The Person Who's Forgotten

The Person Who's Forgotten

A Story by Lino Rie
"

A short saying about that person most people forget.

"
You know the person who has troubles in your class and doesn't seem to have any talent at all. The one that doesn't really look like they have any friends and no one really pays attention to. The person who always seems to be unattractive to most for absolutely no reason. Well they do have feelings. They really don't get any praise. Most think they're not good enough to be at school. Some even end their life. 
But there are those who are brave enough to try. Those who might make a difference in their life. The ones who shine for just a brief moment but are snuffed out by those of the populars. The ones who are hanging on to their life. They need the encouragement to hold on to their dreams. They need to be teased less and complimented more. Because they do have talent, they do have a friend, and they do have dreams to live. It's hard to hold on to something that doesn't encourage you.
I think of my self as this person. The one no one mentions. The one who seems unattractive. The one whose dreams aren't encouraged. The one who's been forgotten.

© 2012 Lino Rie


Author's Note

Lino Rie
Reviews are nice to have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We need this posted on our walls at school or something! People, especially teens, are forgotten in the crowd and no one tries to nourish their self esteem! I like that it sounds rhythmic like a poem but is in a story layout because a lot of people go through this. As an improvement, you could get rid of 'those of' to help it flow just that bit more but otherwise a good message and well linked back to yourself. I think this is a story that will forever be relevant

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your advise.^-^
Persona

11 Years Ago

You're welcome



Reviews

I was that person myself back in school. I was very meek and shy, often keeping to myself and not speaking to anyone that I didn't know or trust. I was constantly tesed and bullied, I'll admit I was an easy target. I'd cry if people stared at me for too long or if anyoen raised their voices. I was a bit of a tattle tale because I feared confrentation, I still fear it, but not to the extent that I did back then.

People would find any and every way to bully me, even one of my teachers joined in on the torment when I was in middle school.

I've been shoved against brick wall,s lockers, and even windows and often, I'd be put in ISS (in school suspension) along side those who'd attack me simply because I was trying to run to a teatcher I trusted for help and my backpack swung to the side as I ran up the stairs. They claimed I was trying to hit them with my back pack and it was three girls word against mine.

The few friends I'd made were often jumped just for being my friends, well until one of my friends stabbed her attackers with a pen in self defense.

In class people would joke that I'd one day bring a gun to school and shoot people, thankfully one of my teachers verbally tore into them for that one.

They'd try to trick me into thinking an upperclassmen wanted to date me or hang out with me, just so they could see me standing around wasting my time in hopes that someone actually cared, when no one really did. And when people did start to care, I didn't believe them out of fear that it was just another trick.

I know very well how you feel. It's one of the reasons I joined the military. I'm a completely different person compared to who I was back then and I am proud of that change. I did what everyone said I couldn't do and made it through basic training when others we all thought more capable than me couldn't get through the training at all.

I've learned to love myself and to not care about other people's opinions about me. No one has the right to judge others for being different because everyone is ifferent in some shape or form.

Please always remember that you are not alone. There is a whole community of people like me and you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


We need this posted on our walls at school or something! People, especially teens, are forgotten in the crowd and no one tries to nourish their self esteem! I like that it sounds rhythmic like a poem but is in a story layout because a lot of people go through this. As an improvement, you could get rid of 'those of' to help it flow just that bit more but otherwise a good message and well linked back to yourself. I think this is a story that will forever be relevant

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your advise.^-^
Persona

11 Years Ago

You're welcome
Awwww, I'm very sorry that you feel this way, I wish people would treat you better...

A couple typos.. I believe that: "Most think their not good enough to be at school. Some think of ending there life." Is supposed to be "Most think they're not good enough to be at school. Some think of ending their life." You just got your they're, their, and there mixed up, hahaha.

Also.. "They need to be teased less and commented more." I think that maybe commented is supposed to be complimented? I could be wrong, just a thought. Great job with this though, I know a lot of people who need to read this and learn from it.. This really gives you something to think about and consider.. Great job with this, thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree....very well written

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 11, 2012

Author

Lino Rie
Lino Rie

Williams, MN



About
I'm a girl who has little confidence and almost no talent. I'm 19 and have long blonde hair and blue eyes. My fears include: spiders, needles, not doing things right, disappointing others, and be.. more..

Writing
I am... I am...

A Poem by Lino Rie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..