, but their bodies were scaly and their eyes bulging and glassy. Communicating with little more than inhuman gurgles and shrieks, they lavished upon me trinkets and jewels of the most magnificent grandeur in their cove beneath the waves. Food was provided in abundance too, a luxury denied from me ashore, and they waited on me hand and foot, as though I was their queen.


….


Then, I appreciated their kindness, but I felt out of place amongst their kind. They would do anything for me it seemed, except give me my freedom. It was then that I thrashed and wailed without relent, begging my hosts to see reason, just like how I had begged the men back ashore who held sway over my fate.


….


I would have gone on crying like a petulant child, but then a large, hulking male prostrated himself before me with a jeweled mirror held between his scaly hands. Only then did I stop, for it was at that very moment that I realized my skin had turned to scale. And as they celebrated my presence, I knew that I was to be their queen… and their slave. Forever.

 



© 2016 Aurafiex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful chapter. I liked how you led to the powerful ending. The good description made the scene come alive to the reader. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2016
Last Updated on November 6, 2016
Tags: Siren, Grimoire, Monsters, Evil, Fish, Fishmen, Short, Short Story


Author

Aurafiex
Aurafiex

Singapore



About
Hi! I enjoy World of Warcraft, music and swimming. I'm someone who writes for fun. Pardon any typos or mistakes, because I write on my phone(lol). I'm new here, so if you like what you see do.. more..

Writing
My Webnovel! My Webnovel!

A Story by Aurafiex


Into Hell Into Hell

A Story by Aurafiex


Midnight Midnight

A Story by Aurafiex