The Freaks: Chapter 5 - Brain-Washing

The Freaks: Chapter 5 - Brain-Washing

A Chapter by Blake
"

Two different POV's

"

Chapter 5

Brain-Washing

 

 

 

 

Gregory

 

 

 

We arrived here not so long ago. It was cold. I knew that. Someplace cold, but I didn't know where.

 

I was kidnapped by these...these freaks. I had heard of them but never thought I'd actually be their target. They took me to this ship, which took me some place far away.

 

That was where I met her. Elizabeth. The most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

 

It was just us two, alone in our own private cell. She kept me company. I needed company. I had just been kidnapped for Christ's sake. She was good company. Friendly. Sweet. Beautiful.

 

Then they let us off the ship on some deserted land. The jungle. And in the jungle was the lab. And in the lab...we were transformed into one of them. That professor, Professor Uklaime Berrand, did this to us. He made us into these monsters.

 

I would get my revenge.

 

After we were transformed, we were put on another ship and sailed away to God-knows-where. A snowy, forbidden land far away from the jungle.

 

In the mountains of this region they took us. A secret lair was hidden in the mountains. We were placed in cells in this underground hideout. Different cells. We were separated physically, but not our hearts.

 

Time passed. I grew lonely. I lost track of time.

 

I had to get out.

 

I had to free Elizabeth.

 

But there was no way out. The crown on my head seemed to drain my powers. I was trapped in this hell-hole. This small, dark, damp cell. I pictured Elizabeth going through the same thing. It brought tears to my eyes, and rage built up within me.

 

I tried taking the crown off. It would not budge. No amount of my strength could even move it the slightest bit. I tried punching it, banging my head against the wall to break the damn thing. Still, nothing happened to it.

 

Then the guards came.

 

I knew that would be my only chance of escape.

 

Four of them stood outside my cell. One unlocked the door and slid it open. They all held sticks that radiated blue light. I didn't want to figure out how painful being slapped by whatever the hell that was felt like.

 

Two of the guards made their way towards me. I was in handcuffs. My feet were chained together.

 

This would be difficult.

 

Very difficult.

 

They lifted me by my arms and began to drag me out of my cell and into the hallway. I took a quick glance down either direction of the hall, making sure there were no other guards. There were none.

 

"Time to join the 'Dark Side,' kiddo," said one of the guards. I had not known what he meant...

 

...yet.

 

They began pushing down the hall towards the door at the end. I waited for the right moment. Waited...waited...waited...

 

The guard to my right stepped forward to unlock the door. I waited for him to do so. Once he did...

 

I threw my head back, breaking the nose of the guard behind me. He stumbled backwards, tripping over the other two guards behind him. They all lost their balance and toppled over.

 

I kicked the guard who had unlocked the door in the groan. He doubled over. I raised my knee to smack against his chin, forcing him to bite his tongue and fall over.

 

I jumped on to one of the fallen guards, wrapping my legs around his neck. With one violent twist of my legs, his neck snapped. His body became limp.

 

I rolled on the ground until I was standing. Two of the guards were already getting up. The door behind them was open. But I couldn't leave them alive. They'd call for backup.

 

I used the technique I was taught as a kid during karate lessons. I raised my shoulders, tightened my muscles, and quickly dislocated my own shoulders, swinging my arms over my head to where my cuffed hands were in front of me instead of behind. It hurt like hell, but it was well worth it.

 

I picked up one of the guard's dropped batons. It glowed brightly, slightly humming. I swung it at the guard before me, smacking the top of his head. An electric shock coursed through his body. I figured unconscious was good enough for the moment.

 

I swung the baton at the guard to my left, knocking him unconscious as well. There was just the guard at the door who had been kicked in the groan. He was still hunched over trying to recover. I gave him a smile and threw the baton at him. It smacked him between the eyes, electrocuted him, and fell with him to the ground.

 

I did it.

 

I was free.

 

Next, I would have to find and free Elizabeth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Elizabeth

 

 

 

 

My cell's door slid opened. The guards entered and lifted me by my arms, forcing me out into the cold, damp hallway. Normally, I would have been able to take them. But ever since they put that weird crown on my head my powers were completely drained.

 

They walked me down the hall. I looked into each dark, lonely cell along the hallway, hoping I would find him. Gregory. It hadn't taken long for the two of us to fall in love. Ever since we met on that ship which took us to the Professor who transformed us and shipped us out, we were inseparable. He never left my side. He was my best friend. That was exactly what I needed during this dire time.

 

But he was not there.

 

For several minutes they carried me along corridor after corridor, hallway after hallway, door after door, until we arrived at a large room with a chair placed in the dead center. The room was circular with a dome ceiling. The walls were pure white and seemingly made of metal. The only things in the room was the chair, sort of like the kind you sit in at the dentist, and a few counters with lots of buttons and lights circling the chair.

 

Above the chair was what looked like an arm coming down from the ceiling. It, too, was made mostly of white metal and at its very tip was a long, sharp-looking needle.

 

The guards on either side of me forced me up the steps leading to the chair and pushed me into it. They strapped me in as if I were being prepared for a roller coaster ride.

 

I knew this was no roller coaster ride.

 

The guards stepped back. I couldn't turn my head to see them, but I heard the switching of a button. The metal arm above me jerked and began lowering towards me. The needle was aimed right towards my forehead.

 

I tried screaming. It didn't come out. I was too scared. Petrified. Paralyzed.

 

Then the needle went through my head and into my brain.



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Review please...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMIGIBBS. Yes! Elizabeth and Gregory are amazing new additions to your well-built cast of characters. They're Regulars, as you mentioned in chapter four, and that's an exciting new twist. Every moment of this story has kept me on the edge, and I've loved every second of it.

I'm looking for more. Very, very soon, kay?

[iwantmorenowthisinstant]

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ew. If I were Elizabeth, I would've fainted at the sight of the needle. That's also an interesting way to brainwash someone. Does the needle take brain-cells?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fast pace chapter. I like the attempt to escape. I knew the people would have a safety for them. Too much power to be able not to control. A very good ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow this is such an amazing story...this is crazy I cant wait to see whats going to happen. I think you should build the characters up a bit more, explain more how they fell in love, allow the audience to be there for that moment

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm... I guess you couldn't think of another name to name your character. Instead you had to use Elizabeth. Anyway, you have very well progressed characters, but the different point of views are confusing me. Maybe you should stick with one POV and not do all of these point of views so quickly in the chapters.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

OMIGIBBS. Yes! Elizabeth and Gregory are amazing new additions to your well-built cast of characters. They're Regulars, as you mentioned in chapter four, and that's an exciting new twist. Every moment of this story has kept me on the edge, and I've loved every second of it.

I'm looking for more. Very, very soon, kay?

[iwantmorenowthisinstant]

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2011
Last Updated on October 2, 2011


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


APOLLO APOLLO

A Poem by Rene Velez