Tattoos

Tattoos

A Poem by Donna
"

This poem is about my tattoos, and what they mean to me.

"

     To me, tattoos are a beautiful work of art.

They tell a story about who you are, and about your life.

Tattoos have a very special meaning to people.

Some may think tattoos are bad, and ugly.

They might think you must be in a gang, or

been to jail.

Today, people have tattoos for different reasons.

My tattoos are for me, they are who I am.

I am Catholic and my tattoos are not a sin.

I see the way people look at me sometimes,

and I don't mind.

It's my body and my tattoos, and I love them.

You should never judge a book by it's cover,

because what's inside that book is an amazing story.

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tattoos are stories of your life written on your body.beautiful reminders of who you are and what you been through

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Exactly! Thanks for reading! ☺
KCthelastboyscout

5 Years Ago

You're very welcome
I have tattoos as well. Few are from my right forearm trough my chest and left forearm that tells my life story. It is a representation of my past mistakes that I have learned from. The choices I have done and are making. Then, my future plans. It tells my story in an art form. I get what you mean when you said that people look at you, I get that a lot too. Some are from appreciation and some are form dismay and fear.

"My body is my canvas and my tattoos are my art"
"My body is the notebook and my tattoos are the stories"

Just be you, don't worry about what others think. It is a representation of your inner self and how creative you are. Keep your head up. Thanks for sharing this poetry of yours. Props!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you for a nice review! I appreciate it!
I have tattoos and been judged... I have been said I am someone who was a jailbird... Never been and no intentions to... But they do tell a story of life and it is one that most of us have with our tattoo's..
Thanks for sharing


Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Some of my friends/family judge me.it is fine though!. As long as i am happy with them, that's all t.. read more
I must admit. I love tattoos and like you. I see them as part of a person and their own unique personality. And they are expressing themselves as they see fit. And I have no problem at all. It is a work of art. Sadly I have none. As I have sensitive skin so not sure. The dyes in the ink. Would be okay with my skin. So never got any. But one day. I will. Before I leave this planet called earth. Simply for me. Like you said. Bravo to you Donna for speaking the truth out loud. No one has the right to judge anyone else.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I got a tattoo for my 40th birthday.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

I got a horizontal shape tattoo with a dragonfly in the center and a tribal design on each side. O.. read more
Donna

5 Years Ago

That sounds nice!
Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

I was really happy with how it turned out.
well, i had my first tattoo at the age of 60...a butterfly on my shoulder; and since then i have had 2 more butterfly tattoos simply because i like them.
Having said that i do not like to see people covering large parts of their body with them, f r me one tattoo well placed looks lovelier than an armful of multi-colours which can hardly be defined.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I also have them on the top of my feet! Those ones hurt!
Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

lol, yes my biggest butterfly is sitting on the top of my foot :)
Donna

5 Years Ago

Ohhh, I know what that feels like! I bet it looks beautiful though?
I think attitudes are changing. The younger generations love tattoos. When I was a teenager, only sailors or builders had tatoos. Now they are for everyone and I think it is creative and a great way to express yourself. Some of them are really intricate and beautiful pieces of artwork. Who knows I might get round to having that tiny rose on my shoulder blade after all. Be yourself Donna.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

You are right, times have changed too, it seems everyone has them now. I have seen some beautiful on.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
There's they're mistaken...sees the tattoos not the soul!
Be you always....you're good soul Donna😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


totally true there is nothing wrong in having one or two it is art and a symbol of self expression too

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2018
Last Updated on June 28, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..