The Freaks: Chapter 7 - Spare the Rod...

The Freaks: Chapter 7 - Spare the Rod...

A Chapter by Blake
"

From a bad guy's POV

"

Chapter 8

Spare the Rod...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guard

 

 

 

 

I watched from my post by the door to the Professor's office as the warlord shuffled his weight to each foot back and forth nervously. He played with his fingers behind his back, breaking out in a sweat.

 

Professor Uklaime Berrand sat at his desk across from the nervous warlord, who stood in the center of the room. The wooden walls carried many religious paintings and symbols. A large cross was hung up behind the Professor. Professor Berrand watched the nervous warlord calmly, his hands interlocked and placed on the wooden desk. Then he smiled.

 

"How did they escape again?" the Professor asked soothingly. His blue eyes were calm, but, having worked with him for so long, I could almost see a glimmer of anger within them. His gray hair was combed neatly, his bald head at the top shining from the light. His short goatee had been neatly cut. Before him, on the desk, lied the Holy Bible.

 

"The boy - the black one - and the girl had fought their way free, sir," the warlord answered nervously, his voice shaky. "Then they freed the other boy."

 

The Professor nodded slowly, his lips upturned. He glanced at his Bible and asked, "So you're telling me two Freaks, both with their powers drained, fought their way free?"

 

"Yes, sir," the warlord replied. "Then they unlocked the crowns that drained their powers and were unstoppable."

 

"You're saying they knew where to find the key to unlock their crowns?"

 

"Yes, sir. They must have seen a soldier lock a crown with the key and place it in his belt pouch, sir."

 

"Ah, I see. Of course." The Professor nodded once again. Then he smiled with his lips pressed tightly together. "And what happened next?"

 

"A plane came and rescued them, sir. Several Freaks came from the plane and fought us. We were no match, sir."

 

"A plane you say?" the Professor said curiously. "What did this plane look like?"

 

"Very high-tech, sir. It had-"

 

"And the Freaks?" the Professor interrupted. "What were their powers?"

 

"The ones from the plane had one male with the ability to shoot fire from his hands. And - and this man who could turn into metal. A boy who could turn into smoke, sir. And this girl who had - had...I'm not sure, sir. This...black thing attacking us."

 

The Professor nodded in approval and leaned back in his chair, which squeeked beneath him. He wrapped his interlocked hands around his knee, propped up on his other leg.

 

"So what would you do if you were in my position? How should I handle this to make sure it never happens again? Hm?"

 

The warlord glanced around nervously, shuffling his feet. "Forgive me, sir?" The warlord didn't seem pleased with his own answer. He looked afraid of what the Professor's reaction may be.

 

"Forgive you?" the Professor said while giving a chuckle. "And how many times must I forgive you?"

 

"The Holy scripture says seventy times seven, sir."

 

The Professor nodded. "Indeed it does. Indeed it does." He smiled and stared into the warlord's nervous eyes. "It also says 'He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes.'" Proverbs thirteen, twenty four. So how should I punish you? Hm?"

 

The warlord gulped as sweat ran own his cheeks. "I don't know, sir."

 

"You don't know?" the Professor said, frowning. "Aww, that's too bad. If you don't know then I have to make the decision. What should I do with you?" He tapped his index finger on his lower lip repeatedly.

 

Professor Berrand turned to the guard beside me on the opposite side of the door.

 

"You," he said calmly, pointing at the guard, "Go fetch me the Croc."

 

The guard nodded and left through the door beside me. The warlord glanced from me to the Professor, fearful of what the "Croc" was.

 

He had the right to be afraid.

 

After a few moments of silence in the Professor's office, the guard returned through the door.

 

"Here he is, Professor. As you wished," the guard said. I could see the horror on the warlord's face already, watching in pure astonishment as the large beast entered the office.

 

The Croc was definately a beast to be reckoned with. His teeth were jagged and yellow; his tongue long, slimy and pink; his eyes were pure yellow with little black slits for pupils; green scales covered the beast's body; his fingers and toes carried long, horrid looking claws; his back was slightly hunched over, yet he was still ten feet tall atleast. The Croc's tail waved through the air, and his clothes were stretched and torn across his bulky body.

 

"You azked for me, Profezzor?" the Croc hissed. He breathed heavily, echoing in my ears.

 

"Yes!" the Professor said excitedly. "So glad you could make it, Croc. I was hoping to ask a favor of you?" It was more of a command than a question.

 

"Yez, zir," the Croc replied. He eyed the warlord viciously. Hungrily. The warlord had backed up against the far wall, hoping he could somehow disappear and it could all go away. But there was no escape for him.

 

"Remember our stolen jet? I think I may have an idea of where it's at!"

 

"Oh really, zir?"

 

"Indeed. I would like to asks for you and the others to go and bring it back to me."

 

"Yez, zir." The Croc nodded.

 

"In the jet are several Freaks who are well trained, I must say." The Professor raised his chin arrogantly.

 

"We will handle them, zir."

 

"I want them returned to me alive, Croc. We must have them brain-washed. We need them to join our cause. Understand?"

 

"Yez, zir."

 

"And there's also a Regular aboard that ship. An old friend of mine." The Professor smiled cruely. "Kill him."

 

"Az you wizh, zir." The Croc nodded once again and began to turn to leave. The Professor stopped him after the Croc had taken no more than one step.

 

"And Croc," the Professor called out. He glanced over at the terrified warlord, trying to be as unnoticeable as possible, pressed tightly against the wall. "Take care of our visitor, will you?"

 

The Croc smiled a vicious, horrid smile. He began stomping towards the warlord.

 

"Wait-," the warlord pleaded, "We can make - we can make some arrangements." He held his arms out in defense. "I can help you. I can-"

 

The Croc leapt forward, his mouth opened wide, jagged teeth posed to strike, and chomped his jaws around the man's neck. There was a loud crunch as the Croc twisted the man's head from the rest of his body. The Croc swallowed the head, without chewing, in one gulp.

 

"Lessons must be taught if we are ever to accomplish anything," the Professor said approvingly. The Croc turned to him, dark blood leaking from his teeth and down his green-scaled chin.

 

"May I take the body with me, zir?"



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Showing some of the "bad guys" of the book. Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

LOLOL. "zir". Well done. The Croc is cool, the typical menacing baddie's henchman. Like him. Now that you've introduced the villains, you really need to work on them to impress me. My favorite part of any story is the villains, and in order for me to love them they need to be the best they can be. I love them. So work on your villains, and I will love you forever.

Well done chapter. Interesting. Interested to read more.

-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

LOLOL. "zir". Well done. The Croc is cool, the typical menacing baddie's henchman. Like him. Now that you've introduced the villains, you really need to work on them to impress me. My favorite part of any story is the villains, and in order for me to love them they need to be the best they can be. I love them. So work on your villains, and I will love you forever.

Well done chapter. Interesting. Interested to read more.

-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL! I loved this chapter. You vividly described the Croc. I could picture the creature inside of my head. The great part is that you can write and still review my book. XD Luv ya like a bro Blakey!

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wowww u have an amazing imagination...Im such a fan of this book! oh and I loved how you explained everything in the last chapter...amazing write...dont keep me waiting too long for chapter eight kay?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

503 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 5, 2011


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing