The Freaks: Chapter 3 - The Rescue

The Freaks: Chapter 3 - The Rescue

A Chapter by Blake
"

Shorter chapter with different POV's

"

Chapter Three

The Rescue

 

 

 

Damion

 

I slid across the sand. Tornado was tough. But I was stronger. I stood up, gave him a weary smile that was meant to say "I won't back down, b***h." I don't think he understood.

 

He threw a miniature tornado towards me. The sand whipped around me, slicing my clothing and skin. I held my hands up, trying to protect my eyes. Even a "hulk" like me has his weak spots.

 

When the sand died down, Tornado stood right before me. He winked and formed a tornado around his fist. Yeah, it looked weird. It felt even more weird when he punched me with it.

 

The punch itself hurt, but the twisting of the tornado wrapped my skin around itself, breaking parts of my skin on my cheek. It also had quite a force behind it, for I flew back, somer-saulting through the air, until I crashed, face first, into the sand.

 

"Son...of...a...b***h," I spat out through the mouthful of sand. Tornado wore a long black overcoat, despite the scorching temperature. In fact, everything he wore was black. His eyes even seemed to be a voidless pit of darkness.

 

I wiped the blood from my face with the back of my hand and stood. I held out my hand, grinned again, but not as confident as before, and waved for him to come at me.

 

Surprisingly, he did.

 

He jumped, twirled, and shot a gust of air from his hand in my direction. I flew backwards, sand stinging my eyes once again. But instead of crashing to the ground, I twirled in the air and landed on my feet, sliding through the scorching sand.

 

Tornado shot another gust of wind towards me. I was able to dodge to my right to avoid it.

 

It didn't take much longer for me to realize how much of an opponent this guy really was.

 

 

 

 

Elina

 

 

 

The shot in the shoulder hurt. Like hell. But it faded quickly. I watched, amazed, as another one of my special abilities took place. The wound in my shoulder from the bullet closed in on itself. I was healing myself without even trying. Seconds later, the blood had vanished, except for the stains on my clothing, and the wound was gone. Healed. I smiled, despite the situation.

 

A flash of light blinded me for a second. A soldier fell to the ground beside me. He was carrying one of the crowns that drains a super-human's powers. The device blew up in his hands. Smoke was coming from the soldier's body. He was motionless. Dead, most likely.

 

Then one gunshot in particular caught my attention. I jerked my head to the right, only to be horrified by the sight of James being killed by a soldier holding a gun only inches from James's face.

 

There was nothing I could do.

 

 

 

 

 

James

 

 

 

 

Imagine being asleep, in an endless void of darkness, yet still knowing you are conscious. I knew what happened to me. I was shot. And this...this was death.

 

I woke up.

 

It was all just a dream.

 

But what was I doing outside this late in the afternoon? I thought.

 

Sand.

 

It was not a dream. I had died. Now I'm alive.

 

I touched my head. No blood. No gash or wound.

 

Checking my surroundings, I saw soldiers sprawled out throughout the area. I could see out the corner of my eye Damion and Tornado fighting each other.

 

Elina. She was standing. She was okay. I was okay.

 

But how? I thought.

 

Suddenly I was being carried. Not by a soldier, I could tell. The carrier was gentle.

 

"It is alright," whoever carrying me spoke. A male voice. "Everything is fine."

 

"Liar," I thought. I looked up, the sun beaming down from behind the man's head. Through the brightness of the sun's rays, I could only see the glasses, short brown hair, and white skin of the man carrying me.

 

Suddenly the blue sky and bright sun changed to the ceiling of some sort of mechanical...technological...thing.

 

My confusion died down, and I realized I was in a plane. A really cool plane. Blinking lights, switches, big red buttons that I probably didn't want to know what happened when pressed. I could see to my right the sand of the desert, and to my left were seats and the cockpit further up.

 

The man who carried me into the plane placed me gently in one of the seats and examined me, as if studying some ancient text.

 

"You are alright?" he asked.

 

Didn't he just say everything was alright earlier? I thought.

I nodded. "Yes," I said. He nodded and gave me a smile that was meant to be reassuring and uplifting, but I could see through it. It meant nothing. Just a smile.

 

Across from me Damion collapsed into his seat. In front of me sat Elina. We were all here. Safe. Or atleast I hoped. I didn't exactly know where "here" was.

 

"What is this?" Damion demanded. Other people made their way into the seats surrounding us. People I had never seen before.

 

"A rescue," the man who carried me into the plane said. "My name is Isaac Lucious." He had a bit of an accent. I began to think. Canadian? No. Austrailian? No. British? Yes! A British accent. I then wondered how I could remember this, but nothing of my own past. Isaac Lucious interrupted my thoughts.

 

"I'm here to help you. To save you. We all are." He waved his arms across the many people seated around us. They all turned to look at the three of us. It felt awkward, but they didn't seem so harmful. Atleast...not all of them.

 

"There is much explaining that will need to be done. So please, no interruptions." He looked at me with a grin, as if speaking to me specifically.



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Review please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't trust that guy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very strange chapter. A lot of activity then a surprise ending. I will keep reading. I like open endings. Make the reader want to read more. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I love the way you made the small twist in the plot line. It gives us something to think about and ponder as we keep reading. You made the cliffhanger good, but maybe a little more suspenseful. :)

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hooray for confusing twists! I love the actiony stuffs in the chapter. The female is not your typical damsel in distress, and everything's just... awesome.

I'm addicted. Reading on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow such a twist! I love how u changed perspectives from each character...it really helped in developing their personalities. loved it cant wait for the next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


APOLLO APOLLO

A Poem by Rene Velez